HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DE vs GK 1000 pts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Mon Aug 24 2015, 12:51

Ok guys. As i stated in my other topic ("help me to bla bla bla") now i'll provide my batrep of the first match of our home tournament.

RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT
It is a very fluff based tournament. The fluff (written by harrassing "that guy" GM) set point limits, day/night fight, first starter, etc etc... The more you win, the major part your faction took in the fluff. However, for "reasons" you can choose only one faction and one book (so no allied detachment also if haemy coven, for example!)

LISTS:
DE:
Archon on venom with 3 Incubus
3 venom w/ 5 man and a blaster
3 ravager (1 w/lances and 2 w/dissie)
1 5 man trueborn squad w/2 lances.

GK:
Suppahero that i dont know with his gang (2+ w/ fnp)
1 dreadknight
1 rhino
1 squad of incinerators
1 squad of MEQ

SETTING OF MATCH
Mission: first turn 6 obj, second 5, third 4 and so on. Variable duration, and you can only discard 1 obj turn. No killpoints, 3 secondary obj (kingslayer, linebreaker, firstblood).
Terrain: very small table, due to house necessity. Likely 46" lengh and 38" wide.There was a very big ruined church in che center, slightly shifted to one of the long sides, with two very big BLOS
walls. It was perfectly aligned with long edges of the table, so from the short side you can see the whole lenght of the ruined church. There was other 4 small ruins on the corners.

From this point the narration became more and more difficult and confused due to my erratic notes.

START MATCH:
This was my only lucky dice: i've rolled 1 on the strategical traits: all my units have stealth (ruins) and ignore difficult terrain, so free parking on ruins for venoms!.
We deploy along the long edges.The objs were placed like this: two in my zone (each of them in one of the ruins in my corners), two roughly in the middle (one at the main entrance of the church, the other in the back), other two in his zone, but centrally, behind the BLOS.
From there, only unluck. First of all: from "fluff reasons" he choose the side to deploy. He choose the side with the major BLOS shadow cone, the long edge nearest the church.
I lost the dice to decide who deploy, however he choose to make me deploy first, start and not seize the initiative.

I deploy with an "X" pattern. In the left corner, two three venoms and 2 ravagers. in the right corner, the trueborn squad (castel up in a three levels ruin, controlling the obj N°1 at the top) and the other ravager.
The HQ venom in reserves.

He deploy all of units behind the BLOS, very near the wall.

TURN 1 (0-0)
MY
The fight was hexed now: I picked up 6 objs card, totally UNSCORABLE: 1 sec.objs was about the objs in his deployement zone. I have a "issue a challenge" and other obj card very unuseful ("cast a warp spell" and "made fail a morale test").
I move 1 of my dissie ravager from the left ruin to the center of left short side, in order to see some of his units and the whole lenght of the church.
Two venoms move on the wrecked roof of the curch, the third remain back to secure objs 6 (in the left corner ruin). I move the lance ravager in a more crossed position, near the border.

From my position i only see his rhino, and opened fire with 2 blaster and dissie ravager. I see also a shoulder of his uberknight, but it was very contested, so i dropped the issue.
two blaster and 9 dissie shot after i managed only 2 hits (!) and a glancing. This will be the main theme of this game, with my lances that shoot in the air like partying talibans instead shoot at the enemy.
I scored only 1 objs in my zone, and could not managed to do first blood. 1 pts.

HIM
Obviusly he teleported his dreadknights in my face, right next the trueborn squad. He moves all his units into the church (squad, rhino with incinerators).
The rhino and the squad both failed to arrass my venoms. The dreadknights do a flambé and cook all my squad but one. He will next ignore this brave trueborn (mostly because he is alone and armed with a silly splinter rifle) but it will became one of my best score unit.
He casts also "temple" on his DK (ehheheheahahah donkey kong! However, that warp power that increase of 1 all the save throws).
At the end of the turn, his HQ arrive in DS into the central zone of the church.
At the end of the turn, he scores 4 (four!) points. He done three control objective, assassinate (the sybarite).The first blood wasnt scored.

TURN 2 (4-1)
MY
I move the ravager with dissie that was in the left corner in the center of the field, with a good view both on a zone of the church and of his DK. I move slightly the lance ravager to have a LOS of the Dk also.
All three venoms move slightly to have LOS of his mens on the church.
I fired with all ravagers but the very left and far one on his DK, and it became obvious that this day the good ones to fire was embarked on the venoms turrets. All the ravages miss except for 1 lucky shot that wound the DK. The venoms fires all their splinter on the squad that covers his HQ, killing 7 of them, leaving three.
The last  dissie ravager fires on his HQ killing one and wounding another metashield of his hero. I managed to do another sec. obj (the one near the church).

HIM
The incinerators disembark, becoming another good meatshield units between my venoms and his HQ. He moves slightly all of his units.
The 3 mens mutilade unit exit from the back of the church to secure obj.
During the psichic phase the DK cast again "temple", but suffer perils of the warp. He done in this way the seconds wounds itself, and moves toward my lance ravagers.
He fire with all, destroying 1 venoms and obliterating one squad, gaining first blood. He charge with his HQ one squad that was now footslogging (note: the one with the blaster managed to fire overwatch and put a wound on his HQ).
The squad was deleted from the universe after this small bravery.
He score first blood, and sec.obj.

Turn 3 (6-2)
The game was becaming thight, mostly because the scenario see a regular reduction on the number of the objective cards that one could have in hand.
MY
The remaining venom and the ravagers move slightly (the venom sec. obj) and delete his incinerators squad. The ravager with lances move also to his short side of the table.
The lanceravages fire upon his DK, scoring an incredible 3 wounds! He is dead. Oh no, 2 was saved due FNP. Very sad.
The ravagers with dissie in the center of the table makes fire to the DK again. Two hits, two wounds. Incredible. He is still 1 wound far to be obliterated.
My reserves dont show up.
I score two obj, both of them in my corners (one with the lone trueborn!).

HIM
He moves the DK direcly near the lance ravagers. His HQ moves to the rear of the church, where i can't fire him with the left dissie ravager.
The rhino stomped the wall and enter in my deployement area.
The Dk fire and destroy my lance ravager.
His HQ fires to the central ravager, scoring 2 wounds.
He score 1 objs, the one in the rear of the church (again!).

Turn 4 (7-4)
MY
I feel that i was slowing gaining terrain.
I have an aces in my pocket: i was retaining with very attention all of my units outside his deployement area. I have a "behind enemy lines" that i dont want to score with 1 units, but with three in order to catch 3 points.
And now i lost the control of the game due a very very unlucky dice.
My reserves comes. My archon had blaster, and i put the marker in an open place, midway the DK and a scoings obj.
I roll. The venom scatter. Exactly on the Dk. I roll again. He choose so to put the venom in my corner (fortunately, one of the corner of the right side, unluckily, this will trigger my "behind enemy lines" obj).
So, my archon gang drop on feet and from this disembarck could however see the DK.
I move the far left ravager to meet the request of behind enemy lines. The venom also turboboost to his deployement zone.
The archon fires to the DK. Hit. I roll 1 on wound. S*it.
The central dissie ravager (with one wound left) unleash his fire and finally took over the DK. Urrah.
I roll to score and... 1!!! So, i've scored only 2 points this turn (the other was another sec.obj of the nest-legend trueborn who was firing all'over the place but hitting nothing).

HIM
His HQ drop dead my dissie ravager from their position in the ruins. The 3-mens survived squad moves in oper field to shoot my archon gang, but do nothing.
He do no points.

TURN 5 (7-6)
MY
I draw the obj card. It was an obj very near his HQ but that he wasnt controlling it!
The empty venom move and next turboboost to secure this objective. My HQ moves to a most repaired zone, but remains too much near his HQ.
The ravagers move to a position in his deployement zone where he could take place of actions.
My living legend on the top of the tower fires to the 3-mens squad, leaving 1 dead body.
I score 1 points.

HIM
He teleport his two paladins on the rear of my ravager and charge it.
His HQ shoot to my HQ and proceed to charge it.
No more, long story short. He wrecks all. And score kingslayer.

TURN 6 (8-6)
MY
The game ends at the end of this turn. Fortunately, because i've nothing except one war hero on a nest and two venoms.
I draw an object X that a venom turbo to it.
I score linebreaker with the other venoms.

HIM
He do nothing.
Fortunately, he doesnt notice that moving full throttle his rhino could had make also linebreaker for him.

Sadly, the game finished as a draw. But i'm slightly happy, because i was blessed (or may be hexed) with a very bad luck.

Last edited by RCZ on Mon Aug 24 2015, 13:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Mon Aug 24 2015, 12:57

@RCZ wrote:
He teleport his two paladins on the rear of my ravager and charge it.

How did he do this? Gate of infinity? Levitate? And charge right after?

Thanks for shareing anyways. Hope your luck is better in getting "better" opponents next games.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Mon Aug 24 2015, 13:22

it was that unit that can "shunt" may be? I dont know how to traslate it. The unit could move once per game 30".
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Mon Aug 24 2015, 13:31

Paladins don't get Shunt nor can any unit charge after the shunt move.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Mon Aug 24 2015, 13:42

He trickered me. He said to me that it could teleport as a normal movement, only once per game up to 30". As he done for DK. Very sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Tue Aug 25 2015, 14:57

Did you talk to him? Do it in front of everyone. That should be counted as a win for you.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Wed Aug 26 2015, 13:54

Done it, rolled for the "it would have mattered on results?", and won the dice throw.
The first round ended with DE as winner! Next, those chapter of marines with FNP 6+....i dont remenber the name.

Some advices?
Back to top Go down
iknowinewb
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Wed Aug 26 2015, 16:18

@RCZ wrote:
Done it, rolled for the "it would have mattered on results?", and won the dice throw.
The first round ended with DE as winner! Next, those chapter of marines with FNP 6+....i dont remenber the name.

Some advices?

Iron Hands, notorious for the ability to have Chapter Master Smashf****** due to his ability to stack a bike with more equipment that gives him an invul and a 4+fnp or better (I rmb it was something about taking the shield eternal + a thunder hammer, not sure if you can do it in the current SM codex).

You wouldnt be too off if you treated his units like they were plague marines, although they arent as tanky.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    Wed Aug 26 2015, 18:36

First off: CONGRATULATIONS FOR BEATING THOSE ANNOYING GAME MASTER!

I hope he learned his lesson...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE vs GK 1000 pts    

Back to top Go down

DE vs GK 1000 pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-