sound boards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JayDee327
Hellion
JayDee327

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 20:20

Anyone have any knowledge on how I could add sound to my models.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 22:30

I....

.. What?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 23:02

How about recordable audio greeting cards?
I googled blank talking greeting card recordable sound music small and most pictures showed the needed parts quite big for a mini but further research might be promising, although longevity is questionable too.

JayDee327
Hellion
JayDee327

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 07:02

Interesting though on the sound card.... Something to look into.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 11:15

Very small, very cheap MP3 players.

I knew a guy one who build a small tape decka dn speakers into a Land Raider (Noise Marine themed) which was pretty awesome.

If you're looking at Dark Eldar models, there's very limited space making it more difficult, as you need somewhere to put the player (easily accessible preferably in case you need to remove it to change or charge batteries) and build in the speakers. I would say our current Raiders (and definitely Venoms) are too slender for that.
The Voidraven probably has space for it though.

Your other option is as others have suggested a small midi player from a greeting card, or a small touy or magnet that plays a tune. Again there's the space issue, but these are easier than full players. The one drawback is you can;t change their beattieres when they eventually run down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2015, 03:08

Depends on what sound you need - If all you want is "A" sound, there are pezio buzzers would fit on a normal base.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/160

They'd run off a 3v coin battery though which generally are not cheap.  Thin ones though like the 2025 just barely fit underneath the base itself.  A lot of work, but it would serve a few purposes making the base both magnetic and weighted.

I considered these for my noise marines way back when but never followed through.  They'd probably make an appropriately annoying buzzing sound though.

Anything with an input would take considerably more space.  The record able greeting card guts mentioned above are available on ebay for about $2.00 per.  They'd probably fit in just about any vehicle (ok probably not a venom).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400770550491?lpid=82&chn=ps

Those 2 metal cylinders on the right are pill type batteries, and replaceable for whatever that is worth.

I've been integrating single LEDs into some of my character's bases and it works pretty well.  With those however I cheat by basing with acrylic crystals from the dollar store and drilling a hole up through the base and crystal to integrate the LED.  You can't really do that with any speaker technology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sound boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: sound boards   sound boards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sound boards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-