HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WadoW
Slave

PostSubject: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Sun Feb 15 2015, 00:20

Hi all!

I've a problem, GW DE Beats miniatures are only available in failcast and are terribly uglies (i.e.: Razorwings).

I'm looking for alternatives to failcast for Witch Cult Beasts miniatures.

I've found Zombicide - Murder of Crowz like a nice option for Razorwing Flocks:

The box will contain 15 miniatures for less than 25€

¿What do you think about this option?
¿And do you know alternatives for Khymeraes and Clawed Fiends?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Sun Feb 15 2015, 09:59

Actually you've found an excellent option there for Razorwings.

FOr the others, well you can pretty much use whatever you want.
My Beast pack uses a Cold One as a Clawed FIed, and some converted spinny disk things as Khymerae.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Sun Feb 15 2015, 10:33

Yep, those crows are definitely better than GWs.

Since I want to go with a general reptile theme, I was thinking about using either Salamanders (problem: only 1 model with 2 head options) or Khorne dogs as Kymerae, but I would love to see if there's a good looking alternative.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Sun Feb 15 2015, 19:51

Fantasy things are good. I used the vampire count dogs for kymerae and the bats as razorwing flocks.

WadoW
Slave

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Sun Feb 15 2015, 22:14

I was reviewing Fantasy models:

I guess that Chaos Warhounds with perhaps Hormagaunts bits can be an option for Khymeraes.

Nothing visually decent for Razorwing Flocks.

And for Clawed Fiends... Do you know something similar in size? Minotaurs? Any Tyranid model? I'm thinking in a Tyranid creature with any kind of Haemonculi system to avoid his control or connection to the Hive Mind (drugs, electroshock, surgical removal of synaptic receptors...).

In addition the new Spirit Hosts models could be nice for some kind of conversion.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Mon Feb 16 2015, 12:03

I have been making the original pair of plastic Rat ogres (not the IoB ones) into clawed fiends, not finished yet
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Mon Feb 16 2015, 12:57

For Khymerae stand ins you could take a look at GWs LOTR Fell Wargs, or fantasy Dire Wolves / Chaos Warhounds maybe?
The fell wargs are kinda bland, but I think they are the best match aesthetically for dark eldar out of the three.
I liked the Murder of Crowz mini.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?   Mon Feb 16 2015, 13:02

There is an existing thread here for alternate DE models. Could we please move discussion there. Thanks - Count Adhemar

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down

DE Beasts: only in failcasts & ungly. ¿Alternatives?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: