HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 16:23

Just saw the Adeptus Mechanicus Tech-Priest Dominus.

It costs as much as a Haemonculus with WWP, and has -1WS, +1S, -1A, -2I and a 2+/5++ save (along with FNP).

It starts with a Power Axe, a 12" 5-shot S4 AP5 Pistol, a 24" S6 AP6 Assault 3 gun (and can fire both). Alternatively, instead of shooting, it can do one of the following on a 2+:
- restore a lost wound to itself or a model in his unit
- restore a lost hull point to an adjacent vehicle or a vehicle he's embarked in
- repair immobilised or weapon destroyed to an adjacent vehicle or a vehicle he's embarked in

Also, for 5pts, he can upgrade his 5++ to a 4++ that can cause Blind to nearby enemies when passed on a 6.

Anyone wish our Haemonculi were along those lines?
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 20:13

I often wonder if my barebones Haemonculus can beat a barebones Space Marine.

But yea, even without comparisons the Tech-Priest looks real good.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 21:19

@The Shredder wrote:

You missed that he comes with a dataspike (part of the mechadendrite harness) that's AP5 haywire and grants an additional attack at I10. So if need be he can put out 5 haywire attacks on the charge. Also he only has to sacrifice firing one weapon to use his repair ability.

01001000 01000001 01001001 01001100 00100000 01001101 01000001 01010010 01010011 00100001

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 21:25

Other than making Coven/Grotesquerie Grots Fearless on Turn One, I can't think of a single useful thing the standard Haemonculus does with his basic rules/war gear.

Also, in a fight between a bare bones Space Marine and a bare bones Haemie, my money is on the Space Marine.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 21:46

I prefer the way they are. Fancy wargear options from the ad mech, but I like webway portals much better.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 22:14

@Mushkilla wrote:
@The Shredder wrote:

You missed that he comes with a dataspike (part of the mechadendrite harness) that's AP5 haywire and grants an additional attack at I10. So if need be he can put out 5 haywire attacks on the charge. Also he only has to sacrifice firing one weapon to use his repair ability.

01001000 01000001 01001001 01001100 00100000 01001101 01000001 01010010 01010011 00100001

Ah, I don't have the book myself so I was having to remember all the rules. I wondered if I'd missed a rule or two.

@Jimsolo wrote:
I prefer the way they are.  Fancy wargear options from the ad mech, but I like webway portals much better.

Much as I like WWPs, I despise that WWP-caddy is all Haemonculi are good for. It's just such a waste of a character and makes them really dull, really overpriced HQs. Sorry if I get a bit fed up of my Master Regenerator/Architect of Flesh being a 105pt drop-pod with legs. Rolling Eyes

Besides, even if they ended up like this, there's no reason they couldn't still take WWPs.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Sun May 31 2015, 22:20

I find that our hq section is utterly lacklustre and the haemy is among the worst of them. Such a shame!

@The Shredder wrote:

Much as I like WWPs, I despise that WWP-caddy is all Haemonculi are good for. It's just such a waste of a character and makes them really dull, really overpriced HQs. Sorry if I get a bit fed up of my Master Regenerator/Architect of Flesh being a 105pt drop-pod with legs. Rolling Eyes  

Besides, even if they ended up like this, there's no reason they couldn't still take WWPs.

This sums up my feelings exactly. Still love playing DE though for some bizarre reason Very Happy

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 01:31

I think comparing units point for point across codexes is a poor analysis, unless they are BB. It ignores a number of factors.

Besides, if our haemmies DID work like that, they'd just buff the ad mech HQs up even more.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 09:49

@Jimsolo wrote:
I think comparing units point for point across codexes is a poor analysis, unless they are BB.  It ignores a number of factors.

I disagree - since armies are supposed to fight against one another you should be able to draw comparisons like this.

But, go on, which factors am I ignoring?

@Jimsolo wrote:

Besides, if our haemmies DID work like that, they'd just buff the ad mech HQs up even more.

I could live with that if it means Haemonculi stop being dead weight. Neutral
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 11:48

@Jimsolo wrote:
I think comparing units point for point across codexes is a poor analysis, unless they are BB.  It ignores a number of factors.

I disagree, GW just doesnt know how to balance Power/points at all. This is a known issue and will never change.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 12:43

Comparing a single unit to a single unit across codexes ignores all the other units/rules/interactions of those units within those codexes. It's virtually NEVER a fair comparison, and can often leave you with the mistaken impression that a given unit is poor/undesirable, even when it's actually quite good.

Back to the main topic: Eh, it's whatever. I mean, long as we're wishlisting, I'd rather leave haemmies as is and just get the Duke back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 13:00

@Jimsolo wrote:
Comparing a single unit to a single unit across codexes ignores all the other units/rules/interactions of those units within those codexes.  It's virtually NEVER a fair comparison, and can often leave you with the mistaken impression that a given unit is poor/undesirable, even when it's actually quite good.

Back to the main topic: Eh, it's whatever.  I mean,  long as we're wishlisting, I'd rather leave haemmies as is and just get the Duke back. Very Happy

But thats the thing, even with army special rules you can COMPARE its effectiveness with each other.

Many Models cost alot and are completely useless compare to others... 1 I like to point out is Swarlord vs Tyrant, a Tyrant kitted out at 285 pts (the same as Swarmlord) is about 10x as effective as the Swarmlord. I used these 2 models b.c they are within the same codex.

A Haemi is over cost for what it can do. Its something we will have to live with for the next few years.

On topic is that yes I wish haemi either was better or cheaper, I miss the 50pt days Sad Really I just miss the old codex tbh.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 13:11

@Jimsolo wrote:
Comparing a single unit to a single unit across codexes ignores all the other units/rules/interactions of those units within those codexes.  It's virtually NEVER a fair comparison, and can often leave you with the mistaken impression that a given unit is poor/undesirable, even when it's actually quite good.

Sorry, but this just comes across as an excuse for poor balance. The Haemonculus simply doesn't have any rules or interactions that make up for his abysmal statline, terrible support abilities, appalling wargear and ludicrous base price.

Likewise, I'm not seeing the downside of the Techpriest. As far as I can see, he only gets better when you look at him in the context of his codex and/or BBs.

If you have any specific rules/interactions in mind, then I'll gladly consider them. But, I'm certainly not going to change my mind over some possible interactions which are apparently important enough to drastically change a model's value, yet somehow also so unimportant as to not be worth mentioning. Neutral

@Jimsolo wrote:

Back to the main topic: Eh, it's whatever.  I mean,  long as we're wishlisting, I'd rather leave haemmies as is and just get the Duke back. Very Happy

I'd like useful haemonculi *and* the Duke back. Very Happy

Weirdly enough, I'd also kinda like to have The Decapitator back as well. Mainly because I still like the idea, and would like to see it return - albeit with a less botched execution. Razz

Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   Mon Jun 01 2015, 14:29

As a DE player, it can be frustrating when you start comparing units in our codex to others. I do my best to not think about it. I still have fun playing DE and enjoy the challenge. I don't want to get off topic, but the one unit I still think about (even though I try not to) is my close combat Archon from 3rd Edition. Granted, this is comparing the new DE codex to an old DE codex, but still. That dude would suck down 3,4 pills a turn to get all jacked up before a fight! Plus one attack, 12 inch charge, re-roll to hit, and sometimes plus one WS with an agoniser that was essentially ap2. Sure he would OD sometimes and not make it to battle, but it sure was fun. Miss that guy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone wish our Haemonculi were like this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: