HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Le menuet des follets - Faust's Harlequins troup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faust
Slave

PostSubject: Le menuet des follets - Faust's Harlequins troup   Wed Oct 21 2015, 20:02

Hi TDC,
I haven't touch a brush in 15 years so I'm a bit rusty and also painting technics evolved a lot.
I will share the slow (but steady I hope) progress of my little troup.
I decided to join TDC as the community looks fair in discussion, gives good advices and there is amazing stuff in the workshops!

Sorry for the pics, it is a new exercice for me and it seems that my phone is not the best thing for that  Sad

My 3 first Harlees :

back:

front :

The one on the right was the first painted. I was not sure of my color choice at that time so I shall repaint it from scratch. (paint layer to thick)
The 2 others are mostly done. Need to add the troup rune (not define yet) and to do the base but I have no idea for it.
Remarks and comments are more than welcome, especially idea for bases.

ps : these pictures are maybe too big, let me know if I should upload smaller ones next time.

Faust
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Le menuet des follets - Faust's Harlequins troup   Thu Oct 22 2015, 00:30

Hi and welcome to the Dark Wink
It seems to me that your skill have survived a 15 year hibernation well.
The picture's size is fine. The pictures themselves are a bit dark though, there are a bunch of good articles on miniature photography on line but most boil down to light the model from at least two sides and if possible through a diffuser.
Have you read Evil Space Elves log yet? He has a nice tutorial on how he does his basing on there, I'm very lazy indeed with basing and just use texture paint, a wash and then a dry brush.
Hope this helps and keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Le menuet des follets - Faust's Harlequins troup   Thu Oct 22 2015, 17:48

A great start good sir! I love me some harlequins and yours are looking really nice.

Because they are using more of a darker colour scheme I would think about doing a lighter tone of basing. Maybe desert theme with some grass tufts (Grass like this) or a more snowy base to complement the purples ( a snow base tutorial)

Oh and check these out if you want to improve your photography with your phone Here and a good article for general mini photography Here

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Faust
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Le menuet des follets - Faust's Harlequins troup   Fri Oct 23 2015, 19:31

Thank you Punk and SC. Really appreciate your comments and the links. Especialy the one on phone photos, very well documented. I think I will go, with the snowy bases. SC your tutorial looks perfect!
I'm also digging in ESE topic, awesome stuff there too, and ... I don't know how you all manage to do such quantity at this quality level.
Back to top Go down

Le menuet des follets - Faust's Harlequins troup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: