Share | 

Ravager lance vs Disintegrator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ravager lance vs Disintegrator   Thu May 07 2015, 10:02

Interesting, generally I would just keep with having Ravagers doing the same job they always do, but with what Count A said, it does bring a good amount of sense. Having the popping power of a lance with the potential for a deadly volley of cannon fire. Though this would do some funky stuff with math hammer. Total of 5 shots a turn, 2 Dark Lances and 3 Diss Cannon shots. Would be interesting to see how that works. Might have to try that just too see in a fun test match.
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ravager lance vs Disintegrator   Fri May 08 2015, 08:26

greater_fishy wrote:
For completeness sake I have recently started mixing my Ravagers.
We played a small 1000 point tournament here recently where I was short on points and only upgraded 2 weapons to lances. I found that a Ravager with 3 lances or 3 disintegrators is inclined to only move 6" so that it can shoot all three guns and this lead to my ravagers being 'caught' more often. But with the mixed weapons they could move 12", fire at near full capacity every turn and they had a little more versatility.
For example I could shoot 2 lances at a vehicle, or a disintegrator and a single lance at infantry. and it helps avoid situations where you shoot 3 lances at ork boys simply because there were no vehicle targets.

Of course if you don't need to move 12 you are sacrificing a lance shot but I didn't regret it as much as I expected I would.

I've debated doing this. It also helps to break up target priority between ravagers and your raiders since the 5pts for a darklance can be spent on a raider instead. This is a thing that modern tanks and in 40k predator tanks exist for. Side sponsons either providing anti-infantry or anti-tank and the main gun doing the opposite (probably anti-tank.) I'm going to investigate this further. My lists are normally very heavily dissie based but I can see the argument for alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Tmaster
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Ravager lance vs Disintegrator   Thu May 14 2015, 08:40

In third edition disintegrators were S7 and dark lances were S9....sad face
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ravager lance vs Disintegrator   Thu May 14 2015, 11:27

When I ran predators I generally tried to stick to leaving my tanks for one purpose. 3 lascannon or infantry hunting. I do understand the value of an well rounded unit but it just seems....idk
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ravager lance vs Disintegrator   Thu May 14 2015, 11:47

JackKnife01 wrote:
When I ran predators I generally tried to stick to leaving my tanks for one purpose. 3 lascannon or infantry hunting. I do understand the value of an well rounded unit but it just seems....idk

I'd very much agree, if it's going to be a genuine threat then something like a predator or ravager need (in my opinion) to focus on one specific task. Ravagers with split dark lance and dissie are just about able to mount a case for having similar targets (most effective against elite infantry/lighter vehicles) but the pred with lascannon/heavy bolter sponsons just needs to be focused. If it had Power of the Machine Spirit that's different, cos then you can fire the lascannons at a separate target. Sadly it doesn't (though that's probably for the best).

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com

Ravager lance vs Disintegrator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: