Share | 

Splintermind Episode 08

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 08   Sat Feb 07 2015, 20:10

We discuss the new Warhammer 40k Blood Angels codex with Golden Daemon winner Ryan Herbranson and dicuss what it means to the Dark Eldar codex never to have to fear deep striking landraiders again.

You can also check out Ryan's blog (and Horus Heresy diorama) here;

http://theselsword.blogspot.com/2013/09/golden-demon-japan-2013.html

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sat Feb 07 2015, 20:55

Booyahh it's up

Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sat Feb 07 2015, 21:45

Quote :
never to have to fear deep striking landraiders again
Oh, thats a relief!

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 08 2015, 00:21

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
never to have to fear deep striking landraiders again
Oh, thats a relief!

Right?!!! Razz

You also get to hear me mispronounce our guest's last name two minutes after he told me how to pronounce it Evil or Very Mad

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 08 2015, 00:58

I wasn't even going to mention that, though now that you brought it up...

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 08 2015, 10:15

Can't wait for your insight on harlequins.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 08 2015, 18:37

Awesome stuff as usual guys! Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Syphilitic_Wizard
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Mon Feb 09 2015, 19:57

[deleted]

Last edited by Syphilitic_Wizard on Sun Feb 22 2015, 14:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Mon Feb 09 2015, 20:21

Very good episode, I have fought these guys twice in. A tournament and really haven't noticed much of a difference to fighting other chapters of space marines. They have some neat tricks (fought the angels fury last tourney) and are fun to play against but they really are not scary to dark eldar, honestly I rethink codex space marines is still a tougher opponent but, even they are not that great against us.
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Wed Feb 11 2015, 15:06

How do I watch Splintermind 8?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Wed Feb 11 2015, 15:36

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Wed Feb 11 2015, 23:24

Great cast, thanks for putting in the effort Smile

Let's hope the emo goth vampires in power armour shake up that meta!
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Wed Feb 11 2015, 23:44

Thanks for the podcast guys!
It's good to hear about these new releases. The meta around my area is generally Space Marine thick, so I expect Blood angels may get a look-in, I guess I'll have to deal with them in the same way as I'd deal with any other drop pod based combat marine army.
From afar.
Back to top Go down
Rasp
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Thu Feb 12 2015, 22:19

Great episode as always.

One request from future installments of the lesser races. I would like to have heard from the Ryan what he does NOT want to see from a dark eldar opponent. Instead of just "here's what's awesome about my codex" but also "here is what I fear from yours"

Thanks for all the work!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Thu Feb 12 2015, 22:48

Late to the party, but just wanted to chime in and say how much I am enjoying these. You guys are doing the (dark) lord's work with this series and it has quickly become one of my favorite things to listen to in the morning before work. Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing both of your thoughts about how to use the new Harlequins in a DE army. Cheers, fellas!
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Fri Feb 13 2015, 00:02

@Rasp wrote:
Great episode as always.

One request from future installments of the lesser races. I would like to have heard from the Ryan what he does NOT want to see from a dark eldar opponent. Instead of just "here's what's awesome about my codex" but also "here is what I fear from yours"

Thanks for all the work!
I agree with this. It would be most useful Smile
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Fri Feb 13 2015, 12:47

Very nice and always.

I would like to state for the record however, after hearing it a couple of times in a couple of episodes, that at least one of me does indeed use Mandrakes. Constantly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Fri Feb 13 2015, 17:04

@nexs wrote:
@Rasp wrote:
Great episode as always.

Thanks for all the work!
I did ask him that question, and he basically answered 'nothing much' though he amended to 'ability to move away from Droppods' later.
I also note that spammed darklight, as ever, remains a solid option and will rip up almost all of the Angels' tools pretty well, especially paired with the mobility to avoid their initial drop.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Fri Feb 13 2015, 18:58

@Squidmaster wrote:
Very nice and always.

I would like to state for the record however, after hearing it a couple of times in a couple of episodes, that at least one of me does indeed use Mandrakes. Constantly.

So you're the guy! Razz I kid of course. I use them from time to time, especially with using a Highlander format.

I know that we'll definitely be hounding the next guest harder as to what they fear from our army. I know the Necron player that we will have on in a future episode is all too aware of what to fear in our army Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Fri Feb 13 2015, 23:53

@Thor665 wrote:
@nexs wrote:
@Rasp wrote:
Great episode as always.

Thanks for all the work!
I did ask him that question, and he basically answered 'nothing much' though he amended to 'ability to move away from Droppods' later.
I also note that spammed darklight, as ever, remains a solid option and will rip up almost all of the Angels' tools pretty well, especially paired with the mobility to avoid their initial drop.
Actually you're right, I did remember you asking the question and him not really answering. Would you say that the same tactics for any space marine army is viable against blood Angels,?
Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sat Feb 14 2015, 04:18

@nexs wrote:
@Thor665 wrote:
@nexs wrote:
@Rasp wrote:
Great episode as always.

Thanks for all the work!
Actually you're right, I did remember you asking the question and him not really answering. Would you say that the same tactics for any space marine army is viable against blood Angels,?
Yes, I personally have found that the same tactics used for other marine armies works just well. Blood angels are a decent army, but we have more than enough tools to consider them a huge threat. I did play a guy with blood angels on the top table at my last tournament.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 15 2015, 02:43

I think so, yes. I kind of said as much, or attempted to.

He was very overexcited by his new shiny in my opinion - but at the end of the day what he has is a Space Marine dex that is good at assault, and though this is very exciting, and they do have some nasty Dreads and some really solid tools in assault and are also pretty fast - at the end of th eday they're mostly still just Space Marines, occasionally with FNP plastered on.

I agree with his note that surviving the initial hit and then redeploying is a good strategy, also just having a decent counterassault unit that can absorb some of the initial shock hit as he assaults in is also good. There are some things Grots or Talos would not be good at handling, but a fair shake that they'd be quite good at locking up or beating down.

I think maneuverability and shooting power, as ever, will remain the bywords for our answer, just as they are against regular Marine forces. I also think that though the Dreads are nasty, most BA forces will continue their general trend of being a bit mech light, so I suspect we'll have the available darklight to poke at them. It is making me consider making sure to include a unit of Scourges in all my lists again, but Scourges love killing them some Walkers.

Back to top Go down
lobo60
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 15 2015, 13:15

For sure, haywire scourge have been a staple in my army as they add an extra layer against mech list and the increasingly popular knights.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Sun Feb 15 2015, 13:25

Yep, I also never leave home without 2-3 squads of HWB Scourges. In my games, they complement Ravagers very well and are particularly useful against the dreaded Wave Serpent, as anything can pretty much cause 2-3 auto glances per unit, forces them to Jink every turn. Despite what the internet says, my experience has been that a Jinking Wave Serpent is a pretty ineffective Wave Serpent. They are also the bane of Dreadnaught's existence, particularly the ones that have armor pen re-roll and ignore shaken/stunned results, as glancing a Dread out is usually much simpler.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   Wed Feb 18 2015, 20:33

Just finished listening.

I love splintermind as its a very engaging hour long programme that I can kind of subconsciously paint to whilst paying attention.

This episode in particular was very bitter sweet for me as I paint my blood angels in lieu of my lost dark eldar!

Great episode once again! Sadly to little to late with the public service announcement ESE!

Can't wait for your next one.

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 08   

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 08
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION