HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Nov 11 2015, 08:25

I might be out of the loop here, but I'm not sure what it has to do with mini painting..
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Nov 11 2015, 08:28

Spellcheck's Harlequin Carnival
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Wed Nov 11 2015, 09:48

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Well I've been sitting on the cast of players for about 6 months or so but couldn't be bothered building them... Also I was pissed that they sculpted wraith bone constructs on the bases and I don't like it... And I was too lazy to re do all of the models with pins and stones...
I bit the bullet and juat put them together
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Thu Nov 12 2015, 12:14

Grotesques update

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Thu Nov 12 2015, 22:09

They're looking good so far. I like the bruising on the skin.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Nov 15 2015, 09:35

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Nov 15 2015, 10:09

the last pic (Guy with the sword-like weapon) looks like he's scratching his foot lol.

I like how these guys look.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Nov 15 2015, 10:16

Haha yeah he kinda does.
From the side though it looks like he's running. I've used water effects to create a flick of snow under his foot as if he's pushed off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Nov 15 2015, 10:18

oh that's sweet. I love the green glow on the models too.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 05:23

Awesome work!!! I love what you've done with your grots, great attention to detail with the conversions. I especially like the heart plugs and pants with knee pads and codpiece, really ties them in with the other coven models (and something I haven't seen on many other conversions). I'm also a big fan of how you fixed a bunch of other things that always bothered me with crypt horror conversions I've seen around, namely their weird feet, random bones through arms, and their furry legs. Maybe it looks better in person but the one massive hook/claw just looks a little too disproportionate to me, although I definitely prefer a more realistic proportionality to my models wherever possible, which isn't necessarily for everyone. That one minor complaint aside, I'd say they look fantastic. Are there plans for more in the works?
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 05:49

@Bugs_N_Orks wrote:
Awesome work!!!  I love what you've done with your grots, great attention to detail with the conversions.  I especially like the heart plugs and pants with knee pads and codpiece, really ties them in with the other coven models (and something I haven't seen on many other conversions).  
Thanks for the detailed comment! Smile
It was my plan to have them somewhat tie into the other coven models, because the wracks/haemonculi/talos/cronos aren't as godawful as the grotesques, and IF I were to run any, I'd want them to match well enough and not look hugely out of place.

Quote :
I'm also a big fan of how you fixed a bunch of other things that always bothered me with crypt horror conversions I've seen around, namely their weird feet, random bones through arms, and their furry legs.  Maybe it looks better in person but the one massive hook/claw just looks a little too disproportionate to me, although I definitely prefer a more realistic proportionality to my models wherever possible, which isn't necessarily for everyone.
Regarding the oversized arm, I had always intended to give the Aberration the Scissor hand upgrade. I didn't fancy making one from plasticard, so I consulted the Talos kit and mashed a few bits together. As far as the proportion goes, I made sure that I took gravity, physical ability and weight of the weapon into consideration when sculpting it on. The original length of the arm (before mutilation and amputation) would have been as long as the green carapace half-shell, and I made sure he's leaning over to one side as if it weighs more than the sword. But as you said, it's entirely down to personal taste (not trying to rebut your query, more giving an insight to the how and why it ended up like that)

Quote :
That one minor complaint aside, I'd say they look fantastic.  Are there plans for more in the works?
More? I'd love to, one day... got a bit of commission on the go at the moment and preparing for a 1350 tournament, so it'd have to wait!
There's the other thing of trying to get my hands on some more crypt horrors, and then planning how they'll be different to these three!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 06:02

30% off all models at my local store Saturday Twisted Evil I'll check if they have any.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 06:04

@Lord_Alino wrote:
30% off all models at my local store Saturday Twisted Evil I'll check if they have any.
So you can tease me with them? Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 06:24

They'll be like 30 dollars. It'll be great.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 06:37

What's that in AUD?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 12:37

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Nov 23 2015, 21:46

That's mega cheap, but postage would make it the same as local price i'd say
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Tue Nov 24 2015, 12:01

Damn man, really nice stuff here. I loved the Shadowseer and the army shots on the snow board are incredible. I like your paint scheme too, really reminds me of Skari's army which I've always liked the look of. Keep up the great work!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Sun Nov 29 2015, 21:44

@Cavalier wrote:
Damn man, really nice stuff here. I loved the Shadowseer and the army shots on the snow board are incredible. I like your paint scheme too, really reminds me of Skari's army which I've always liked the look of. Keep up the great work!
Thanks! I think I can see what you mean with Skari's stuff, being heavy on the green.
Re the snow board, I want to do another one NOT on a cork board. The cork soaks up the pva and warps... grrrr

Progress:
Another commission - Word Bearers Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Dec 21 2015, 04:46

Dark Eldar update:
Talos

Cronos

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Dec 21 2015, 06:50

I love how you did the rustic body on the Talos
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Dec 21 2015, 07:30

@Lord_Alino wrote:
I love how you did the rustic body on the Talos
Rusted was what I was going for... So hopefully that's what you meant!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Dec 21 2015, 08:14

That's what I meant. Don't hate, appreciate lol
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Dec 21 2015, 09:07

How did you achieve the rusty effect?
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:11

@Lord_Alino appreciated, appreciated!
@CptMetal the rust effect is done with rhinox hide and khorne red, and a mixture of both.stippling over the areas with the mix of colours,making sure to leave thick, built up paint (as rust is rarely smooth!). Then add pure khorne red in a similar fashion, making sure to leave the darker mix showing too.
For the carapace, I did the same, but added crimson shade over it, and added earthshade around it to make it look weatherdamaged
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log   

Back to top Go down

Nexs' Painting/Converting and banter Log
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: