HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers   Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:54 am

@Mushkilla wrote:
@thesaltedwound wrote:
Nice! Presumably also can't go to ground against the next unit's shooting.

Wow that's another nice catch.

Let's hope then that our guys fail pinning test then Very Happy

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Nannermand
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers   Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 am

I played a ork tank rush army yesterday. I was able to surround and pop two trucks with tank bustas with 2 units of six reavers. Needless to say they were fire magnets immediately after. I've been running 3 groups of 6 or 2 of nine with good results.

Has anyone ever deep struck a unit of 12 4 caltrops 4 lances with archon, shadow field and grenade? Drop, pop heat lances, jets bike move behind the archon. Let him tanks shots with field t4 (or 5 with drug luck.) then cluster caltrop you next turn ( or hit and run if assaulted the rinse and repeat. I haven't yet but I sounds kind of fun.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers   Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:28 am

I have done something similar. The nuts and bolts of that tactic is to tank shots with the Archon and unfortunately, it just doesn't work for how much it costs. Toughness 3 is a bug draw back and the, on average the sixth shot will get rid of the shadowfield. So basically 4 rapid fire basic Marines (call it a 5 man tac squad) can kill our 150pt HQ very reliably
Back to top Go down
Nannermand
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers   Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:23 am

Technically majority toughness 4 with a 1/6 chance of 5 but still a valid point

Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:19 pm

I was really looking foreward to using that Emergency Disembark thing. One of my regular opponents use Wraithguard in a deep striking Raider all the time, and I figured this would be an excellent way to avoid the Wall of SD: Death when engaging them after wrecking the Raider.

Unfortunately it doesn't, though. Exiting a Wrecked vehicle only count as Emergency Disembarking if the exits are blocked, and regular disembarkation doesn't have the same restrictions Sad

@Nannermand wrote:
Technically majority toughness 4 with a 1/6 chance of 5 but still a valid point

Majority Toughness 5 or not, he will still be instant killed by S6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers   

Back to top Go down

The Pragmatic Realspace Raider: Disembark Blocking with Reavers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: