HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Its_Army

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 03:35

So I finally got cracked down to do some painting and it feels great. I will be posting quite a few pictures right now because I painted 1000 points in a week I had off over thanksgiving to attend a GT in Sacramento. From this point on though I hope to expect reasonable to slow updates and hopefully by the end of the year I will have over 7k points painted. I feel really good about these first ones though because I did 1k points in literally 4 days of straight painting when I had the free time.

Let me explain my army a bit. Sticking true to how Commorragh actually works clearly things needs to be painted differently. I've chosen to do The Kabal of the Poisoned tongue as my Kabal Faction. Prophets of Flesh as my Coven Faction. I am making up my own Wych Cult called Wych Cult of the Blood Frenzy, they will be wearing black latex jump-suites with bone armor and grey-white hair. The idea is to splatter them with BFTBG because their armor and hair shows it well. Obviously as the battle goes on they get more and more red and it fuels them etc. Scourges will be painted as I see fit I feel like different squads will have different paint schemes, so I can have fun with it. All vehicles are supplied by the Kabal of the Poisoned tongue so they will be painted as such. Expect some Eldar thrown in at random as well. My painting isn't exactly cannon but its close enough and I am able to replicate it very well. Not everything is done but here goes.  

First off it Duke Slisc..... *cough* My Archon. I had built him before the new book so now he's just an archon. But we know differently.

I've gotten 15/50 warriors painted.

3/5 talos (corpse-thief claw here I come!!!)

1/4 venoms that all look the same. These amongst alot of this stuff is still WIP.

First squad of Scourges. Everything went well till I did their helmets. Needless to say these guys bug me I don't like their heads but oh well they will do for now.

A lot of this stuff is still WIP as I uploaded pictures and looked at them I caught a lot of little things. But that's ok because I have so much of the same things to do I will get all of it. hope you guys enjoyed. More to come!

Last edited by Its_Rumble on Wed Apr 15 2015, 06:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 04:45

Sexy looking force!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 05:02

Thanks man! Slowly but surely I hope to get this log nice and full. Got plenty more to paint.

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 06:49

Great looking raidparty.

As a suggestion you could use that blue metal from Talos hands somewhere in your skimmers too. The violet pipes on talos look a bit odd allthough actually I don't have competense to say so.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 06:52

Thats not a bad Idea where do you think it would work on the venoms? I am trying to keep it close to Kabal of the poisoned tongue cannon but I am open to great ideas.

I like purple so i made the thing purple. It's bright just because that's the high lite.

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 07:08

Perhaps the front under the hull (above spilinter cannon) and jet engine airintakes. Or those handrails you painted bronze?

Ok. I like to have only one or two different bright colors on my models. (And I've just painted my DA-formation)

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 07:19

You know I think doing the same teal thing I did for the talos would would well on the under belly and the grate that the gunner is standing on. I was not too excited to paint the platform another metallic. thanks for that!!! Other than painting the gunner there isnt much I want to do.

Have you had success in painting runes on your vehicles? that's what mine will be missing.

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 07:41

All the runes I have painted are in my painting blog (Link in the sig). Not all call them success.

My Skimmers are quite bare atm, but other stuff have runes painted on them.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Jan 14 2015, 11:46

Looking very very nice. Love how I high contrast the colors are... it makes the blacks look super deep. The Archon is also very cool... really sinister. Very nice stuff I'm really digging it

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Apr 15 2015, 06:01

I wouldn't click to see full image if I where you lol. I am a photo taking newb.

Since the competition is over I can post this into my log now.

Tried to go for a heavy Slaanesh feel with super bright colors on the outside and contrasting dark colors in the undergarments. I really took the highlighting to extremes with this guy, it's very cartoony and looks great on the battlefield. I'm in the process of building my quins so i've only used him as a Archon but he will see tabletop in the near future I sure hope. I plan on doing the "The Twisted Path" as my Quin troop, (pg 40 top left).

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Apr 15 2015, 07:48

I liked your entry when I saw it in the comp. the colours work very well together. Very nice!

Maybe a minor thing to improve is the glare from your lighting on your mini. I think the light is too close which is why there is so much glare, so it makes it a little hard to see some of the blending and highlighting (I am still struggling to take good photos, so dont be discouraged if it takes a little while to get it right, I still havent Smile ). The background is good though. Check out this article, it is very good and gives some useful tips.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   Wed Apr 15 2015, 22:36

Hey thanks I appreciate it! And yes you are totally right. That was the main problem I was having my Camera wasn't even using the flash. And I was in a decently dark room. I was using someone else's nicer one and I couldn't figure out the settings to not try to lighten it up so darn much. It would over saturate the light. And that was just a black t shirt as a background

PostSubject: Re: Its_Army   

Back to top Go down

Its_Army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: