HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 17:56

Episode 7: Tournament Raids and You Part 1 of 2

We discuss the Warhammer 40k scene with Reece and Frankie from Frontline gaming. We debate the merits of the Corpsetheif formation, discuss the changes to the codex, cite some experiences, and all agree that Mandrakes are bad...except maybe for Reece.

In addition to talking about the upcoming Las Vegas Open, Reece weighs in on an old article that he wrote in the previous edition where he called Dark Eldar a spoiler army and how they have changed with the new codex, while Frankie shares insight and experiences from his current curbstomp special tournament list.

Links:
Dark Eldar: The Ultimate Spoiler Army?

LVO booking information

Signals from the Frontline Podcast
If you aren't already listening to the Signals from the Frontline Podcast, you're probably a terrible person that hates 40K?  Razz

Part two will release 1/21, and will feature another special guest from a certain podcast from the world's end..... Twisted Evil

#Splintermind

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Wed Jan 07 2015, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 20:11

@Evil Space Elves wrote:

Signals from the Frontline Podcast
If you aren't already listening to the Signals from the Frontline Podcast, you're probably a terrible person that hates 40K?  Razz

That shouldn't be a question... its a fact. Frankie and Reece are the best!

So pumped for this episode what a great surprise. Gonna listen to this right now!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 21:24

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 21:36

@ligolski wrote:
Any replies to this as you posted in it:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11181-black-library-reply-to-court-of-the-archon

We recorded the interview before this was posted. I did send it to Reece, received a reply that they would look at it. Seemed surprised the BL actually answered this. I see them going with this ruling as it is not only RAW, but will probably get updated in a FAQ. We'll see. bounce

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 22:05

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
@ligolski wrote:
Any replies to this as you posted in it:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11181-black-library-reply-to-court-of-the-archon

We recorded the interview before this was posted. I did send it to Reece, received a reply that they would look at it. Seemed surprised the BL actually answered this. I see them going with this ruling as it is not only RAW, but will probably get updated in a FAQ. We'll see. bounce

Awesome! When I heard the ruling I was thinking WHAAAAAAAT but we have proof on the site that says otherwise! lol glad you passed it on because I was going to until I saw your post in the other thread.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 23:10

@ligolski wrote:

Awesome! When I heard the ruling I was thinking WHAAAAAAAT but we have proof on the site that says otherwise! lol glad you passed it on because I was going to until I saw your post in the other thread.

We are a full, public service podcast Razz

Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 07 2015, 23:36

Great podcast guys! Really loving all the guests and the guys from Frontline Gaming were a perfect addition to the cast. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Thu Jan 08 2015, 22:42

This is one of the best episodes yet, funny, good info, interesting and totally inspiring me to somehow dust off my 40 wyches and actually win a game with them, its going to be a long 2015!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Fri Jan 09 2015, 01:04

It was interesting and fun but some points were rather obvious. Learning how to use maneuverability and speed are essential skills needed for a lot of armies - not just DE. I'm still not convinced ravagers are that good - I see better AT options for DE. I'm a bit surprised that Reece and Frankie find grots are not tournament worthy. MSU is still being advocated - I get it - lots of ObSec - but I think there are other viable tournament builds. All that said these guys are top notch players so who am I to critique there observations.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Fri Jan 09 2015, 01:39

@Grub wrote:
This is one of the best episodes yet, funny, good info, interesting and totally inspiring me to somehow dust off my 40 wyches and actually win a game with them,  its going to be a long 2015!

GET SOME! Razz

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Fri Jan 09 2015, 05:56

@egorey wrote:
It was interesting and fun but some points were rather obvious.
I stopped thinking like that ages ago Laughing Just go to any Tactics section on any 40k site and bear witness to dozens of rather basic questions being asked over and over again.

There's a reason my tactica is going to include 'unit builds that work' because people will still be having the question of caltrops or heat lances or both on Reavers four years from now.

@egorey wrote:
I'm still not convinced ravagers are that good - I see better AT options for DE.
I would be interested in hearing what you think is better at Ravager's job. The only things I can think of are maybe certain Eldar allies myself, but if we're talking within the codex and supplement I got nothing.

@egorey wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that Reece and Frankie find grots are not tournament worthy.
Did they say that? I think I would have picked at that argument if they had - I don't recall it. I am pretty sure at one point that I noted Grots as functional and they agreed.

Hell, Reece was saying Mandrakes were okay - no way he dissed Grots Wink

@egorey wrote:
MSU is still being advocated - I get it - lots of ObSec - but I think there are other viable tournament builds.
I would say Frankie's suggested use of Corpsetheif qualifies as a non-MSU build, though he did go with MSU style support, but that's a deathstar build to my mind.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Fri Jan 09 2015, 09:33

@egorey @Thor665 I believe egorey is talking about the recent dark eldar podcast on frontline gaming with skari, reecius and Franky. Where they say grots are not something they would take competitively.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Fri Jan 09 2015, 13:25

@Mushkilla wrote:
@egorey @Thor665 I believe egorey is talking about the recent dark eldar podcast on frontline gaming with skari, reecius and Franky. Where they say grots are not something they would take competitively.

Thanks for clarifying Mush, I was wondering what this was about as I haven't had a chance to listen to that episode yet. If anyone came on our show and claimed that Grots weren't worth taking......those are fightin' words Razz

I don't know what context they mentioned not taking Grots in a tournament list, but would be interested to hear why. If they are advocating using the Corpsethief Claw over Grots (not exactly crazy) I could see why as you wouldn't have the points for both if you wanted the army to be effective.

Wait, now I'm commenting on a different podcast in this podcast's thread.....and I haven't listened to it yet.....

Shutting up and drinking coffee now.
Don't post before 5:30AM.

Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Fri Jan 09 2015, 13:57

Another good show guys. I am going to try to get to that tourny, wish me luck lol. BTW thanks for the shout out at the end ESE, It maid me all giddy lol
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Sun Jan 11 2015, 05:18

@barenone wrote:
Another good show guys. I am going to try to get to that tourny, wish me luck lol. BTW thanks for the shout out at the end ESE, It maid me all giddy lol

How would I not give a shout out for that?! Shocked

Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Mon Jan 12 2015, 13:27

well im just glad you liked it, Wait until you see what I have planned for next year, mwahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Mon Jan 12 2015, 18:48

Fantastic and laugh out loud funny podcast guys! Can't wait for the next one!

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Mon Jan 12 2015, 20:06

Great episode once again guys! Keep it up!!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Wed Jan 14 2015, 23:46

Hello Thor and EvilSpaceElves,

I am new to this forum and returning to 40k after 14 years.  I played dark eldar back then and I am super excited to get started again with all the new changes.  These podcasts have been very helpful for me.  Especially this latest episode.  I don't plan on entering any serious tournaments any time soon, but I don't want to lose every game at my FLGS.  It was nice hearing some veteran tournament players discussing the new changes and really gave me a new perspective on how I want to build my force.  I have some warriors and raiders painted up so far.  I also have a ravager, scourge squad, wrack squad and a haemonculus in boxes.  I think I might shelf the wrack squad for now and purchase a Razorwing and some Reavers.

You guys are a great duo.  Two totally different perspectives but each are valuable and credible.  My only issue is sometimes the volume on Thor's audio spikes up really high at some points. The guests you've had so far have been really awesome. I'm a big fan of the BAO format and it was great to hear Reece's perspective on the scene as well as Frankie's input. I totally wrote off that corpsethief claw formation thinking it would be too many points to be practical but I will have to look it over again if he is doing well in tournaments with it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for making these podcasts.  I look forward to listening to the next one and posting some of my pictures and experiences on this forum in the future.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Thu Jan 15 2015, 05:14

@Wolfsark wrote:

Anyway, thanks a lot for making these podcasts.  I look forward to listening to the next one and posting some of my pictures and experiences on this forum in the future.

You are absolutely welcome! We have a blast making these and are so glad that people get some use and entertainment from our ramblings Razz Welcome back to the hobby, looking forward to your posts on the forum.

Back to top Go down
winterman
Slave

PostSubject: RSS feed for this?   Sat Jan 17 2015, 02:34

Hi guys, found out you had a podcast and tried getting it in my podcast app. Was able to eventually get the RSS feed from the libsync page but may make it easier for folks who manage podcasts through an app to link the RSS feed somewhere here or on the facebook page.

Downloading all the episodes now -- look forward to listening to them!
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Mon Feb 02 2015, 01:20

This was my first time tuning in to #splintermind, but it was great Very Happy

Top notch work fellas!

Now, I'm off to work on my competitive list featuring nothing but wyches, mandrakes and voidrravens, led by Drazhar...

see you on the bottom tables Sad
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You   Mon Feb 02 2015, 04:05

@Creeping Darkness wrote:
Now, I'm off to work on my competitive list featuring nothing but wyches, mandrakes and voidrravens, led by Drazhar...

see you on the bottom tables Sad

Razz Throw in some Hellions!

Glad you liked the show! Check out our Facebook page if you get a chance.

-Brian

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 7 Part 1: Tournament Raids and You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: