Share | 

What to get?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: What to get?   Mon Apr 20 2015, 04:37

Hi Guys,

I came into 150$ recently and I wanted to know how to spend it effectively. I just started dark eldar recently so I dont know where to go next. I have the Wych cult shardstorm box, a talos pain engine, and a kabalite skysplinter. Any feedback is apprecciated!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: What to get?   Mon Apr 20 2015, 05:26

Grotesques, a raider, and a haemonculus.

10 Wracks and 2 venoms.

A couple razorwings.

A void raven.

Many, many Reavers.

A small allied Eldar army. (A few squads of Windriders and either an Autarch or a Farseer on a bike.)

But my personal favorite: cruise the trade forums and score as many used lots as you can. (Dakka has a couple people hocking whole armies right now.)
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What to get?   Mon Apr 20 2015, 07:02

I would say Ravager/Scouges/Venoms, those are obviously not bad and fit into the stuff you have, but really you should get a second Talos kit and a Homunculus. Then you can easily field the one you already have in the super competitive Dark Artisan formation. That one has a place in many many lists. Also: magnets are your friend (Talos->Cronos->Talos and back) Smile

Spend the rest on ice cream or venoms or, as Jimsolo said, Grotesques. Then your Succi from the shardstorm box (a really great box I think) can go with them and they work very well together with the DA formation's leadership debuff and feel no pain buff - both units out a webway portal for example. Now the Grotesque Finecast model is as crappy as expensive. You will find a lot of possibilities in this forum how to work around that. The spare parts from one Talos kit should be enough to convert two or three whatever models into Grotesques. I personnally used Skaven Rat Ogres. Super easy to convert, they basically only need the mask. With a sharp knife you can convert arms and give them tentacles and so on. Rat Ogres are in the Fantasy starter box and no one wants to have them and dumps them on ebay for really not much. But there are a lots of other possibilities.

So that would be my suggestion: Talos, Haemunculus, Grotesques, then more venoms/Warriors/Scourges/Razorwings/Ravagers/Eldar Allies .... and second hand if possible. And don't buy Raider, buy Ravagers and magnetise the sponsons Smile
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What to get?   Mon Apr 20 2015, 12:17

What @miral said (especially about the Grots, but IMO Crypt Horrors are a better base to convert them...but they are more expensive than Rat Ogres).

Depending of the kind of list you want to run, I would sugggest 1 or 2 Razorwing Jet fighter. What ever you do, stay away from the Void Raven :p
Back to top Go down
Mindstrike1
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What to get?   Tue Apr 21 2015, 14:40

Thanks for the replies!

After considering all the suggestions I think i'm going to go with another talos, a venom, scourges, and convert some grotesques. I'm also going to convert my own haemonculus. I plan on putting the wyches in the venoms, scourges deepstriking with haywire, a dark artsian formation, and then the grotesques in the raider. Any advice on if this is good or not. Thanks
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What to get?   Wed Apr 22 2015, 10:25

@Mindstrike1 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I came into 150$ recently and I wanted to know how to spend it effectively.

Invest in Warmachine. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What to get?   Wed Apr 22 2015, 10:57

Seems good. I started with buying two venom for one Kabal box. Repeat once and you're good. After that a ravage and the scourges. But the talos formation is fine too. I plan on buying one too. I hope they are worth it.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down

What to get?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: