Share | 

Raider Tactics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wulfvin
Hellion

PostSubject: Raider Tactics   Mon Nov 02 2015, 16:50

Hi Guys!
Still brand new to my Dark Eldar army (only 2 games in now).
I have seen a ton of comments and tactica stating that DE have to remain a mobile army in their Raiders to be any good.

When I was playing this weekend, I ran into a problem as I thought I figured out how to use them.

What movement do you do?
-Combat Speed 6"? This allows you to move up to 6" and fire the Raiders weapons, as well as the Kalabites/Trueborn Inside at normal BS.
-Cruising Speed 12" This allows you to move up to 12". Can only snap fire with those embarked inside.

How do you move away before getting destroyed? I had figured that I would be moving Flat-out, but you cannot flat-out if the unit inside has fired.
Do you just have to stand there and jink and then not fire well next round?

Flat-out movement seems pointless unless you are trying to move your guys to a tactical location or getting into position for next round.

Trying to learn the best way to play with my limited army (ton of kalabite in raiders, along with some incubi until i get caught up on bills) Suspect

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Raider Tactics   Mon Nov 02 2015, 16:52

Jinking doesn't effect the passengers so if you use your raiders as splinter gunboats then they don't lose much firepower. Only the weapon on the raider itself would be snap firing.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Wulfvin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raider Tactics   Mon Nov 02 2015, 17:24

Yeah, I knew this.
My question is more in line with "how do I remain mobile while continuing to fire?"

I can move 6" and fire the embarked fine (with Splinter Racks, cuz duh)
I can move 12" and fire the embarked at BS 1 (6+ and Splinter Racks)

But how do you move out of the way again?
I assumed that I could move flat-out to basically move-in, shoot and then peace out (much like eldar jetbikes), but you cannot move flat out if the embarked unit shoots.

Do we just move the 6" combat speed, shoot everyone and the tank at normal, and then jink when fired upon and no-longer shoot the raider? I'm not afraid of losing the limited firepower of the actual Raider, but it seems as though we should be able to move more, after firing to make it so we dont get squashed immediately.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raider Tactics   Mon Nov 02 2015, 17:41

You are right with your maths. One tactic is to move 2 raiders so that one overlaps the other in LOS...in other words granting cover to the one behind. With Nightshields this will offer a 4+ to the one at the back, and jink with the one in front....then play leapfrog
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Raider Tactics   Mon Nov 02 2015, 17:47

Concentrate your Raiders on one side and kill them using your superiority in numbers. When you need to be somewhere else, flat out.
Back to top Go down
daveyo
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raider Tactics   Mon Nov 02 2015, 18:10

Agreed CptMetal. A spearhead on one flank, and take one side...keep to cover. Concentrated fire is the way forward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raider Tactics   

Back to top Go down

Raider Tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: