HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Apr 15 2015, 14:58

I like the highlighting you have done in the black. I really struggle to paint black without it looking too grey, but your highlighting works very well.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:55

I'd go so far as to say thats one of my favourite Drazhar paint jobs. The armour really conveys a sense of sinister intent.

GJ nexs

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Apr 15 2015, 22:16

Thanks guys!
It was my first attempt at using incubi darkness colour.
I think I want drazhar to stand out from the incubi... I'm considering making them more of a black/grey than the incubi darkness. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Apr 15 2015, 22:29

Yeah i think that could look ok. I do like the incubi darkness black you have done though, so my personal preference would be to keep it for the whole squad as well Smile

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Apr 15 2015, 23:58

Aw damn, look what you've done! I'll do them all the same!
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Thu Apr 16 2015, 14:08

Only one part remains. What colour to paint the tube that wraps around his thigh and inserts into the leg armoureally
What is that thing anyway? haha

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Thu Apr 16 2015, 14:17

A garter belt obviously Wink

The eyes are looking top notch there, really nice effect. Damn eyes, bane of my life!

I'll echo spellcheck in that this scheme would look stellar across a whole squad.

Maybe a greenf or the garter belt to go with the eyes?

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Thu Apr 16 2015, 14:48

It's a catheter surely? Drazhar is really, really old after all...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Thu Apr 16 2015, 23:54

Hahaha, you guys! Awesome!

Upon closer inspection, it seems to be some form of tube (catheter perhaps @The_Burning_Eye) that loops outside the armour plate and the bottom part has the lacy getmegetme garter wrapped around it.

I'm thinking green tube (to match the rest of my army ie: the tubes that connect to the chest plates) and either purple or blue garter... probably blue, as that's my secondary scheme colour
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 00:50

It's a drug tube. You can find them all over the classic range; the Wyches have them in other places as well as on their thighs.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 00:55

@Calyptra wrote:
It's a drug tube. You can find them all over the classic range; the Wyches have them in other places as well as on their thighs.
Wow, awesome! Thanks.

Is that the same with the newer models and the tubes that come out of the chest?
If so, I feel like I need to repaint them......
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 02:14

Yeah, I assume the chest tubes on the current Kabalites are for (less potent than Wyches') drugs.

Honestly, if you're a Dark Eldar (and not Lelith), why wouldn't you be on drugs?

In the classic range, most of the models (though not most of the Kabalites) wear a form-fitting, horizontally banded undersuit beneath their armor plates. The drug tubes connect directly to this suit. In places where the suit isn't worn, such as a Wych's bare skin, the tubes are connected to or held in place by what I take to be a strap built the same way as that undersuit. Or at least, I painted them the same way. :-)

For whatever reason, the thigh is the most common place for the tubes. It would make sense for Eldar, being humanoid, to have large veins/arteries there for the same reasons we do, so presumably the tubes are there for that reason, as well as being easily accessible if the Dark Eldar needs to adjust his or her mix.

I have thought about this too much.

Edit: by the way, I like your stuff. I feel like your paintjobs really leveled up on page 2 of this thread.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 02:31

@Calyptra wrote:
Yeah, I assume the chest tubes on the current Kabalites are for (less potent than Wyches') drugs.

Honestly, if you're a Dark Eldar (and not Lelith), why wouldn't you be on drugs?

In the classic range, most of the models (though not most of the Kabalites) wear a form-fitting, horizontally banded undersuit beneath their armor plates. The drug tubes connect directly to this suit. In places where the suit isn't worn, such as a Wych's bare skin, the tubes are connected to or held in place by what I take to be a strap built the same way as that undersuit. Or at least, I painted them the same way. :-)

For whatever reason, the thigh is the most common place for the tubes. It would make sense for Eldar, being humanoid, to have large veins/arteries there for the same reasons we do, so presumably the tubes are there for that reason, as well as being easily accessible if the Dark Eldar needs to adjust his or her mix.

I have thought about this too much.
Thanks for the insight! I'm thinking that, now I know the fluff, I'll need to repaint either the glowing eyes or the drug tubes as I'd originally assumed they were power feed tubes (seeing that this is the year 40,000 and powered armour makes sense). It's ok, seeing that the only models that are 100% completed are just kabalites Smile
Mucho appreciendo

Quote :
Edit: by the way, I like your stuff. I feel like your paintjobs really leveled up on page 2 of this thread.
Thanks! I've come from years and years of fantasy painting. It took a month or so to re-adjust to the 40k styles and approach.
It is just the beginning Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 02:55

@nexs wrote:
I'm thinking that, now I know the fluff, I'll need to repaint either the glowing eyes or the drug tubes as I'd originally assumed they were power feed tubes

The modern Kabalites and Wyches both have chest tubes, with the Wyches having extra tubes in other places as well.

I'm not aware of it being explicitly stated anywhere that they're drug tubes. I think yours can absolutely be power tubes if you want them to be.

They're painted green in the various studio color schemes. Green is the universal color of unwholesome liquids, but the GW studio has a thing about painting any and all pipes and tubes green, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 02:57

True enough, but I'm pedantic and fluff orientated. So I'm going to have to do it or I'll lose sleep every night until I fix it!
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Fri Apr 17 2015, 10:15

I also assumed they were tubes for the discerning kabalite that like to enhance his/her realspace raid experience with a little chemical stimulation. I've gone green for exactly the reasons Calypra mentions above, green liquid is never gonna be anything benign...
In other news Drazar looks fantastic, I'm in no doubt that his incubi chums will look ace when they are done and formed up along side him.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Apr 19 2015, 04:20

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Apr 19 2015, 13:40

Also finished a farseer

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Apr 19 2015, 22:00

Looking good there, jumping on the Eldar bandwagon, haha? Laughing

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Apr 19 2015, 23:51

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Nah it's for someone else who collects them Smile
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Apr 20 2015, 17:58

@nexs wrote:
@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Nah it's for someone else who collects them Smile

Aaaah pull the other one Wink

He looks great though. Such a nice model and your paint work really does him justice. I love the base on Drazhar too. Great stuff

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Apr 20 2015, 23:48

@spellcheck2001 wrote:

Aaaah pull the other one Wink

SC jocolor
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Tue Apr 21 2015, 22:29

Nice job on the farseer.
Its ok to admit if you have developed a craftworld fetish, no ones going to judge you. Look at ESE he's now being quite open about the fact he's "using" regularly these days Wink
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Tue Apr 21 2015, 23:51

Haha!
But i'm as cereal as Al Gore, the owner of said Farseer is picking him up tonight and providing me some pocket money for painting him
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Apr 27 2015, 01:34

WIP Badassery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   

Back to top Go down

Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-