HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Need help with a CTC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Need help with a CTC.   Fri May 29 2015, 02:24

So, a while ago I started working on a project to convert several old Wraithlords into Talos Pain Engines (magnetized options to make them Cronos Engines as well).  The first two are just going to be all scuffed up and Dark Eldar-y, but for the other four, I had a bright idea to make them look like a gash of cenobites from Hellraiser.

So, Pinhead is an obvious pick.  I've already done the head, and it looks phenomenal.

Here's the question though: who to do for the remaining three?  Most of them would require a boatload of work.  The main problem is that my GS skills blow goats, so I'd prefer not to have to do a bunch of sculpting or a bunch of freehand work.  (This is the reason I discarded Angelique and Chatterer from the running.  I also disqualified Female Cenobite and Butterball because their most distinctive visual characteristics won't work with the Wraithlord frame.)

My remaining choices have come down to: Halo (I'd probably do the 'halo' out of actual fishhooks), Fan Dancer (her coloration, tattoos, and weapons would make her stand out more than some of the others), Balberith (She's the least cenobitey of them but I could, with some practice, get some lace and make her a gown of sorts, the glasses would be easy to fabricate, and I might be able to find a small book to bind to her back), and Little Sister (I could do the wire strands out of guitar wire, so she'd be fairly easy as well).

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
LanceDarkstrong
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a CTC.   Fri May 29 2015, 02:51

I have no clue what you said. But dude... when you are done.... with... whatever you are doing. I REALLY wanna see some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a CTC.   Fri May 29 2015, 17:31

This is kind of an aside, but it may help you in realizing a goal you have in mind.

One thing I've found works wonders for converting grotesques is taking the antenna bits from the talos kit, and inverting it so that the bulb is sticking out, making it look like a Frankenstein-esque lightning rod. It is easy to do, because you just drill a hole where you want the antenna tip to go, and presto, it fits right in no GS required.

Credit where credit is due, I saw Dave Taylor do it for some of his mechanicus conversions.

That said, those antenna are probably larger than you want for "pins" a la Hellraiser.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a CTC.   Fri May 29 2015, 23:21

I'm beginning to suspect that there is little to no overlap between the 40k and extended Hellraiser universe crowds...
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a CTC.   Fri May 29 2015, 23:55

Sounds interesting, I've seen most of the Hellraiser movies but wouldn't call my self a fan of the series. I have also read several of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulu stories/books (which I believe inspired the creation of Hellraiser) and found them entertaining enough for a once through but I'm just not much a fan of those series overall. Regardless of my thoughts on Hellraiser I'm very much interested in seeing how the conversions turn out when you're finished.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a CTC.   Sat May 30 2015, 01:30

First two movies are great; I prefer to pretend that the third never happened. I enjoyed Bloodlines.

I definitely like the novella it's all based off of. And I have a model of the puzzle box on my shelf.

I haven't read the comics or whatever other extended Hellraiser stuff might be out there.

Honestly, I just don't have any ideas for Cenobyte-themed Wraith constructs off the top of my head, except that bisecting a Wraithlord's head horizontally and sculpting teeth in there would be awesome. (I may do something like that on something sometime...)

Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a CTC.   Sat May 30 2015, 05:40

Here's what the Pinhead one looks like so far.

I had some hypodermic needles left over from when my cat died a few years back, so I thought I would put them to good use as ichor injectors.
Back to top Go down

Need help with a CTC.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: