HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What made you choose Dark Eldar
The models of course - how could you not want to own them?
30%
 30% [ 15 ]
The background - I'm plotting to become a criminal mastermind you see.
18%
 18% [ 9 ]
The rules - Why would you not want lances and poison everywhere?
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
The playstyle - I've got itchy feet and don't like to stay in one place too long.
34%
 34% [ 17 ]
Something else
16%
 16% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage
@miral
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Thu Jan 22 2015, 13:09

When I got back into tabletop I just got a good deal on ebay. Otherwise I might have played CSM. But both for the models. Then I realised that I played a fast, hard hitting, fragile army in void, my first tabletop. Also I wanted a army that is not seen very often and is hard to play.
And then I realized that DE are the most pathetic race there is, believing they are the greatest just because they hide so well while a god feasts at their very souls. On the other hand, maybe they just are the greatest as they don't need to fight for a status quo, they just do as they like. We will never know the truth Smile - that is why I love them now!
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Thu Jan 22 2015, 18:01

My intro to the hobby was the black templar/dark eldar starterset from the beginning of 3rd ed. So I started collecting dark eldar and dark angels. Templar paint scheme was just too boring.

I loved the idea of having one army that had fun by inflicting misery on others, and another that just loved being miserable all the time. Who would win?? They're still the only armies I've collected to this day, except my genestealer cult Kill Team.

Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Thu Jan 22 2015, 21:52

I played with the idea of collecting Dark Eldar pretty much since the 5th edition codex and the new models were released, but I was focusing on my Space Marines back then. In 2014, I read Thor's tactica, which convinced me to finally start a Dark Eldar army. Then the 7th edition codex came out... but I decided to collect them anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
hardcorps
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Sun Jan 25 2015, 06:35

I chose models on the poll, but the real reason is because its the army Marilyn Manson would play if he played 40k.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Mon Jan 26 2015, 12:50

I chose them many years ago, based on the fluff. I just didn't buy them, based on the models. (Ugliest ever)

So I waited, patiently, for an update that would make the models as cool as their background. 2010 came along and the rest is history. Bought a box of kabalites, wyches, two boxes of reavers, two boxes of hellions, an archon, lillith, a raider and the codex on their first day on the shelves.

Quote :
And then I realized that DE are the most pathetic race there i

We will tear your soul apart!

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Manners_Cat
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Mon Jan 26 2015, 21:26

Started playing 40k in late 3rd/early 4th and was drawn to DE because everyone told me they sucked.

This is kind of a theme for me...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?   Wed Jan 28 2015, 00:57

I started playing with marines, and it seemed very much easy mode as their armour and the ATSKNF rule were covering my mistakes and let me win pretty often. (I am said to be a rather good player in our meta) I won my first local tournament with not so much a competitive marine list and the final match was against a serpent spam list by an experienced player in our meta.

I wanted hard mode, mobility and low toughness models so i bought a kabalite warrior force with the prize money of the tournament:) That is how i began...
Back to top Go down

Why did you decide to collect Dark Eldar?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: