Share | 

Clone Field

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Tue Sep 15 2015, 13:34

I personally feel the fluff became from the third edition (when i stopped playing) to the 7th (when i restarted) a lot more plain and stupid.
I personally preferred when dark eldar were dark for choice and not for the great thirst.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Tue Sep 15 2015, 13:36

@Xalopec wrote:
To be fair, fluff wise the overall codex sucked. And the discrepancy between useful and usless units were a lot greater.
Personally I like it more now.

I assume this is some form of German humor where you say something that can't possibly be true as if it were true. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Tue Sep 15 2015, 13:42

just to add something to the sf/cf debate:

when i have used the archon i almost always drive him into the biggest and baddest guy, in that case i cant really afford the 50/50 of the CF so its has always been the 2++ for me Very Happy

ofcourse thats not really the place for him but thats where he should be imho

it seems a waste of a 150pt+ character + his retinue to just be able to manage lowly infantry so now I tend to just go for the Lhamean for HQ
Back to top Go down
Xalopec
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Tue Sep 15 2015, 15:13

Hahaha no I'm from Ukraine and I am serious. When I read this thread I was thinking of the good old days. So I had a look in the codex and discovered that it was actually not that great. Just the Archon really.

Nowadays I kind of don't see the point of taking one. You don't even have to compare him to other armys. For the same points you get 5 Incubi with 15A S4-5 Ap2.

The only possible use is to wwp some wraithguard in and tank the wounds with the shadowfield. Though I tried it a lot and were not too impressed with the performance to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Tue Sep 15 2015, 22:38

The Webway Portal is amazing for all kinds of things. As a weedeater unit, he's pretty decent (although still overcosted). If you're venom spamming, he can bring another one to the list all his own.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Tue Sep 15 2015, 22:40

Really though, you want to be taking a HQ because of something he can do for your army - not as a tax on a venom or WWP.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Thu Sep 17 2015, 12:01

When I get an Archon, I do it for his LD and because is cheaper than an Haem/Succubus.

Archon for LD10, cheaper guy, 2++ save (if u want).
Haemonculus for +1 pain, better in the Coven.
Succubus...i don't like her. Ap2 is nothing comparated to S4 AND no +1 attack for 2 weapons. I prefer a more solid Agonizer, so 5 attack S4 AP2 cannot really help me against nothing.
If I really want an AP2, i run Incubi or CC Reavers.

Anyway, 4++ save...well, when I think about it, i think "for +20 points I can get a 2++ save. And with T3, generally the first hit you get is deadly, so would the Holo Camp worth it?"
I don't think so. 2++ or nothing.
Back to top Go down
chickendinner
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Fri Sep 18 2015, 00:08

Just charged my archon into a soulgrinder the other day; I kept making the shadowfield saves while plinking off hull points with a haywire grenade turn after turn. This badassery is why I love to bring him when I want to have a good time.

I agree with the rest, though. For a competitive match it's just too many points.
Back to top Go down
Xalopec
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   Sat Sep 19 2015, 00:34

Jea for friendly games he is great. Like one game mine duelled a Wraithknight (the old one) and kicked it's ass and literally the next game he got a beeting by 5 tactical marines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clone Field   

Back to top Go down

Clone Field
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: