HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Alternate Mysterious Objective Table from WD 68

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Alternate Mysterious Objective Table from WD 68   Wed Jul 29 2015, 15:33

If you're like me, you may be apathetic to actually doing the Mysterious Objectives when playing the book missions. They are ok but I'm perfectly fine not doing them as they rarely make a difference in the game and everyone hates Sabotage on principle.

Last night, a friend and I played the new Alter of War mission from WD 68.

Here's the mission (paraphrasing)

- 6 Objectives, placed in the standard alternating way per the BRB
- Player that Deploys first is the "Explorer"
- Explorer units within 3" of the objective are stubborn
- New Mysterious Objective Table
1. Explorer's units within 3" are Fearless
2. Units within 3" can choose to turn Night Fighting on or off
3. Units within 3" can choose to fire a Lascannon with Skyfire & Interceptor
4. Any unit that moves within 3" of the objective can immediately be placed anywhere on the table via Deep Strike rules
5. Units within 3" can choose to gain +1S to shooting attacks but gains Gets Hot
6. Creates a 6" bubble of -2S for all inbound shooting attacks. Shots originating within the bubble suffer no penalty.

We shifted this around abit and removed the "explorer" aspect of the mission since it was my DE (Explorer) vs his Dark Angels (already stubborn or fearless). Overall, it was a very fun mission because this Mysterious Objective Table actually makes a difference in the game.

Figured I'd post such here in the event people are interested and want to try it out in their own games.
Back to top Go down
the goose09
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Mysterious Objective Table from WD 68   Wed Aug 05 2015, 03:17

The current mysterious objectives table happened to give a land raider skyfire nexus upon discovery... No need to say how that went :/
That is a pretty cool table though definitely would make for some cool stuff especially deep strike
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Mysterious Objective Table from WD 68   Wed Aug 05 2015, 03:19

The game we played was fun. Next time I get a chance I'll do a video battle report on the game and see what type of mayhem ensues.
Back to top Go down

Alternate Mysterious Objective Table from WD 68
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: