HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Thu Sep 24 2015, 19:17

I've been busy all week creating tiny demo pieces to show off the sheer awesomeness of our Fallout Hobbies Airbrush stencils. Check all these pics out!

Here’s a Dark Eldar Sail done up nicely with our Hex Grid airbrush stencil and a decal from our evil Space Elves sheet. Both available at http://www.fallouthobbies.com/store

Testing out the Diamond Mesh and Elven tribal stencils. I believe the results speak for themselves smile emoticon www.fallouthobbies.com/store

Here's a cool little 28mm scale terrain piece painted up with our Radioactive Stencils. You can see the fidelity the stencils can provide even with tiny lettering. Stencils available at www.fallouthobbies.com/store

Here's an MDF Catwalk detailed with the chevron stencil set. Stencils available at www.fallouthobbies.com/store

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Thu Sep 24 2015, 19:46

Looks really good! Kudos!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Mon Sep 28 2015, 19:21

oh frak. I got their Evil Tribal Stuff, and it is quite ok. Saaaaad those stenciles wasnt there from the beginning.

Is it multiple use?

Kinnay
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue Nov 17 2015, 14:44

Yeah, I really want to get some myself but would like to know whether they're multi-use or not. Is there a step-by-step photo (or even video?) tutorial to see how they're applied?

Looks like a great product! Smile

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue Nov 17 2015, 16:36

You do personal stencils right? These are amazing
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Thu Dec 31 2015, 15:54

These are actually really wicked,
Shut up and take my money!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Thu Dec 31 2015, 16:20

Cherrycoke wrote:

For you these stencils cost merely double
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Sat Jan 02 2016, 08:46

Lord_Alino wrote:
Cherrycoke wrote:

For you these stencils cost merely double

So mean Exclamation Now we just need Fallouthobbies to make a stencil such as this, to complete the work for all us lazy, untalented freehand artists.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Sun Jan 03 2016, 04:31

oh my gosh that'd be amazing
Back to top Go down
Adma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue May 31 2016, 18:49

Very nice! Could anyone tell me if the results are good brushed on? No airbrush here Sad
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue May 31 2016, 19:57

I can tell you that brushing on stencils is a very messy and unpredictable business. If you are slow, careful, and use very little paint, you can get results that are good, but, they will goop a bit around the edged, no matter what you do.

An airbrush is a MUST if you want to get those crisp details and basecoats.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue May 31 2016, 21:45

Beautiful model!!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue May 31 2016, 22:36

A stencil like that one usually needs a few layers, not that I use stencils on my voidravens and razorwings *innocent whistling*

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue May 31 2016, 23:33

There is no shame in stencils~

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Tue May 31 2016, 23:47

The lads at my gaming club would disagree, they'd call it cheating and I'd never hear the end of it. Having the best painted army makes up for the nerfed codex.

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Wed Jun 01 2016, 00:07

Well, when you lack the ability, the creative and dedicated find ways, while the uninspired lament?

Be proud, you used the right tools for the job.

Back to top Go down
Adma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Wed Jun 01 2016, 00:48

@korazell thanks for sharing your experience!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Wed Jun 01 2016, 05:38

Do you guys think it could work with a spray too? I don't plan on going full nuts, just some patterns on the side of the Raiders and venoms...

And I don't own an airbrush system... Sad

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Wed Jun 01 2016, 18:09

It'd be hard to use spray paint instead of an airbrush. You don't have anywhere near the ammount of control as an airbrush provides. Spray paint puts out WAY too much paint for miniature painting.

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Wed Jun 01 2016, 19:12

It would be very hard to do...

If you don't have an airbrush, what you could do, is get a sponge and use the stencil as...well...a stencil and then dap a light coat of paint on it and then press. You probably won't get as rich of coverage, but, you could get a neat "weathered" effect.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Thu Jun 02 2016, 19:20

Thanks. I have to rethink that :/

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics   Fri Jul 08 2016, 08:51

I know I'm a bit late for the party but from my personal experience a spray can does work with stencils. Maybe not as good as an airbrush, but certainly good enough imo.

Check my signature for my kabal if you like, I've used vinyl stencils on my Venoms and RWJ and am very happy with the results.

Vinyl Airbrush Stencil Demo Pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: