HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 06:30

The lack of grenades in Incubi is nothing short of crippling.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 08:48

I probably should have mentioned somewhere that the Andrew who donated was me. (I meant to, but I was overwhelmed with work, thankfully over now, and since I don't need any quotes read or Thor to crush my dreams, it fell through the cracks in my head.)

I know it was already mentioned that Death Jesters have Precision Shots. Precision Shots is great, but I kind of feel like it's seriously limited by Look Out Sir. Am I missing something there?

I'm pretty curious now about what Marine chapters other Dark Eldar players have. Back in early 3rd ed I realized that I had a small Marines army sitting in my bits box comprised of random models I'd acquired in random ways over the years, so I decided to flesh them out a bit and paint them up. I was originally going to do Blood Angels, because I've always had a soft spot for them, but a friend of mine pointed out that everybody using the same handful of Chapters was boring as hell, and I think he's right. So my Marines are Howling Griffons.

Raven Guard weren't really a thing back then, at least that I was aware of. I like my Griffons, but I occasionally wish I had Raven Guard. (And it will never happen, because I definitely don't need two Marine armies.)

Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 09:16

Precision shots suck for killing characters, they rock for killing special weapons.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 09:17

I agree that Wracks, Wyches, Archons, Hellions, and (sadly) Beasts are now terrible at assault...and pretty much everything else. I actually have Wracks (non-Scalpel Squadron version), Wyches, and Hellions in a three-way tie for worst, most pointless, units in the codex and clear proof that the people who wrote the DE codex: a) actively hate Dark Eldar and want them to fail (spectacularly) on the table, and/or b) have never actually played a game of 40K and were promised a free sandwich to write the rules in the DE codex.

As for Incubi, I guess we've just had different experiences with them.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 09:42

I think Incubi are undone not by lack of offensive power, but instead by having too many weaknesses.

Hellions and wyches are indeed scrapping it out for bottom of the pile. (Wracks are marginally better than those two, but vastly worse than once they were.)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 09:44

Update:

Got home from camping a day early, fixed the episode before I talked to my pregnant wife Razz I had accidentally uploaded a draft rather than the final product. This is why we can't have nice things! Evil or Very Mad

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 10:16

@Jimsolo
for my money the fact that a 5-man wrack squad can field 2 Ossefactors (one squaddie, one squad leader) really boosts them above either Wyches or Hellions. Fleshbane, AP2 and explodinating the target can be pretty nice, and is one of our best counters to GMCs.

Not cheap, but it's a really good gun.

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 10:44

The Acothyst can't take an Ossefactor.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 10:56

Damn. I thought it was on the tools of torment list. My bad.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 11:32

@FuelDrop wrote:
Damn. I thought it was on the tools of torment list. My bad.

If you only could though, damn that would be awesome!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 12:25

They would be well worth taking.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 13:36

Stop taunting me with nice things I can't have.

FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sun Jul 05 2015, 13:37

@Calyptra wrote:
Stop taunting me with nice things I can't have.

Like bikes for characters?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Mon Jul 06 2015, 22:43

Or grenades for assault units?

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Mon Jul 06 2015, 22:48

Don't be ridiculous. next you'll say you want assault units who're good in assault. then you'll want some way for them to survive overwatch. It's a slippery slope you've set yourself upon.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Tue Jul 07 2015, 01:00

Great listening as always, even if I almost forgot. I really need to check up here more often!

May I suggest that you start a little collection of coins. Whenever somebody (not looking at anyone in particular) says mandrakes in the podcast, you will place money in a jar, and once the jar is full... well, your choice what happens next. But I think it is a fine way to make a foundation for any project that will cost a lot.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Tue Jul 07 2015, 02:13

Slippery would be asking for a sniper unit that isn't an 18" range. Not that I'm saying no other army has that issue with its sniper units (which all also have superior shooting and/or defensive capabilities across the board) but it's an idea.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Tue Jul 07 2015, 02:19

@Thor665 wrote:
Slippery would be asking for a sniper unit that isn't an 18" range. Not that I'm saying no other army has that issue with its sniper units (which all also have superior shooting and/or defensive capabilities across the board) but it's an idea.

*adds a quarter to the jar

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Tue Jul 07 2015, 05:11

Could we have a sniper unit period?
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Tue Jul 07 2015, 09:29

I'd just take precision shots on something. Sniper weapons in and of themselves aren't really much good for us, we just need some way to take down the guys with flamers.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Wed Jul 08 2015, 09:06

Finally got around to hearing this one - great discussion guys, thanks!

And good luck to ESE!!!

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Wed Jul 08 2015, 14:44

@1++ wrote:
Finally got around to hearing this one - great discussion guys, thanks!

And good luck to ESE!!!

Thank you so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Sat Aug 22 2015, 04:54

Just make dark lances heavy2, thats all I can ask.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks   Tue Aug 25 2015, 22:27

Or 5 points cheaper.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 13: And They Shall Know No Points Costs...for free Razorbacks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: