HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrbenis
Hellion

PostSubject: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Sun May 10 2015, 06:14

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/20150509_120117_zps0k0mlrcv.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/20150509_120125_zps2erfv4ke.jpg

It's been a good number of months since the last time I played a big game like this. I'm very *very* rusty on the game and will probably forget or accidentally omit important details but I hope I've done the best I can.

My list:
DE list:

His list (off the top of my head):
GK List:

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/DEvsGKturn1_zpstmqn5cew.jpg

The mission was objective based with 6 objective markers worth random values. Deployment was long edge and night fighting was in effect turn 1. GK got first turn and I elected not to seize (this will become important later). His powers were hammer hand, (something that gives them ID ap2 weapons) and psychic scream. I rolled for phantasmy and got shards of light and laugh of sorrows.

GK turn 1: Both knights rush up the board to the centre, interceptors push up, librarian rushes for the fortification and the battlewagon things push up and form a defensive triangle around the top objective scoring 2 points. GK shooting kills a squad of reavers and puts kills my solitaire. A unit of terminators teleport in to my deployment zone. A dreadknight immobilises one of my raiders.

DE turn 1: all my psyker powers whiff, shooting stuns 1 battlewagon, kills 1 dreadknight and puts some hurt down on the deepstriking terminators. Assault phase sees the second dreadknight get killed with some clustercaltrop action, the terminators get rended to death also thanks to cluster caltrops and bladevanes. Consolidation was rolls of 1 in both cases.

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/DEvsGKturn2_zpsfdvvtxzo.jpg

GK turn 2: Interceptor squad continues to move up, librarian and his terminator retinue climb in to the fortification and the dudesman squad moves up to position for a charge on my reavers in the fort. Shooting sees 1 wound go on the deathjester, 1 wound on the shadowseer and a hull point shaved off my left-most ravager from an assault-cannon and battlecannon combo. Assaults by the dudesmen and the interceptors mop up both of my reaver squads and they consolidate.

DE turn 2: my razorwing enters the field, I shuffle around some vehicles and continue to bait his units in to the firing lanes. My psyker whiffs ALL POWERS AGAIN. Shooting sees both razorwing missiles scatter off the board and 1 interceptor die to darklances. Shots downfield from ravagers stun some battlewagons and splinter fire kills a couple of terminators.

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/DEvsGKturn3_zpsiqq3lgng.jpg

GK turn 3: Flyer enters the board. He pushes one of his battlewagons up field 12", his interceptors move around a bit and most of his infantry is disembarked at this time. Shooting sees a hullpoint on a raider leaving it stunned and jinking. Left most ravager bites the dust and the razorwing sucks up some bolter fire leaving it damaged by 1 hullpoint.

DE turn 3: I move my left ravager around to give it obscurity from the flyer. My raiders start pushing to the east to capture that board edges pieces. My razorwing pulls a hard left turn and swings towards the IG flyer. Shooting sees the IG flyer eat a hullpoint from the razorwing, both battlewagons bite the dust and some GK troops eat splinter fire. The IG commander unit which had been giving out orders eats a blaster shot and evapourates. At this point in the game none of my harlequin detachment had managed to achieve anything.

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/DEvsGKturn4_zpstx8mt4eb.jpg

GK turn 4: the flyer moves up, his interceptors make a jump next to my RHS ravager. Shooting sees my immobilised raider get destroyed, a hullpoint gets clipped off another raider and my harlequin units eat some dirt. Assault sees his interceptors land on the RHS ravager blowing it up with krak grenades, killing 1 of their own in the process.

at this time I had to thank my opponent, "what do you mean?". Well friend now I can rapidfire your interceptors to death with 3 boatloads of splinter rifles. "oh..."

DE turn 4: My flyer leaves the board back in to reserves. Disembarked troops and the archon raider move to the east. LHS ravager moves around the ruin to face the interceptors. Troops from the middle raider and ground troops lay down some serious hate along with the LHS ravager and kill 5/9 of the interceptors, forcing them to go to ground. More shooting from the LHS raider kills all but 3 of the librarians squad.

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/DEvsGKturn5_zpsdhqowugj.jpg

GK turn 5: He moves his librarian squad down to capture the objective below them, his interceptors snap fire doing nothing and psyker powers kill off my shadowseer at last. His flyer enters hovermode, moves backwards to the LHS objective and takes some ineffectual pot shots against the raider. The GK player prays for the game to end.

DE turn 5: moving to capture objectives, my flyer reenters the board. Raiders push east and north, swinging their bodies around to face their objectives. Shooting sees a hurricane of firepower bear down on the librarians squad, wiping them out. The interceptors make all but 3 of their saves but do not remain grounded. The razorwing destroys the hovering IG flyer with 2 penetrating hits.

I roll for our next turn, 6, play on.

https://2img.net/h/i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/MrBenis/DEvsGKturn6_zpsniu0lzlt.jpg

GK turn 6: interceptors use a 30" jump to reach the top-right objective counter. The IG troops in the top left do nothing.

DE turn 6: Raiders and ravagers move around. Shooting from the archons raider kills the last interceptor. 2 IG troopers eat splinter fire and collapse in to spasming heaps.

The game rolls for turn 7 but with only 2 models on the board my opponent concedes.

Scores:

GK: 3 objective points, linebreaker, first blood.
DE: 11 objective points, slay the warlord.

Result: DE resounding victory! GK wiped out in turn 7 and commoragh gets rare and precious GreyKnights for its torture tables. Small flags and fireworks burst from the double thumbs-up of my archon.

Post game thoughts:
How can people really think that moving flat-out automatically forces a dangerous terrain check? Irregardless of my being a skimmer moving down a clear road my opponent interpreted the rules as meaning I *had* to take a dangerous terrain check (until the local rules lawyer set him straight).

I'm really glad I had the chance to play this guy under the circumstances that I did. I deliberately avoided telling him beforehand that I would be playing DE because I hate it when people list tailor. His list he said won most or all games he had played. I guess I could believe him because under different conditions it is a pretty strong list with plenty of psyker firepower to throw around and lots of mobility. His lack of use of vehicles probably contributed the most to his loss but also his super-aggressive first 2 turns followed by his bunkering down from turns 3-6. Instead of keeping the pressure up he choked and froze up thus allowing me to pour salvo after salvo in to him.

I never got to use any of my psyker powers or really anything from my harlequins at all but they deserve more games before I shelf them again. I think there's a lot to be said for -4Ld shenanigans and that might have allowed me to use more of my razorwings firepower more effectively if I could have forced his troops to bunch up more.

Over all I had some very very poor rolls and this game could have been over on turn 4 with a tabling if at least some of those 1's had been 4's instead. I didn't count but there was a point where the observers we had were laughing at how bad I was rolling. At least my dark soldiers came through when it counted and crushed the enemy eventually.

I guess I really didn't have a strategy going in to the game, I knew I wanted him to move out of all his LOS blocking cover and in to range of my splinterracks. To this effect he really did a great job launching both of his MCs and his terminator squad straight in to range of my guys. Melting 1/4 of his army turn 1 must have hurt quite a bit. My main objective was just to make him waste as much time moving his foot soldiers around and deny them any heavy weapons they carried, to make him waste target priority by sinking an assload of shots in to my 2+ coversaved harlequins while I dismantled his ability to hold objectives. In the end sacrificing the RHS ravager proved to be the best move as he took the bait hook, line and sinker and paid for it with losing 9/10 of his interceptors in exchange. The ravager had run out of things to shoot at due to his having no vehicles or MCs left.

As a tangential note: double DL nose dissie ravagers is definitely the way forward as it opens up their engagement profile a bit and permits using them more aggressively. Disintegrators themselves are great too with dissies alone killing or forcing GtGs on all his troop choices at one time or another. They also managed to clip hullpoints off of all of his vehicles throughout the game. Darklances continue to be a poor performer for me and I maintain only to take them on razorwings/ravagers in the future with any other application of DL in my list being a waste of points.

As having played only about 5 games of 6th and 2 games of 7th I can honestly say these last two editions have been amusing. The changes to unit scoring being the great equaliser with parking lots now being sub-optimal instead of the norm. I for one don't really miss leafblower lists.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Sun May 10 2015, 09:02

Week in the rule book it does states a flat out movement requires one
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Sun May 10 2015, 12:05

@JackKnife01 wrote:
Week in the rule book it does states a flat out movement requires one

If your move would normally trigger one, yes. If I was starting or ending my flat out move in a terrain piece, or if I was on wheels and moved through terrain. He interpreted it literally as saying "if you declare to move flat out you must take a dangerous terrain check" and never stopped to read the rest of the rule. It's either ignorance or dodgy rules lawyering.

Quoted directly from the rulebook, moving flat out is:

"A vehicle can elect to move Flat Out instead of firing in the shooting phase, immediately moving up to 6": this move triggers dangerous terrain tests as normal."

There's no room for interpretation here, if you aren't triggering a dangerous terrain check, you don't take one.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Mon May 11 2015, 11:37

Only the Shadowseer may take the mask of secrets.
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Mon May 11 2015, 16:12

@Sigmaril wrote:
Only the Shadowseer may take the mask of secrets.

Gonna need some citation on that one. Says in his unit entry that he may take one item from the special gear list. It doesn't explicitly state he can't take that one in either his own unit entry or in the masks item entry.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Mon May 11 2015, 19:36

If you look at the list on page 70, the Mask of Secrets has a footnote that says "Shadowseers only."

Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   Tue May 12 2015, 04:45

hmmm yes I see that now.

So I'm moving the mask of secrets on to the shadowseer and the cegorach's rose on to the solitaire (as that was also an illegal combo).

Seems I had forgotten about page 70 entirely. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG   

Back to top Go down

2000pt DE/harlequins vs GE/IG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: