HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Wed May 06 2015, 17:49

"Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins" is up for download! We are joined by our first repeat guest Alex (Cavalier) to discuss the new Craftworld Eldar codex and what it means for the Dark Eldar and the game. Can we convince the collective 40K community to not eat a bullet? Listen and find out!

Episode 11 Download link

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Thu May 07 2015, 03:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Wed May 06 2015, 19:15

That Serpent Shield-confession was hilarious. There is no need to be ashamed, you have a good heart for caring for those dire avengers so that they don't explode! Smile

It is nice to hear you talk about this. I am honestly not that afraid (or any more afraid than before, I guess?).
It is a shame that venoms aren't as good vs. the big wraith anymore, but if the cheesiest list will be WKs and Jetbikes, the venoms will have other targets. Jetbikes (full lasers) will be scary since they are so mobile (as fast as us, ofc), but every jetbike is so expensive, and if someone is running units of 3, every casualty is a leadership check for guardians. And if the units are big, either objective grabbing in maelstorm or jinking can hurt them a lot since they are wasting firepower.

Also great of you to talk about stuff that I have seen many others ignore. Rangers with shrouded feel so tempting for me. I haven't yet ever fielded a list with CWE but they will definitely be there if I do. But no, everyone is talking about short ranged S10 getting updated to D as if everyone was using them before... D-Scythes will be scary but I can't see them destroying more than 1 unit the entire game if you deploy right. If you have death stars, yeah you need to avoid them.

Can't wait to see aspect warrior-lists.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Wed May 06 2015, 20:59

@Mngwa wrote:
That Serpent Shield-confession was hilarious. There is no need to be ashamed, you have a good heart for caring for those dire avengers so that they don't explode! Smile
We are the caring sort Razz

@Mngwa wrote:
Can't wait to see aspect warrior-lists.

Me too.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Thu May 07 2015, 11:44

lol thanks Mngwa! When you're an Eldar player sometimes its hard to get the benefit of the doubt!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Fri May 08 2015, 06:00

@Thor665
1:28:45
Amen brother. Amen.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Fri May 08 2015, 10:03

Another good one. Kudos guys.
On the cash thing mentioned at the beginning, where are taking donations?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Fri May 08 2015, 15:02

@Squidmaster wrote:
Another good one. Kudos guys.
On the cash thing mentioned at the beginning, where are taking donations?

Thanks!

Our PayPal account is Splintermindpodcast@gmail.com

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon May 11 2015, 02:20

Very enjoyable.

What's the music you guys are using from?

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon May 11 2015, 03:39

@nexs wrote:
@Thor665
1:28:45
Amen brother. Amen.
Wink

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon May 11 2015, 04:13

@Calyptra wrote:
Very enjoyable.

The track is from some service that Thor uses for video production.

Glad you enjoyed the show! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon May 11 2015, 09:41

Awesome episode guys.

My coven are loving the D... (to be honest S10 vs D only makes a difference for talos, to grotesques it's all the same). Thankfully I don't run corpse thief either. Smile

Wraith Knights with stomp make me sad though. Sad

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon May 11 2015, 14:28

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
@Calyptra wrote:
Very enjoyable.

The track is from some service that Thor uses for video production.

Glad you enjoyed the show! Twisted Evil
I posted it up in the music thread a while back, let me find the post.

@Thor665 wrote:
Just because some people have asked about it and said they liked it as a DE theme - I present Two Steps From Hell's Rising Darkness, also known as the theme from Splintermind.

https://youtu.be/MrOAaaSFjx8

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon May 11 2015, 19:27

Sweet! Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Fri May 15 2015, 15:05

Fantastic episode as always gentlemen. I think this is your best yet and I really enjoy Cavalier's contributions and insights. @skari make sure you listen to this podcast, their praise is well deserved and we need to unite the masters of Commoragh in one podcast!!! *joins Cavalier in fanboy squee*.....*composes self* Looking forward to next months episode!!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Sat May 16 2015, 20:10

@Amornar - Thanks man glad you liked the episode and my intrusion inclusion on the podcast! Its always fun chatting with the guys. Looking forward to recording with the guys in the future... and yes I'm a huge Skari fan as well, he's one of the best 40k guys on the net!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Sat May 30 2015, 11:23

I love it when your episodes go on so long, its easy to forget about the time and just paint and enjoy chuckling along with your banter.

Looking forward to having Cav as a guest host, I think you three have a great dynamic, I hesitate to say the good the bad and the ugly but I just did Razz

You can decide which of the three you are!

Keep on raiding guys Smile

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Paland
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Mon Jun 08 2015, 20:30

Hallo.
How is it going with the collection for the new equipment. I hope its going well and its close to being complete Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Tue Jun 09 2015, 05:25

I would so pay to have Thor paint one of my minis...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Tue Jun 09 2015, 05:29

@Jimsolo wrote:
I would so pay to have Thor paint one of my minis...

$2. All I'm sayin'.

We are $40 short of our goal!

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Tue Jun 09 2015, 06:42

$38 now.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Thu Jun 11 2015, 03:46

@Jimsolo wrote:
$38 now.

@Thor665 Get those enamel paints ready! We got a $2 donation!!!!

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   Thu Jun 11 2015, 19:11

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins   

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 11: Cavorting with our Craftworld Cousins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: