New FAQ up

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 09:49

On GamesWorkshop main site (I know).

Answers the soul trap question (nerf) and shadow field question (nerf) as well as the interaction between walkers and hammer of wrath (nerf).

I don't really see anything positive here.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 09:51

Sorry for double post, on phone.

Also solves the IC infiltrate debate (you can't).

One positive, at least they actually answered some questions people asked, almost like they care.

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:09

Linky

Oh well, at least the IC infiltrate issue has finally been dealt with!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:11

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Rules-Errata;jsessionid=DDFF69137D6475B474EA108F93FEBC12?_requestid=1129700

I'm on my phone so I don't know if that will work. If not, googling "games workshop errata" should bring it up. It has its own page now.

Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:15

And a nerf to Jink (goes against even rulebook fluff Very Happy )

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:21

I'm actually genuinely pleased they seemed to have listened to the questions that we have wanted to be addressed.

I'm less than thrilled with the responses and some of them seem to make their previous wording sound even more deliberately obtuse... but still its a small baby step forward perhaps!

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:42

The two DE questions are taken pretty much word for word from the FAQ questions that we sent them so it's nice to know they are reading it. Not sure what happened to the other questions we asked though!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:47

Nice to see they ignored the hell out of all the questions we sent them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Stolensoul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 14:12

Well, I know FAQ is not something to argue with, but I'm just curious with GW's logic:

FnP: '...On a 5+, the unsaved Wound is discounted – treat it as having been
saved
The shadow field save is lost for the rest of the battle at the end of any phase in which the model suffers one or more unsaved Wounds.
He didn't suffer, he didn't feel it! lol!

Also was Archon that strong melee IC to nerf him even more with this Soul Trap nerf? This one was according to wording tbh, but we could at least claim it was not, and no1 would say it was unfair! Especially considering this requirement of being in challenge is being a bit weird. Well at least they should rather change wording to 'gain 1Str for each wound lost by challengee' than almost removing Husk Blade from the game, imo.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 14:30

Logically the Shadowfield must have been penetrated in order to have taken the wound in the first place, regardless of whether the Archon subsequently ignored it, so I don't have a problem with it in theory but it does go against what is written in the rules.

Back to top Go down
Stolensoul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 14:33

Yes, logically it is right, but I do believe WH40k is not about logic, it is about wording. Logically Soul Trap should give all soul's strength of the killed challengee rather then it's part, no matter how you killed him.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 14:35

I agree that the Shadowfield nerf makes sense logically (though it directly contradicts the rules they wrote).

However, in terms of gameplay, it was entirely unnecessary. The Shadowfield has increased in cost by 33%, and the Archon had already been beaten bloody with the nerf-bat (cheap weapon removed, all sources of AP2 removed, Agoniser cost increased etc.).
Back to top Go down
Stolensoul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 14:39

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Archon was already a walking blaster, why would you push him forward into this doubtful role? They should probably remove all weapons from archon, leaving only to choose CCW or Djin Blade which should be than reworked to "Roll D6 after resolving attacks on a roll of less then 6 remove Archon and his unit from the game with no saves of any kind allowed."
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 16:02

The infiltrators and IC thing is annoying. The fact that you can't join an IC even if you outflank the infiltrators or even deploy them in your deploy zone normally is annoying really. Having the option to outflank an IC was useful in some edge cases.

The shadowfield thing is logical but goes against the wording IMO...especially given the wording of the new Necron Reanimation Protocol (which is almost identical to FNP but with cleaner wording).

Now, I only hope they continue to produce FAQs and that they do away with the Black Library page or at least keep them in sync. Having 2 sources that are out of sync is going to be a hassle.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 19:47

So we still have S1 Orbs of Despair. Okaaay.

The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 20:25

@Azdrubael wrote:
So we still have S1 Orbs of Despair. Okaaay.

Had it been a Marine supplement, I'm sure they would have been faqed to have Fleshbane the day after it was released. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 21:51

It's about time somebody toned down those CC Archons!  Those things were just breaking the game and ruining everyone's enjoyment of it.  Why, it was so bad that most DE players began running  "armies" composed only of a single CC Archon and nothing else!   They were just THAT good!
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 22:12

So....should we resubmit our community FAQ that was written up?

Maybe if we all submit it once a day for the next month or so they will eventually answer the questions....that we frequently ask Laughing
I would call it the Shawshank approach Smile

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 22:13

@sweetbacon wrote:
It's about time somebody toned down those CC Archons!  Those things were just breaking the game and ruining everyone's enjoyment of it.  Why, it was so bad that most DE players began running  "armies" composed only of a single CC Archon and nothing else!   They were just THAT good!

lol!

@Ispa wrote:
So....should we resubmit our community FAQ that was written up?

Maybe if we all submit it once a day for the next month or so they will eventually answer the questions....that we frequently ask Laughing
I would call it the Shawshank approach Smile

Have every member of TheDarkCity send it by Recorded Delivery post. That might get their attention. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 22:14

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Linky

Oh well, at least the IC infiltrate issue has finally been dealt with!

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Tue Feb 10 2015, 22:48

I was excited at first to see a new faq bunoafter reading the changes. i realise that g-dubs is a bunch of face trolling jerks.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Wed Feb 11 2015, 00:39

* punts Orb of Despair over back fence*
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Wed Feb 11 2015, 01:06

Well, I guess I'll just have to not run an Archon anymore except with a Blaster.

Oh...wait... Wink

The Orb thing is derptastic though.

I do suggest a re-submit of the community faq qith the answered questions removed though, those are still questions worth addressing for the most part.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Maple Tiishay
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Wed Feb 11 2015, 02:32

Does anyone one else find the wording of the skimmer/jink FAQ to be ambiguous and open to multiple interpretations? The way it reads to me is, if you ARE NOT heavy or ARE immobilized, you have jink. So immobilized skimmers benefit from a movement based save. I find it quite frustrating that even after receiving a "clarification" to the rule, there is still room for argument.  On any other forum post I've read on the subject, everyone seems to agree that immobilized skimmers CANNOT jink (which I will add, is the logical solution) but to me it doesn't seem to be worded that way. Am I missing something?

Seems to me that they may have FAQ'd that one up a bit. I'll be here all week

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man, is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: "If I live, I will kill you. If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ up   Wed Feb 11 2015, 07:20

Yeah, the skimmer/jink sentence structure is out so it actually reads that if you are Immobilised you DO have the Jink rule. Wonder how many people will try that one on?

Back to top Go down

New FAQ up
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: