HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 06:45

I have 25 pts to spare after constructing a more economic list (2 small reaver units, 2 gunboats, tri-rav, incubi & trueborn in venoms for elites, Succubus for hq).

What are some good upgrades i can get?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 09:26

Sort of depends what you already have or don't have on the units, really.
I'd say the obvious thought to me is night shields on the Gunboats. Though you'd need a spare 5 points more to do both.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 09:29

I'd probably look at Armour of Misery on the Succubus as that a) gives her an actual save outside of combat and b) helps make stuff run away when beaten up by her.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 09:55

Or helm of spite if you're likely to be facing psykers a lot

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:28

I've already got an Armour of Misery, so Spite helm for me. Night Shields for the Gunboats already there.

Originally I wanted 8 grots, but the price of acquiring those models...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:31

@PainReaver wrote:
I've already got an Armour of Misery, so Spite helm for me.

Remember that you can't take them on the same character (only one relic per character for us).

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:39

I meant no spite helm for me, lol.

But yeah why do we get these arbitrary restrictions?

I mean sure the Archon might not share his toys willingly, but the Archon himself too is subject, as if these items were owned by Vect.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:43

No idea. Doesn't seem to be any consistency in 6th and 7th edition codexes with regard to relics. Some have no limit, some have one per character, some have a strangely worded limit that may or may not mean one per character.

Oh well, GW strikes again!

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 14:51

@PainReaver wrote:
But yeah why do we get these arbitrary restrictions?

Because we're not marines.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 16:09

I'm thinking an Agonizer for my Succubus though is clearly suicidal, but can be handy for the extra attack if i'm against vanilla meringues.

Plus i can keep the whip part of the model too.
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 21:16

Upgrading an Incubi to a Klavex is always worth while.
Back to top Go down
clever handle
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 21:33

The Klaivex is an auto-include if you're planing on running incubi - the unit is lackluster without him and has the potential to be amazing with him - up to 8 S4 AP2 attacks at initiative 6 for 30 points? Yes please!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Tue Jan 06 2015, 21:43

If i have 25 points at the end of list building im probably have to rebuild list from zero. IMHO.
Usually the answer is - trim some whacky stuff and get more troops. Upgrades are a bad way to create more value, you almost always want to take more bodies/guns.

Klaivex is good though. Not better then another venom. But good.

PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Wed Jan 07 2015, 00:47

I also have a Klaivex. Basically I have all the essential upgrades, and none of the whacky stuff.

The basic list (only because Grots are expensive either finecast or bashed out of taloi/crypt horror- Grots being the best units hands down, especially with that formation)

Succubus
Incubi (Klaivex)
Blasterborn
Gunboat Warrior
Gunboat Warrior
Reaver- Toolbox (CC + HL)
Ravager- DL
Ravager- DL
Ravager- DL

Alternatively, I may ignore CC altogether and build a true death by a thousand cuts type of list, though this will suffer against Tau lists that have to be held up in CC.

Archon- Blaster, Clone Field, Haywire
Blasterborn- in Raider
Blasterborn- in Raider (because OCD)
Venom Warrior
Venom Warrior
Venom Warrior
Ravager- DL
Ravager- DL
Ravager- DL
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Wed Jan 07 2015, 04:55

Depending on who you are going against I like the torment grenade launcher if it works with the army I'm going against.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Wed Jan 07 2015, 06:08

Well that's if there's no marines around.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   Wed Jan 07 2015, 07:31

Now I have 10 pts left, having decided to turn the blasterborn into a mix of 3 blaster/ 2 splinter cannon so they can hose down all types of targets depending on the situation. I am probably thinking enhanced aethersails on the gunboat for Obj Sec shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list   

Back to top Go down

Spending the last 10-25 pts in any list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: