HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuantumNukaCola
Slave

PostSubject: My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified   Sat Feb 14 2015, 05:34

Hey guys! So last time I played Dark Eldar was back in 5th edition and I used to run mostly just warriors and trueborns, 2 ravagers (1 for AI, 1 for AT) and a few scourges. HQ would usually be an Archon and a retinue of Inucbi to accompany him. Heavy on shooty. I've been noticing a lot of lists here using a succubus instead of an Archon (though I keep reading Wyches are bad) and still the same usual warrior + raider combo, but a lot more scourges, venoms, and some other stuff. Also, it's hard to not notice the vast amount of Wracks, Grotesques, and Haemonculi popping up on lists all over the place!

All I want to know is are those last ones I mentioned now pretty much a must-have in non-shooty-heavy lists? Also, Archon vs Succubus? I'm sort of lost as to how DE are right now but I'm assuming the general strategy couldnt've changed TOO much!
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified   Sat Feb 14 2015, 06:05

If you used to use your Archon as a beatstick, the Succubus is the preferred choice, as her glaive gives AP2, the archon has no AP2 options.
Unfortunately, she can't take the Shadowfield, so only gets 4++, but doesn't lose it if it shorts out.

Wyches DO suck (Boo, my favourite unit in the fluff!)

All the coven stuff got better this codex, especially if you get the Coven expansion. Grots in particular are awesome now; I preferred them as my Archon retinue in 5th, they are even better now, so my Succubus is happy!
Back to top Go down
QuantumNukaCola
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified   Sat Feb 14 2015, 06:08

How are scourges doing?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified   Sat Feb 14 2015, 06:42

Very well - a points reduction and options for 4 weapons in 5 man squads means they are very efficient in an AT role

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified   Sun Feb 15 2015, 19:29

You could still use Wyches to tarpit something that can't overwatch very well, doesn't have many attacks in close combat, is not a vehicle, and somehow still worth tarpitting. But there aren't many units that fit this description.
Back to top Go down

My Revival in 40k! Need some things clarified
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: