Share | 

Shin-Draconious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Mon Jun 06 2016, 23:21

So now we have a WIP a fountain for Khaine. Using Nagash and sculpting a basin out of clay, once painted I will go about having blood pouring from his hand. Which gives me plenty of time to study up how I'm actually going to do that since resin water is a bitch, resin blood is even worse.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Tue Jun 07 2016, 00:35

Awesome concept.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Tue Jun 07 2016, 02:16

Nagash in a fountain for Khaine? Heresy! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Thu Jun 09 2016, 22:26

Lets be honest the only difference is Khaine has a slightly more awesome (and bigger) hat than Nagash

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Jun 10 2016, 01:14

Well if it was me I would bulk up the waist and the arms, they are to thin for my personal tastes.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Jun 10 2016, 03:26

I just found this and I am very impressed with what I am seeing. Froo froo, as they say, is only Froo froo as much until you realize that the beautiful things are actually horrible and twisted and just look enticing but are actually nightmares. So I can appreciate the sentiment.

I'm working up the courage to get my own project log up and running and your own progress is very inspiring! Does the library have your fluff for the kabal?

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Jun 10 2016, 04:03

You know, I was thinking about this while driving across the country the other day, and I think your modelling style would be really awesome if you made some of these sort of "perspective pieces". Foir instance, let's take an example...

@Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:

I know this isn't a DE base, but it serves to illustrate what I'm saying. I think your art style would be really cool to use this sort of vibrant, amazing basing for DE bases, but then make them sick and twisted when viewed from another angle.

For instance, having a pile of disemboweled bodies leaking out in the grass behind that bush if you turned the model to be able to see behind it. I think it would make for an absolutely amazing theme across your army if you made them all perspective pieces.

Like have an archon holding out a rose in offering, while holding a dagger behind his back. That sort of thing. If you don't take this advice, I may steal my own advice. Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sat Jun 11 2016, 00:08

@Korazell wrote:
I'm working up the courage to get my own project log up and running and your own progress is very inspiring! Does the library have your fluff for the kabal?

I'm glad that its given you some ideas. The fluff for my kabal is all out of my head there is a post here: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t13003-the-kabal-of-blissful-murder-the-cult-of-decadent-slaughter-and-the-dark-gemini which goes into a little bit more detail on the fluff though.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sat Jun 11 2016, 02:19

Lovely! I'll be reading that shortly. I'm currently rounding up my models and getting my things in order to start some terrain. Thank you for sharing your progress.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Tue Jun 28 2016, 23:01

News on the diorama front. I've finally finished and painted the tower and platform. Big ups to my girl Korazell (I speak American XD) for recommending spackle paste for the texture of the platform btw that's polyfilla in English......and ork. I'm giving thoughts about whether to put a wall around it but I'm not sure if it needs one, opinions?

In other news I've used the Garden of Morr scenery that my brother bought me for my birthday to make a rather nifty little slave market. I'm painting up a few minis to use as slaves and converting a few guards and a slave master. Here's how they're looking so far.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Wed Jun 29 2016, 00:37

Ok latest bit of Shin-Draconious goodness is the Soul Engine (not the official name, suggestions are welcome). This little darling is essentially like a wych cult for the dead. Its similar to an infinity circuit except the souls within it tear each other to pieces which keeps them from being nommed by She Who Thirsts and since all the feelings and sensations of these fighting souls are magnified those in Shin-Draconious don't need to feed as much. So its kind of like a dark eldar Valhalla I suppose. Anyway pictures:

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Wed Jun 29 2016, 04:57

Impressive!
Yours is a special brand of creativity/madness Smile
Very unique and a pleasure to look at.
Plus i like your fluff too, respect, because i struggle with coming up with a good backstory.
And in your log, every model seems to have one.

Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Wed Jun 29 2016, 19:12

I'm glad that my suggestion worked out for you! Very Happy It makes me over-joyed that my suggestion worked well for you! It looks good, and your American is...uh...great too! ( Not sure what ups is...but I'll take it as a compliment! XD ) So far, I like everything so far! The slave market is a nice touch, looking good, so does the soul engine and tower!

Eagerly waiting more updates!

Back to top Go down

Shin-Draconious
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: