Share | 

Rant about "That Guy"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Tue Dec 23 2014, 13:59

Hahaaa! Karma strikes! Though I feel sorry for the guy whose terrain got broken.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Tue Dec 23 2014, 16:02

Its all good, Everyone at the shop offered to pitch in to help replace and or rebuild what broke, Most the guys at our shop are damn good people who look out for each other.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Thu Dec 25 2014, 01:46

We had/have a guy or two like that in my area. It can be so incredibly frustrating playing someone like that. You don't even have to play them. They just have to be playing near me... Guh! I just won't play guts like that anymore. I also now have a tendency to call them out on their BS all the time now. Whether it is my game or not. It tends to shut them up

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Sun Jan 04 2015, 08:40

We've got 2 in my store. One is always practicing for his next tournament, which isn't normally an issue, the issue is he gets really annoyed and snide when losing and he expects you to know the rules of the tournament he's going to instantly. Which is annoying to say the least. He's manageable but... ugh.

But it's guy 2 that's the worst. Oh boy...

Guy 2 doesn't like losing, a lot. Oh god no he hates it more than I hate peanut butter. And when he's losing, models go flying. No seriously, he throws dice and models, goes into a rage and snapped the head off his heldrake and started to cry.

I wish this was a joke.

I don't play either of them mostly because I just want a fun game but seeing these two in the store always makes me go "Oh bloody hell what's going to happen now?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Sun Jan 04 2015, 08:52

Groltag wrote:

Guy 2 doesn't like losing, a lot. Oh god no he hates it more than I hate peanut butter. And when he's losing, models go flying. No seriously, he throws dice and models, goes into a rage and snapped the head off his heldrake and started to cry.

I would pay really good money to watch this go lose it and destroy his own models. Razz

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Sun Jan 04 2015, 17:58

Groltag wrote:

Guy 2 doesn't like losing, a lot. Oh god no he hates it more than I hate peanut butter. And when he's losing, models go flying. No seriously, he throws dice and models, goes into a rage and snapped the head off his heldrake and started to cry."

This is the funniest thing I've read on the internet all week.  Much like baseball, there's no crying in 40K. Very Happy

Oh, I'm also guessing that this guy is a terrific (meaning awful) co-worker/father/husband/friend, etc.
Back to top Go down
Groltag
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Mon Jan 05 2015, 12:07

sweetbacon wrote:
Groltag wrote:

Guy 2 doesn't like losing, a lot. Oh god no he hates it more than I hate peanut butter. And when he's losing, models go flying. No seriously, he throws dice and models, goes into a rage and snapped the head off his heldrake and started to cry."

This is the funniest thing I've read on the internet all week.  Much like baseball, there's no crying in 40K. Very Happy

Oh, I'm also guessing that this guy is a terrific (meaning awful) co-worker/father/husband/friend, etc.

Your guess is very correct! He's pretty awful not just at wargaming. And I have zero idea why or how! But he is!

This hobby does attract an odd bunch of people. But at least I know the majority of people in it are decent humans.
Back to top Go down
5acky
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Thu Jan 08 2015, 07:29

Thankfully, my experiences of 'That Guy' are pretty limited, but that's probably more because I don't play in any GW stores, rather with friends from work. I've only had one bad experience at a local tourney that was poorly organised.

I've seen someone throw dice out the window once, but that was hysterical.

But yeah, I can't imagine enjoying a game against That Guy. I'd probably end up beating him to death with the Rulebook. There's a difference between innocent mistakes and being a malicious dweeb.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Thu Jan 08 2015, 08:27

I kind of skipped most of the other comments but I know two guys who don't play each other and have agreed not to play each other due to sort of the same thing (one guy brings broken lists and reads the rules to his advantage the other calls him out on it) I'd suggest doing the same. If you aren't having fun playing him don't play him. It is all about having fun and taking as many slaves as possible Smile
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rant about "That Guy"   Thu Jan 08 2015, 17:36

Actually I was taught when I came back in 5th by that guy. Used loaded dice and didn't know the rules. I didn't really get to learning what's right until I went to collage. But there are a few here were I live (some are kids that you can't argue with cuz then your seen as the bad guy) others have been quickly and quietly never allowed to game at the stores.

Rant about "That Guy"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: