HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CanadianMecha
Hellion

PostSubject: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 03:00

so I was thinking about putting this formation together inside a 1850 pts list and I want to know if a 600pts investment is a good idea Razz

I just want to have personal ideas and thoughts

and by the way my main opposant are going to be tyranid and space marine (blood angel)
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 04:07

I love it!

It's slow, but amazing.

Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 07:13

I've been using it quite a lot. It can be killed quite fast if you are not careful. Grav and D-flamers are your worst enemies. And Force Hammers. On the otherhand if your opponent is not prepared to kill MC:s, it can be very great in getting points. And because it is slow it can be in a wrong place quite easy. Yuo need to think where it should be at turn 4-5 during the whole game so it doesn't take too big a detour to kill 5 marines on a distand objective.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 14:50

ok I see thank for your feedback Very Happy I'm almost sure I will have this formation Razz

Vasara you talk about how slow they are, but the formation give them scout so you can deploy closer to your enemy to charge them earlier do you have take this in count ?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 14:59

Use heat lance on them, to not be tempted to shoot instead if sprinting.
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 15:26

I was more tempted with haywire Razz but anyway I will magnetize the tail
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 17:00

I went with Haywire, and they did awesome in a doubles tournament at GW. They can really rack up the VP's.

Haywire so that they can take out transports or vehicle threats like Knights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebellion.co.uk
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 17:00

@CanadianMecha wrote:
I was more tempted with haywire Razz but anyway I will magnetize the tail

That's the problem. With haywire, you'll want to shoot at vehicule. But, doing so, you'll negate your sprint move and won't lock ennemy in CC. Talos are slow. Every time you shoot with them, you slow them a little more. Corpsethieft claw is a CC unit. Focus on it.
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 17:04

They scout move at the start so by the end of the first turn they are on the half-way line of the board. Unless you're playing length ways, or your opponent sticks everything on the back line, they'll be charging in Turn 2 whether or not they shoot in their turn 1.

In 5 or 6 games I've played with them, only once did they not have something to charge on Turn 2. Also, if you destroy a transport with guys inside it, you can charge the occupants and that creates a huge bubble of 'Do Not Enter' around them.

I ran them with 5x Haywire and 2x Ichor Injectors for 670pts. The Ichor Injectors to try and Insta-Death Monstrous creatures or Wraithknights.
Back to top Go down
Render Noir
Slave

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Thu Nov 12 2015, 17:46

I have never used them much for CC which is why I probably shy away from the formation
The slow speed was why I used them stock as firebase

Then I swapped the Corpsethief for a Trio of Talos (1 HS slot) backed by a Dark Artisan Formation
Gives me 4 Talos as a Firebase with FnP 4+ reroll 1's, plus I still get he Freakish spectacle buff

I mainly play ITC missions were the extra VP from Corpsethief go to secondary, which I usually do well with already thanks to Reaver spam.

may rethink just pushing them forward
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 00:07

Below 1850pts, I don't think I'd use the Corpsethief claw, and when you do use it, you have to build around it in my opinion. You want other things in there to compliment it.

It isn't a particularly friendly formation if you pair it with a Dark Artisan either... not many people want to play against that, hence we used it in a competition Smile

It is a lot of fun though Smile
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 00:58

I love the Corpsethief. I tend to keep the Splinter cannons on them to keep them a little bit cheaper and more focused on their job. Close combat and board control. I give them 3 ichorinjectors and maybe two chain flails. This really let's them threaten more kinds of units in the game with their instant death and fleshbane, some shred etc...

I have tried the Dark Artisan, but just find it a little underwhelming. I find it better on paper the in game play. It isn't terrible, but just not that great. I can see some merit in the artisan and a unit of 3 Talos, but think I would still prefer the Corpsethief. Those extra points you get for killing enemies in combat can go a long ways

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 11:07

We tested a bit with Splinter Cannons but found that the 30x Poison shots on a unit of infantry that you want to charge can sometimes kill all the infantry before you can charge them. That or kill the closest 2 or 3 so that the charge range increases.

At least with the haywire, if you do decide you want to shoot the squad before you charge it, you aren't likely to kill many/any Smile

The Dark Artisan works great supporting Talos or the Corpsethief Claw, especially if you make the Haemy in the formation your Warlord. That +1 to FnP and re-rolling the 1's on FnP is HUGE.

You can walk the Dark Artisan up the board, but deep striking it with a Webway portal and giving everyone in the formation a template weapon makes for a horrible strike on the turn they arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 11:34

I use it often and with great success. Especially paired with a Seer Council to buff them up a little.
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 15:48

Guys your feedback is really appreciate
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 16:11

The Splinter Cannons aren't there to soften up the unit the Talos are about to Assault. They definitely don't need help there.  The Cannons are there to pluck off people from a distance when they don't have any good assault targets.  And 30twin liked shots is kind of awesome for overwatch.  Especially when those force thunder hammers want to get in their or nids want to tie you up.

I can see the merits is haywire. Just think the unit loses focus that way is all.  But if your army list is really lacking in AT then haywire might be a good idea.  You should be able to get enough AT anyways, but you may end up wanting more.  It just makes the Corpsethief really expensive then.

Do what I did and magnatize all the weapon options and see which works best for you.  That's what I did

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 16:29

@colinsherlow wrote:

Do what I did and magnatize all the weapon options and see which works best for you.  That's what I did

Yeah, I'll be playing around with some Smile
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   Fri Nov 13 2015, 18:21

Magnatizing the tail weapons in really easy. I just clipped about 25-30% of the round ball joint on the end of the tail and glued the magnet directly on. You you could drill a little and use 2 magnets. It never hurts.

For the tail weapons I just used some green stuff and put a magnet in the green. The green stuff give you a little play on where you could place the magnet. Just squish in the magnet and fit to the tail to face the gun the way you want. The glue it in after.

I can send you some pics Via email if you are keen. Just mag me on here if you want

PostSubject: Re: corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???   

Back to top Go down

corpsethief claw... Is it worth it ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: