HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:23 am

Episode 16
We are joined by listener Jack Gerlicher for our guide to playing Dark Eldar for beginners in Brian's first episode back from paternity leave....and the rust shows as he carves all the intros a new one. This episode also features an interview with listener Greg Lewis from the Overlords gaming group in London as we discuss the perils of overseas Revenant shipping. Enjoy!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:22 am

Nice show guys. Very interesting.

I would like to say, a lot of your talk on Ravager vs. Scourge seemed to forget something. There seems to be a feeling that Scourge mean Haywire, but for the exact same points cost you can take Scourge with Heat Lances. Ok, you lose on range compared to the Ravager, but the Heat Lance I think has benefits. It can still take on vehicles, whilst also taking on Infantry.

Also:

First use, my Revenant D'ed a Stompa, causing it to explode and take out the entirety of my opponents army. First shot tabled my opponent.
#RevenantOwnerProblems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:17 am

"It has a toughness value. We can wound it."
- Fearless Kabalite warrior

Just something that got in my head while listening.
Anyway, you just made me feel bad for a Revenant Titan. I don't know how to deal with that. Overseas shipping is scary already.

And hey:
I have a great looking revenant with a good paint scheme, and it is great to be playing with it. Too bad that the game is over by the time I end this sentence and I have to take it off from the table because there is nothing else left. GG, now I have to go home early #RevenantOwnerProblems
(I don't actually own a revenant, but I am sure that the brighter paint will look great even if it is fighting for DE!)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Really enjoyed this episode, as much as it was aimed at beginners I would say that the ideas and tactics discussed served as a welcome refresher for any seasoned Archon.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Rely cool episode. Half way through now.

killedbydeath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:25 am

Great episode. As a "new" dark eldar player this really open my eyes to the traps and strengths for the dark eldar. In the beginning of my dark eldar "raids" most of my opponents (friends) didn't know the strengths and weaknesses of my newest army. But they quickly learned or looked anti DE tactics up online... But I know now some of the errors I make. Like trying to make incubi to work as the Swiss army knife and the archon trap.
I hope I can surprise my friends again and win more games with my true kin.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:01 am

Finally got round to listening to this episode yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it. You both bought up some interesting points and your guest was very informative and pleasant to listen to. Even through I am a vet of 15+ years I still enjoyed this and got stuff out of it Smile

A thought for a show idea. I have seen quite a few new players to dark eldar asking about colour schemes and kabals/coven schemes. Maybe you could do an episode about fluff from a few kabals or how to write your own, and how you would go about choosing a colour scheme (research, sketches, codex pics ect). Could be quite interesting

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I was intrigued at some of the subtle differences between the hosts' opinions on units now and when the codex came out.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm

@Jimsolo wrote:
I was intrigued at some of the subtle differences between the hosts' opinions on units now and when the codex came out.

I'll bite: Examples? I'm curious bounce bounce bounce

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:47 am

I probably pulled back on the bikes...maybe? I don't recall how much I did or didn't endorse them, myself.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:36 am

I liked varied opinions on ravagers and lance count in general. Great episode!
Back to top Go down
cogniscowboy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:29 am

I just started listening to your podcast. Thank you for all your hard work!!

Last edited by cogniscowboy on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:31 pm

@cogniscowboy wrote:
I just started listening to your podcast. Thank you for all your hard work!!

Glad to hear, and you're very welcome!

So glad to hear that you have found a group to gel with. This is a game that is meant to be fun. Doing it with the right people is well over half the battle Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Did you upload a picture of the titan or the London guy´s paint scheme?

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:20 pm

@CptMetal wrote:
Did you upload a picture of the titan or the London guy´s paint scheme?

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 16: Realspace Raiding for Noobs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: