Share | 

Decisions, decisions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: Decisions, decisions   Thu May 14 2015, 18:30

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to decide what to get next for my Dark Eldar. My army doesnt have a strong win condition as of now and I would like to change that. I was thinking of either doing Freakshow strategy, haemonculus covens, or getting eldar allies. Any advice is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Thu May 14 2015, 19:07

What do you have and what is your style?
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Thu May 14 2015, 20:42

Is your goal to just win?
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Thu May 14 2015, 22:21

And what sort of armies are you playing against commonly?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Thu May 14 2015, 22:24

Buy some crypt horrors and built grotesques. I successfully used a four grotesques unit with two Liquifier and an Archon with portal and blaster and Armour of Misery and a Haemonculus with archangel of Pain. I built the grotesques using talos parts.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Fri May 15 2015, 16:34

Right now I have
1 Archon
20 kabalites
10 wyches
5 scourges
2 raiders
2 venoms
6 reavers
1 talos
Play style wise I like pretty much everything. My main objective is to be competitive. I don't want to get curb stomped every game I play, but I don't mind losing. My local gaming has an even spread of all armies, but their is a few more marine players.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Fri May 15 2015, 16:43

You need Ravagers for sure. More Venoms too.
Then I would strongly suggest some Eldar Allies. You can eitehr go for a seercouncil or get an Autarch with some jetbikes. Firedragons are a pretty good AT in raider with a WWP caddy.
Back to top Go down
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Fri May 15 2015, 16:50

Ravagers seem fairly bad in comparison to eldar tank busters. I would rather take eldar war walker with bright lances. I was thinking of going fire dragons in venoms or dark reapers in a venom. I like the idea of a seer council because the physic phase is a lot of fun for me.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Fri May 15 2015, 20:17

Do you want your main force to be dark eldar? Or do you want to be eldar with dark eldar allies? Wraithguard in a raider.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Fri May 15 2015, 22:22

I second drepstriking dragons, but with a wwp. Its such a great combo. And ravagers are not bad. They are not great, and more expensive than they used to be, but they are still good. I run a lanvr hravy army, and they are one of the best ways to get first turn antitank. 2 ravagers with all lances and then one with dissies has always been a great addition to my army, especially against marines.
Back to top Go down
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Mon May 18 2015, 17:12

I would rather have Dark eldar as my main force.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Tue May 19 2015, 19:24

Up the wyches and put them in raiders. Get some howling banshees and put them in a wave serpent. On turn one switch their tanks and go create havoc. Or just get an extra raider for the banshees and run them together.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 17:23

@Black Death wrote:
Up the wyches and put them in raiders. Get some howling banshees and put them in a wave serpent. On turn one switch their tanks and go create havoc. Or just get an extra raider for the banshees and run them together.

I was considering not taking wyches and just filling a raider or two with banshees. I think that would work well.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 18:42

Or even better put warriors in wave serpents and use the serpents for cover on the raiders and when in position disembark the raiders with the banshees and disembark warriors for cover fire, those poison shots can be great.

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 20:17

Nooooo! Go pure dark eldar. Forget all this ally nonsense Smile

I would suggest a unit of grotesques in a raider (great tip from Cpt Meral on how to convert them)

Also the Corpsethief claw formation is pretty good and will scare the crap out if your opponent. 5 talos are needed for that

Load up on scourges with haywire blasters (5 man with 4 H blasters) or go with 2 squads if you dont want too many ravagers

Lots of venoms Smile

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured

Last edited by spellcheck2001 on Wed May 20 2015, 20:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 20:45

Don't forget Spellcheck, I myself only play pure armies. Just giving a little advice to those who don't.

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 21:22

Hey Black Death. I was not taking a dig at you or anyone by my comment. Just prefer pure armies myself too and wanted to present a different set of options within the confines of our own codex. I think we can still be (fairly) viable as an army without the need to ally in our fair kin.

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
Deamon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 22:54

I personally takes Eldar allies for 1 reasons :
I play Null Deployment and needs reserve manipulations ie an Autarch. If I had a way to pick my warlord trait, I would play pure DE. However, in the age of Super Heavy and GMC, I find my list perform better if I had Firedragons or Wraithguards to deal with them.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Wed May 20 2015, 22:57

HAHA didn't think that at all buddy. I'm with you on that. Even tho I play all 3 elder armies, I have a hard time with the idea that CE and DE would ever be battle brothers and harlis would just kinda show up.

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Thu May 21 2015, 19:43

Smile ok cool beans. I am too old school I think. I never caught onto the whole allies thing, preferring to go for 'pure' un-allied armies that have more of a theme (although I have seen some great fluffy and thematic armies created using allies).

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions   Fri May 22 2015, 13:25

Thanks for all the replies!

I really like the idea of allying in eldar. From a modeling and painting aspect I think it would be alot of fun to convert an eldar army into a fallen eldar. I was thinking about using an aspect host formation. two units of dark reapers and one unit of fire dragons. The dark reapers hang out in venoms for survivability, while the fire dragons deep strike with a webway portal archon. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Decisions, decisions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: