HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Panacea Perverted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Panacea Perverted   Tue Dec 09 2014, 16:23

If a Haemonculus with a Panacea Perverted is attached to a unit, does the poison-protection extend to any squad he's with?
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Panacea Perverted   Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:25

The Panacea's wording states that it's only the bearer for all abilities and special rules it provides.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Panacea Perverted   Tue Dec 09 2014, 19:29

@Unholyllama wrote:
The Panacea's wording states that it's only the bearer for all abilities and special rules it provides.  

Indeed, but the bearer is part of the unit - and poison wounds can still be allocated to him.

To put it another way, what's the difference between a Haemonculus standing on his own, and a Haemonculus standing with a unit behind him? In the first case, all wounds are allocated to him, and he gets the benefit of the Panacea. In the second case, all wounds are still allocated to him (prior to LoS or death), and he... doesn't get the benefits. scratch

I expect you're right, but I'm just trying to work out when you'd get to use that ability otherwise (since wounds will be rolled before you allocate them to him or his unit). In challenges, I guess? Or, if you're standing in the open (in which case, poison is probably the least of your worries Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Panacea Perverted   Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:13

@The Shredder wrote:

To put it another way, what's the difference between a Haemonculus standing on his own, and a Haemonculus standing with a unit behind him? In the first case, all wounds are allocated to him, and he gets the benefit of the Panacea. In the second case, all wounds are still allocated to him (prior to LoS or death), and he... doesn't get the benefits. scratch

I expect you're right, but I'm just trying to work out when you'd get to use that ability otherwise (since wounds will be rolled before you allocate them to him or his unit). In challenges, I guess? Or, if you're standing in the open (in which case, poison is probably the least of your worries  Wink ).

Well it is the same with a better T-value. If you put Urien inside a squad of wyches, then he will not benefit from his T-value, if the wounds are made against the squad. Challenges would be an exception.

So I guess, that is the correct way to do it, even though I can see a RAW argument on the horizon....

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Panacea Perverted   Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:16

When the Haemy is part of a unit, Poison would hit the unit due to how units work with majority characteristics and not the characteristic of the model. The only time hits are "allocated" to a specific model is when the model is alone or part of a challenge.

Since the relic talks about attacks (hits) against the bearer of the panacea and not wounds, we have to look at when such attacks can be used directly onto a model - which is only when solo or in challenges.

If I'm playing DE vs DE and I shoot at a unit with a Haemy (that has the panacea), I'll be wounding on a 4+ since I'm hitting the unit and not the Haemy directly.

(Things that talk about attacks/hits instead of wounds need to be FAQ'ed in general. Necron's Obyron has a similar issue as well as the old clone field from the previous codex. GW needs to stop using the wording or provide 1-2 sentences that clarify how such works empirically.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panacea Perverted   

Back to top Go down

Panacea Perverted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: