HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:10

Such as tie up a Monstrous Creature?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:17

throw grenades.

Oh yeah, and die more quickly!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:20

I'll second the fast dieing Very Happy

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:20

Third

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:21

Okay so i get it, sort of generally useless.

Anything positive?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:26

Nice models?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:31

Score with ObjSecured. Thats the only thing.

Guys, can you deny objective while in close combat? Or score?

PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:33

In addition, theoretically they can really tie up a Riptide, allowing the rest of your army to be safe.

But like that ever happens.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:35

The running poses look great in dioramas.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
DingK
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:37

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
The running poses look great in dioramas.

... and the legs could be used to bring some variety to your Kabalites.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:39

@Azdrubael wrote:
Guys, can you deny objective while in close combat? Or score?

Yes to both.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:42

So that is their supposed role i think. Fight a battle on a VP. Trying not to lose it.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:47

@Azdrubael wrote:
So that is their supposed role i think. Fight a battle on a VP. Trying not to lose it.

Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:48

Yeah, well. I try something ))) We'll see how it goes.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:49

They aren't even a cheap way to unlock a Venom

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:52

Succubus
Incubi
Trueborn
Warrior
Wyches
Reavers
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

That's the list I envision, but I don't think I see the point even.

Grotesques are like 60x times better for the same price. And can even tarpit and actually kill.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 10:56

Pretty much the only roles I can see are to defend an objective in cover (if they'e not blasted by templates and cover ignore and not assaulted by assault troops that is) and to tarpit units where they actually have a chance to kill their pitted foe (unlike most tarpits). In either case though you'd either need an uncompetitive number of them to do those jobs well or you'd have to hope they only go up against inferior units.

They might be good in small squads running interference during a larger assault of Grots or Incubi. 5 of them could probably hold out long enough against double their number, take 4 of those squads and you just lock down 4 units during the assault. This could allow the real assault force to go against what you really want dead. If you went for a complete assault based army that is.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 11:07

Well, with assault units, i find the assault is more sucesfull when you outnumber foe. Simply less return blows and less chance to break away. Surely enough Wyches can only fight in a favorable fight.

Means they cant pull the weight by themself. 10 of them should only assault combat squads or something like that. And again this all only makes point if your score. Otherwise its just really crap assault unit.

PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   Fri Jan 09 2015, 12:21

@Demantiae wrote:
Pretty much the only roles I can see are to defend an objective in cover (if they'e not blasted by templates and cover ignore and not assaulted by assault troops that is) and to tarpit units where they actually have a chance to kill their pitted foe (unlike most tarpits). In either case though you'd either need an uncompetitive number of them to do those jobs well or you'd have to hope they only go up against inferior units.

They might be good in small squads running interference during a larger assault of Grots or Incubi. 5 of them could probably hold out long enough against double their number, take 4 of those squads and you just lock down 4 units during the assault. This could allow the real assault force to go against what you really want dead. If you went for a complete assault based army that is.

My brother was proposing using them with the same idea in mind- use it to lock down those termies whilst the incubi butchers the nearby squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?   

Back to top Go down

What can Wyches do that Incubi, that other units can't?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: