HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 13 2015, 08:03

http://traffic.libsyn.com/splintermind/Splintermind_Bay_Area_Open_2015_Coverage.mp3

Our first Splinter Raid episode is up for download! Join host Brian as he interviews forum members, players, tournament organizers and staff at the 2015 Bay Area Open.

A big thanks to all of the listeners that donated to make the episode possible and Frontline Gaming!

Here is a link to Andrew's army (Woozl) in his newly posted project log here at the Dark City:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12595-coven-of-spliced-beauty

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:29

Enjoyed it!

It sounded like... was that beer, constantly being opened in the background?

I think I would have felt left out, being there and not playing.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:38

@Calyptra wrote:
Enjoyed it!

It sounded like... was that beer, constantly being opened in the background?

I think I would have felt left out, being there and not playing.

Your hearing is fine Razz That was beer constantly being opened in the background. Being "well-oiled" kept me from feeling left out, though I did have to edit out a few F-bombs. Those of you that know me in person know that I have to fight it when it comes to keeping the show PG13, Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas made me lose that fight a number of times lol!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
kabal_jagged_eye
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 13 2015, 19:27

Brilliant coverage of BAO. Was really interesting getting the various perspectives of the tournament from differing players; the competetive, the not-so and also those outside of the players themselves. I look forward to hearing more live coverages of the tournament scene.

Glad to hear that the Dark Eldar were being represented well at the BAO.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Tue Jul 14 2015, 15:51

Oh man, I look forward to listening to this myself.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Wed Jul 15 2015, 12:17

Thor I want you there representing at the top tables next year!

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Wed Jul 15 2015, 18:45

Great podcast ESE. I enjoyed all your guests, and you are a natural host. Keep em coming Smile

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Fri Jul 24 2015, 18:53

Hey Brian. I know this is lame but I just got the chance to listen to the 2nd half of the podcast today. I've been too busy basking in the cataclysmic ruin of another failed Red Sox season via sports radio. Anyway I gotta say I really enjoyed your coverage. You got awesome guests and the last interview was a real stand-out (though I loved hearing about the Harlie/Corpsethief combo too). I support Woozie's perspective 100%. I know you're going to be a very busy man for the foreseeable future but I really hope that after things settle down you can occasionally get out to some west-coast events and get some live interviews with more Dark Eldar players. It was great just driving around listening to some live opinion from other pointy-eared fanatics. Anyways kudos on a great episode looking forward to your triumphant return.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Fri Jul 24 2015, 19:05

@spellcheck2001 wrote:
Great podcast ESE. I enjoyed all your guests, and you are a natural host. Keep em coming Smile

I credit the beer Razz

@Cavalier wrote:
I gotta say I really enjoyed your coverage. You got awesome guests and the last interview was a real stand-out (though I loved hearing about the Harlie/Corpsethief combo too). I support Woozie's perspective 100%. I know you're going to be a very busy man for the foreseeable future but I really hope that after things settle down you can occasionally  get out to some west-coast events and get some live interviews with more Dark Eldar players. It was great just driving around listening to some live opinion from other pointy-eared fanatics. Anyways kudos on a great episode looking forward to your triumphant return.

Thanks buddy! Woozl will definitely make it into a future episode at some point. He's a member of G3 San Jose, I'm a member of G3 Santa Cruz so we're bound to play in an event at some point. Super cool army and an even better guy to boot.

I'll definitely get some more of these types of episodes in once RL settles down. I have plans to do some other types of out of the box episodes covering other topics that normally wouldn't make a Splintermind episode. It's really frustrating to get one of these in....right before having a baby! Evil or Very Mad

Oh and Cav- Don't burn the podcast down while I'm out Razz

Back to top Go down
zizza1400
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Fri Jul 24 2015, 21:24

Great episode, I really enjoyed hearing different perspectives on the event - makes me want to do another tournament!

'Never try to deceive,
And only say what you truly believe.'
- Alceste, The Misanthrope
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Sat Jul 25 2015, 15:17

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
He's a member of G3 San Jose, I'm a member of G3 Santa Cruz so we're bound to play in an event at some point.

What's G3?

@Cavalier wrote:
I've been too busy basking in the cataclysmic ruin of another failed Red Sox season via sports radio.

Wait, what?

I don't care at all about sportsball or the Red Sox apart from trying to stay vaguely aware of when and where the riots are, but I don't expect strong opinions about them outside of New England and New York.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Sat Jul 25 2015, 15:24

@Calyptra wrote:
@Evil Space Elves wrote:
He's a member of G3 San Jose, I'm a member of G3 Santa Cruz so we're bound to play in an event at some point.

What's G3?

The big local gaming group here in Santa Cruz(Gathamos Gaming Group). They take painting and sportsmanship pretty damned seriously and throw big gaming days with awesome terrain. There is a San Jose "chapter" of sorts. Really great group of guys and the events are always a ton of fun.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Sat Jul 25 2015, 17:06

@Calyptra wrote:

@Cavalier wrote:
I've been too busy basking in the cataclysmic ruin of another failed Red Sox season via sports radio.

Wait, what?

I don't care at all about sportsball or the Red Sox apart from trying to stay vaguely aware of when and where the riots are, but I don't expect strong opinions about them outside of New England and New York.

Along with the Cubs, Cards, Yankees, and a few others, the Red Sox are one of those teams with a pretty broad fan base. I know more than a few Sox fans, and I live in Southern Illinois. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Sat Jul 25 2015, 18:24

Heheh. I'm from Rhode Island originally so I live and die with the Sox. I don't get seasonal depression... I get off-seasonal depression and unfortunately its started in July instead of December Sad Sad Sad

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Sat Jul 25 2015, 19:03

I'm a Cubs fan, amigo. It could always be worse! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 27 2015, 06:23

By the way, the DE primary player (second or third interview...Darrell, I think it was?) is flipping hilarious. I know they got this next absence covered, but if Splintermind ever needs a guest host in the future, you guys should keep him on your short list! He had me laughing so hard I had to pull over my car at one point.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 27 2015, 06:45

@Jimsolo wrote:
By the way, the DE primary player (second or third interview...Darrell, I think it was?) is flipping hilarious.  I know they got this next absence covered, but if Splintermind ever needs a guest host in the future, you guys should keep him on your short list!  He had me laughing so hard I had to pull over my car at one point.

Right? Darrel was awesome, hell of a good guy to have a beer with. Didn't get his contact info though! If he's a TDC member I hope he hits us up.

Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 27 2015, 07:07

Yeah def my favourite interview too, but the thing that I rally appreciated him say was that he was going to check up on the other DE players! I always tend to float around the other DE guys at events as well.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Mon Jul 27 2015, 18:20

He totally did check up on the other DE players, including me. It was great. In between each game he made a point to come by and ask how it went and commiserate / congratulate depending upon the result. I tried to the same with the other DE players. The natural banding-together-in-the-face-of-adversity was awesome.

I ended up going to lunch with one of the other DE players that I just happened to meet. Everyone was super inclusive.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Tue Jul 28 2015, 21:24

More My Bloody Valentine in future podcasts pls

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Tue Jul 28 2015, 21:35

@Demantiae wrote:
More My Bloody Valentine in future podcasts pls

If I could do an all MBV podcast I would!

Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage   Thu Jul 30 2015, 10:45

Podcast idea: The Music of Dark Eldar. Inspirational listening for the black souls of the dark kin. There ya go Cool
Back to top Go down

Splinter Raid Episode 1: 2015 Bay Area Open Coverage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: