Share | 

Shin-Draconious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 16:45

Ok so I'm gonna start logging the building and painting of my DE army and also my pet project for next years Armies on Parade in which I'll be creating a board of Shin-Draconious the area of Low Commorragh that the twins rule over.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 17:13

Looking forward to it Nyx! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 18:01

How do you create Commorragh terrain? Building several layers on top of each other?

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 19:08

My view is Commorragh is a multi dimensional city you can have whatever you want. I'm currently designing Shin-Draconious and so far it's only got two levels. 1 is where market stalls, public theatre, parks, slave markets etc are the second level is like a walk way navigate to the residential sections. Of course towering over Shin-Draconious is The Spire of the Dark Gemini, Diaval and Sinyxl Khaylart's palace.

Here's my minion Coco making sure it's up to her standards of quality control. I also use this in my Dark Elf dioramas and games before GW killed Fantasy.

So it's going to be multi-level but not like Inception style multi-levels, I have to transport this thing by bus so there's that to consider
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 19:30

Do you connect the upper level with walk ways?

Public transportation can be a problem. Why not storing it at home and inviting your friends?

That Minion looks fearsome! That's a Gargantuan Creature!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 22:20

That's the plan, I'm still looking at materials, it's early days yet. I just finished my webway portals:

I know what your thinking 'how can a voidraven get through that?' got the answer too from a vintage Dr Who episode (not that Moffat crap) - Transdimensional engineering a fancy way of saying something large can get into something small.

I know pretty fierce, who needs grotesques when you have a lionhead rabbit?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Fri Nov 13 2015, 22:50

"Something large can get into something small"

Anyways, teenage jokes aside, I love those webways. They're beautifully made and very appealing to the eye.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sat Nov 14 2015, 09:01

Well theoretically anything going throw a worm hole (which is what a portal is) would be stretched drastically when entering and traveling, so something 100 meters width would infact turn into something the size of a straw from a McDonalds drink then instantly reverted to its original size when exiting Wink

But on subject, it's beautiful, honestly is well done!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sat Nov 14 2015, 10:08

Are those age of Sigmar models?

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sat Nov 14 2015, 13:30

Yeah they give them some poncey name like realmgates or something I saw them and thought 'Ooohh floating doors that's just the sort of thing Diaval and Sinyxl would have'. The mist was also a great texture to test out my homemade pearlescent paints.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Mon Nov 23 2015, 00:09

Alrighty then! a very prosperous weekend. I've started gathering materials for the large 'upper tier' where my DE tower will sit along with one of the portals and a raider and the tower it sits on which will also house the entrance to the undercity for The Hex

Materials:

My beloved gold and silver marker pens (very important)
2 A2 sheets of foam board
Modelling clay
A big cardboard tube, this I got for free from the local builders merchant/DIY store it used to be the centre of some weird plastic stuff

I'll start construction soon. I also started work on 'The Forest of Woe' essentially its a small forest of dryads who where once upon a time colonists who were unfortunate enough to fall victim to the same Bio-Weapon which made The Weeping Oak - A Deathwatch librarian who kept intercepting Diaval & Sinyxl's raids so Lady Valkira created a Bio-Weapon that turned him into a fully sentient tree, unable to go insane and still able to feel pain, every flower that's plucked is like a finger or ear being torn off and every insect or bird the picks at his bark is like tearing of flesh and breaking bone, only to have it grow back and the cycle start all over again. I will include pics of The Weeping Oak in my next post.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Tue Nov 24 2015, 23:01

So I'm in the midst of working on the 'upper tier' and here are the photos so far

Once I finish smoothing out the clay I'll be able to start adding details like texture.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Tue Nov 24 2015, 23:12

The only suggestion from me is that you adjust the angle and "spikeyness" of the top curl, I made this as an idea.

sKP
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Wed Nov 25 2015, 09:13

Oof. Spikes like those are extremely awkward, even for storage afterwards and hoping they don't bend/warp/break.

Looking good so far! Keen to see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Wed Nov 25 2015, 11:43

Wow super jealous you have that crazy Dark Eldar tower. Been seeing that on ebay for ages and have really wanted it. You did a great job painting it. Love the idea for your project-log... I have yet to make a display board for my own army but I definitely want to. Can't wait to see where this project goes. Way to make a splash with that tower

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Wed Dec 16 2015, 23:39

Phew, it's been a while since I last updated so now that the tough work on my tower is done I turn my attention to my dryad forest (I haven't thought of a sufficiently Dark Eldary name yet), a forest to surround the Weeping Oak, similar story all of them were once human, tau or enemies of the twins. As the haemonculi of The Hex created the bio-weapon that created the Weeping Oak they tested it on other subjects, creating a forest of sentient, pain stricken trees although unlike the Weeping Oak they don't grow in size or encourage other flowers to grow off them, adding to their pain when picked.

I also managed to finally finish the symbol for the Kabal of Blissful Murder and have it made into transfers. Here it is on my unfinished Ravager.

You can't tell on the pictures but the gold and silver are actually metallic.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sat Dec 19 2015, 12:32

At first I thought you hand-painted the symbols. I couldn't believe it so I reread the first few paragraphs a couple times lol
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:03

You know that moment you realise how long its been since you posted on your own project log? and you suddenly think:

Well this has suddenly happened to me, granted I had good reason to take a break from my project what with Bigwig becoming very very sick and now he's lost an eye but he's still fearsome:

See what I mean, you wouldn't want to mess with him would you? So hang on while I take pictures of my Fantabulous new additions to my Shin-Draconious board.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:24

Does your rabbit just roam around the house, or stay in a cage?

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:32

So first up we have The Weeping Oak and the forest that it sits in which as of yet does not have a name. Some might think this sounds familiar. For fluff sake I shall elaborate. The Weeping Oak started life out as a Deathwatch Librarian who royally managed to piss off Diaval & Sinyxl Khaylart. So in typical dark eldar style they want this guy out of the way in as painful and horrible manner as possible, enter Lady Valkira. She created a biological weapon that turned people into trees, but not just that, the victims skin turned to bark but they kept all their nerves so if an insect nibbles at their bark its pretty much like having a drill jammed in your thigh, the flowers that grow on them are also attached to nerves so anybody who happens to pick them is essentially tearing off a finger or ear, they also kept there sentience, unable to move, speak or do pretty much anything but unable to go insane. She tried this out on a number of captives and refined the weapon for the Librarian. In the midst of battle the Deathwatch Librarian lost his ability to move and was taken to Shin-Draconious, unlike his predecessors the Librarian grows causing even more agony and his flowers are the most beautiful and fast growing so there is no shortage of those who will pick them adding to his torment. However he has retained the ability to cry and the pond beneath him is composed entirely of his tears. Many Dark Eldar swam to visit this beautiful forest of pain and despair to appreciate it's serene beauty and savour its delicious torment.

Piccy Time!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:33

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Does your rabbit just roam around the house, or stay in a cage?

He only stays in a cage at night hops around the house the rest of the day

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:43

Cool. Very nice looking basing and model, though a bit froo froo for my tastes. No death, blood or crushed space marine corpses. Very Happy

I'd be afraid to use my models if my bases looked that good. Haha.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:49

Haha yes its a bit more poetic than that isn't it? the twins are very 'froo froo' they love anything pretty it just has to be at the expense of someones happiness, they view simply torturing and killing the victim as crude and primitive, not to mention a bitch to clean up afterwards.

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Mon Jun 06 2016, 00:15

The twins? Are those like archons in your kabal or something? You'll have to forgive me for not keeping up with the stories sections here. I spend so much time cross-referencing rules and tournament info that I don't have as much time for the fluff stuff. Priorities, I guess. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Shin-Draconious   Mon Jun 06 2016, 01:19

Ah, the unidentical twin Archons Diaval and Sinyxl Khaylart rule the Kabal of Blissful Murder and the Cult of Decadent Slaughter respectively and the Dark Gemini an umbrella organization encompassing their scourges, factories, slave trading etc. They were born to one of Vect's assassins, their father was a Harlequin Solitaire though Vect raised them as his own. Suffice it to say they're considered...odd, the only reason Vect allowed them to be born was the extra status it gave him. The twins strive to destroy She Who Thirsts and rebuild the eldar empire, both have a flair for the dramatic and beautiful. They also spend a great deal of time trying to stave off the Thirst with a minimal amount of bodies piling up and depriving She Who Thirsts of souls. Unlike most of their kin they never enslave their own kind, preferring to rehabilitate the parched and more bizarrely they can be trusted to keep their word.

Shin-Draconious
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: