HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My problems with our codex (warning rant)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
trade_prince
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Mon Mar 02 2015, 12:36

@Caldria wrote:
@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Don't get me started on terminators! Wink Wink

Haha, I agree - I once lost 4 termies to a single 10 man cultist unit's PISTOLS - he was gonna assault them into my termies - turns out, he didn't even need to.

My 2+ rolls are absolutely abysmal with termies - which is why it's so surprising that I've yet to fail a single shadowfield save. I'm starting to not want to play with my Archon because I don't want to see him to have his first failed save ever xD.

Well, now you jinxed it Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Mon Mar 02 2015, 12:49

@Caldria wrote:
@The_Burning_Eye wrote:

Haha, I agree - I once lost 4 termies to a single 10 man cultist unit's PISTOLS - he was gonna assault them into my termies - turns out, he didn't even need to.

Ooh, that hurts! I was gonna say that I once lost 6 terminators from 8 wounds in one shooting phase to a unit of guardsmen, but at least the guardsmen had the decency to fire at me three times each!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
trade_prince
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Mon Mar 02 2015, 12:50

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
@Caldria wrote:
@The_Burning_Eye wrote:

Ooh, that hurts! I was gonna say that I once lost 6 terminators from 8 wounds in one shooting phase to a unit of guardsmen, but at least the guardsmen had the decency to fire at me three times each!

Remind me on that time where 10 Guardsmen with a Plasma gun managed to kill 3 Grav Cents (without character) that just fell out of a wrecked Land Raider. The opponent was throwing dice left and right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Mon Mar 02 2015, 18:09

@trade_prince wrote:
Not to put a block in the conversation, but all the negativity going on here really discourages new players. And I thought I had saved best for last, but turns out I was never meant to start DE in the first place.

I think if you do start DE, you will find yourself playing one of the most tactically challenging armies in the entire game.

Look at it like a game, inside a game.

Challenge to yourself:
+1 for just playing Dark Eldar
+1 for having a crappy book
+1 for playing against Necrons (tier 1 army)
+1 for them having a much, much better book

You can start yourself with 4 feelgood counters before the game even begins.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Mon Mar 02 2015, 19:54

Also a huge thing to remember i made this rant as a guy going from 5th to 7th and being dissapointed with what i couldnt do anymore, the 7th codex has its issue but getting into it now is better than getting into it any other time i suppose.

I am a pessimist i am a complainer (just look at my signature) But dont let me discourage you this army still has its core and it can do work.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Tue Mar 03 2015, 10:08

Oh, and i just remember.
Why succubus doesn`t have options for taking skyboard or reaver? It would be pretty nice and perfectly add to wych fluff.

P.S. Still hope for wych supplement

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Tue Mar 03 2015, 10:32

@Devilogical wrote:
Oh, and i just remember.
Why succubus doesn`t have options for taking skyboard or reaver? It would be pretty nice and perfectly add to wych fluff.

Wouldn't really be in accordance with the fluff anymore - reavers and hellions are now sub-sects in their own right rather than wyches with different equipment, and the Succubus comes from the gladiatorial wych sect. If there were an option to take Reavers and/or Hellions as troops then I'd expect the hq to have an option for it (like the Space Marine Captain on a bike making bike squads troops) but as they've gone away from that style of force org switching it doesn't surprise me at all (personally I'd very much like to see that as an option, I think the idea of a themed reaver/hellion force using them as troops would be awesome, but then I still yearn for the flexibility of the 4th ed marine codex).

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Tue Mar 03 2015, 17:02

@Devilogical wrote:
Oh, and i just remember.

I very much agree.
At least they could bring back the Hellion Lord and add Vraesque Malidrach as an actual Archon on jetbike.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Tue Mar 03 2015, 17:06

Why doesn't my Haemonculus have the option to graft wings to his back...?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   Tue Mar 03 2015, 17:08

@The Shredder wrote:
Why doesn't my Haemonculus have the option to graft wings to his back...?

That too is a good point. Joining a winged Hex Rifle Haemonculus to Scourges could be fun...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My problems with our codex (warning rant)   

Back to top Go down

My problems with our codex (warning rant)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: