HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ogres and Grotesques

Go down 
AuthorMessage
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Ogres and Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 22:59

I am not a fan of the current grotesque models. I was wondering what people use as alternatives.

I was thinking of converting fantasy ogres with metal appendages, are they the right size or too big? Anyone else have any suggestions?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 10:28

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 10:35

Fantasy Ogres are pretty much the right size, and exactly what I used.
A good option, though a little chubby. I had to completely rebuild the legs to make them look a bit more functional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
submarine
Hellion
submarine

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02 2015, 23:47

thanks guys, I will give them a go.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2015, 05:21

I second the Warspears. Cheap, plentiful, and a decent size.

Some other options include:

1) Crypt Horrors. Nexs is just starting some really amazing work on his over on his project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11170p180-nexs-painting-converting-and-banter-log#147203

2) The new(ish) Skaven Storm Vermin. They're a little more expensive than fantasy ogres, but they more than make up for it by having great musculature and a PILE of funky little bits that could be repurposed as coven stuff. The only other point is that they're a little big/bulky, but I like that.

For your reference, here is a lineup of a warspear with a crypt horror, storm vermin, and my own grotesque model of choice, the long OOP Paulson Games Bioterror (sorry, don't own any fantasy ogres for size comparison purposes).

Ogres and Grotesques IMG_20151003_001339

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
submarine
Hellion
submarine

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 00:06

thanks, that is really helpful. Where do you get the extras from, the masks, etc...
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 03:51

@submarine wrote:
thanks, that is really helpful. Where do you get the extras from, the masks, etc...

The Talos kit is basically a covenite bits box Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
colinsherlow
Wych
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 23:24

I have used the Warhammer Vampire counts Crypt Ghouls box with Talos bits and some green stuff. The ghoul face fit the Talos face plates quite nicely

Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2015, 01:13

@Mr_Pink wrote:

1) Crypt Horrors. Nexs is just starting some really amazing work on his over on his project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11170p180-nexs-painting-converting-and-banter-log#147203
Shucks!
In all honesty, if you're not interested in green stuff, my conversions of crypt horrors may not be for you. The options listed above are all great Smile I'm a particular fan of the warspear, as they look somewhat like wracks, which is a plus in my books.
I wouldn't bother with Ogre Kingdom Bulls, they're not really the right physical appearance for grotesques, in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ogres and Grotesques   Ogres and Grotesques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ogres and Grotesques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-