HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Do they have trains in Commorragh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Wed Sep 14 2011, 09:26

Stumbled across this today by artist Rodney Matthews, sorely tempted to try building a terrain piece around something similar to it.

Commorragh heavy-duty ground transportation, waste hauler? Vect's personal ride?

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/main.htm

Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Wed Sep 14 2011, 11:13

It's a city the size of a planet, populated by people who are both very creative and very insane, with the ability to do whatever the hell they want. You can bet there's atleast one giant train powered by the souls of the damned. Altough I feel it's probably actually a monorail.

Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Wed Sep 14 2011, 15:03

Monorails are not grimdark enough, nor do they have enough skulls!
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.finalcontingency.com
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Wed Sep 14 2011, 19:32

With dark eldar tech it would not need rails at all, just be a long snakelike fast skimmer with jet engines at the front pulling the rest. If it was built by a coven it may have legs instead of wheels, like a giant cyborg centipede. Then again, some Archon might like steam power, and cooking slaves in the boiler like a brazen bull, and have old fashioned metal rails and wheels.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Thu Sep 15 2011, 16:13

My question was going to be "why???" But then I remembered we are Dark Eldar, and do whatever we want. So yah, some Archon/Succubus/Hamie Ancient probably likes the sounds of metal on metal, so he made a train to ferry his things around. Also would provide the less powerful Dark Eldar a way to travel around to other districts...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Thu Sep 15 2011, 18:15

More like slaves?

one of H. R. Giger creations

Bone Train from Abe's Exoddus

"Most vile thing you can read. Ever." - Our Forum Rules
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Thu Sep 15 2011, 18:46

Oddly, all I can now picture is the AC/DC train.

On just a pure common sense level - the DE most assuredly have some sort of mass/public transport system, just like any large metropolis is invariably obligated to have. You gotta be able to move the teeming masses around, and not everyone can be cruising around on pirate pleasure barges or Skyboards.

Mentally I rather like the idea of strange/gothic trains/elevators moreso than hover busses - it seems to fit more with me as to what DE would actually use in a place like Commoragh. Unfortunately, I would tend to expect the trains to utilize hover tech though - I don't think any sort of eldar vehicle has been shown that doesn't. Though tracks do fit better with the gothic aesthetic of the universe (minus Tau).

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Thu Sep 15 2011, 20:57

So it'd be more like a ferry boat than a train?

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Fri Sep 16 2011, 03:19

I think if I were to attempt it, I would definitely go for some sort of anti-grav mode. It's the only way Eldar ride.

Apart from the tracks and wheels, I just think it's such a good fit aesthetically for DE, it's worth trying for that alone. Spikes and blades, get rid of the smokestacks and nudge it a bit closer to the Raider/Ravager, and voila!

It's downright vicious, it would travel wherever it wanted to in The Dark City and shred everything and everyone in its path.
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Fri Sep 16 2011, 12:33

If you look at the picture of the Dark City in the rule book you see bridges between the towers.

Looking at that pic, I imagine the dark city with no real up and down, but there is no reason to have monorailed-trains in there.

But for what use? Looking at the amount of material the DE have to move (not only slaves, but resources for building weapons ie) it would make sense to have either huge lifter and haulers or to have something like trains. But i would say, they are only in the lower regions, where they are needed for the fabrication system.

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Sat Sep 17 2011, 05:57

Raneth wrote:
So it'd be more like a ferry boat than a train?

Don't you mean an "evil ferry boat"? lol! Sorry, couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Do they have trains in Commorragh?   Sat Oct 22 2011, 21:54

While it would be unlikely that there would be a public transport system like a train (rendured mute by the fast raiders and the portals that let them travel insane distances in barely a few seconds), of course it's always possible an...influential archon with command over an entire sub-realm may want something like this for a variety of reasons. May be he simply wishes to show off the extent of his power, maybe he wants a safer way of transporting slaves across his part of commoragh, or maybe he likes the idea of a very mobile torture lab that all his subjects within his domain can benefit from (a homunculus lab on a train...I actually like that idea)

Edit: Oh and I say it's unlikely as a train on a fixed route would be very easy and open to attack. now a skimmer train, that could work quite well *evil grin*
Back to top Go down

Do they have trains in Commorragh?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: