HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corbeaux
Slave

PostSubject: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sat Feb 14 2015, 02:42

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Dark Eldar Battleforce as a jumpstart for an army. I purchased one of the old kits that came with 20x Kabalites 5x Reavers and a Raider.

I am curious as to what HQ you guys would recommend as a new player starting out with this model selection.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sat Feb 14 2015, 05:38

You could probably easily custom make an Archon. Give him a Blaster or something (it may only come with two in the kit? But you could probably costume make one from the Dark Lance or the Heat Lance).
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sat Feb 14 2015, 10:48

With just this selection so far, I would actually go for a Haemonculus.
You've got a good grounding, but nothing really combaty, so thats a Succusbus out.
And I personally feel that an Archon running with Warriors is a bit wasted, so better to bring in a Haemonculus to give buffs to one of your Warrior squads.
I would put ten of those warriors in a Raider with Splinter Racks, and a Haemonculus with the other ten to them more survivability until you add more to the army.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Corbeaux
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sat Feb 14 2015, 23:12

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sun Feb 15 2015, 00:21

I was thinking more on the lines of what you could make with those models, but I think Squidmaster has a good point. A Hemmy may be the best hero for the current force you have. He's a pretty decent support guy.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sat Feb 21 2015, 22:32

Bit late to the party, but you could also give the Haemy a Webway portal to get those warriors where you need 'em.

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   Sun Feb 22 2015, 10:14

The old starter set had only Splinter Cannons and Rifles so the kitbash options are limited I'm afraid. for the HQ noone really goes well with just the warriors but Haemy can boost their FNP so I'll go with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question   

Back to top Go down

Starting from an old Battleforce, HQ question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: