HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Banshee Mask conversion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Banshee Mask conversion Empty
PostSubject: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 09:09

As you probably know by now, Banshee Masks are awesome in the new Eldar codex: Causing fear and denying overwatch.
So it's only logical to want one on an Autarch, right?

The problem is that Games Workshop, in their finite unwisdom, released a new plastic Autarch with only Mandiblasters, and only left the Finecast Autarch with Mandiblasters in the store while letting the one with a Banshee Mask drop out. That means there is effectively no Autarch model with a Banshee Mask available. Rolling Eyes
And since the heads of Howling Banshees are molded onto their bodies and have a lot of hair around the back of their neck, there is no easy conversion without Green Stuff with them either.

So the big question is; where to get a helmet that looks like a Banshee Mask and fits easily on an Autarch?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 11:01

Perhaps instead look at how to convert a Banshee into an Autarch? Then you have an appropriately posed model with the requisite mask and you can simply add things to bling it up to autarch proportions.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
CptMetal
Trueborn
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 11:37

Ask your runes monk. This is the dark city! ;-P
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 12:12

Cast one using an instamould bar?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitimeSat May 02 2015, 19:48

Found something from Ghost Miniatures:

"Herald of Death", alternative Jain Zar/Howling Banshee Exarch.
Banshee Mask conversion 9Niv5yNAYxk
At $16, it's even cheaper than GW's ugly recast Jain Zar. Razz

Surprisingly though, their alternative Autarch also comes with Mandiblasters only. scratch
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitimeSun May 03 2015, 03:35

To me the death jester type mask, which comes in the plastic harlequin troop kit, looks like it could incorporate a speaker grill.  There might be some confusion however if you were actually using another death jester in your army.  Then again he'd be carrying a big gun - your autarch won't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banshee Mask conversion   Banshee Mask conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banshee Mask conversion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: