HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Archon in a Raider

Go down 
AuthorMessage
YoungArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Archon in a Raider   Tue Mar 10 2015, 01:57

I recently attained my new Dark Eldar codex, and while taking a better look at what the army has to offer I noticed that it doesn't say that the Archon may take a Raider, I originally assumed that this was incentive to bring in a Court of the Archon (Slyth, Ur-Ghul, Lhamean and a Medusae; Snugly with their Archon in a venom) However, I then noticed that the court of the Archon is allowed to take a Raider. What does this mean? Are the Court only allowed to take a Raider unacmpanied? And why can't the Archon use a raider? And from a tactical perspective, would you wan't to put a Archon in a raider anyway?

Looking forward to feedback
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Archon in a Raider   Tue Mar 10 2015, 02:35

If you look, it seems that only the archon may take a dedicated transport. Also, the archon is always in a unit for me, so the extra venom would be just an extra 12 poison shots. Smile
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Archon in a Raider   Tue Mar 10 2015, 02:39

I may be misunderstanding your confusion, but the Archon can ride in any Raider he or she likes, provided it is not at capacity.

If the Court takes a Raider, and you attach the Archon to the Court, the Archon gets to ride in that Raider with them. Likewise with any other unit that can take a Raider as a dedicated transport.

Alternatively, if you would like for your Archon to ride around in a Raider by his or herself (presumably to allow room for the jacuzzi and minibar) you can take a Raider as a Fast Attack choice and stick the Archon in it.

nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Archon in a Raider   Tue Mar 10 2015, 03:34

@Calyptra wrote:
I may be misunderstanding your confusion, but the Archon can ride in any Raider he or she likes, provided it is not at capacity.

If the Court takes a Raider, and you attach the Archon to the Court, the Archon gets to ride in that Raider with them. Likewise with any other unit that can take a Raider as a dedicated transport.

Alternatively, if you would like for your Archon to ride around in a Raider by his or herself (presumably to allow room for the jacuzzi and minibar) you can take a Raider as a Fast Attack choice and stick the Archon in it.
I think the confusion is that it's not a dedicated transport option
Back to top Go down
YoungArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Archon in a Raider   Tue Mar 10 2015, 17:56

@Calyptra wrote:
if you would like for your Archon to ride around in a Raider by his or herself (presumably to allow room for the jacuzzi and minibar)

Well someone just had the best conversion idea ever
Back to top Go down

Archon in a Raider
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: