HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Motlu
Slave

PostSubject: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 00:14

So I've read some interesting discussion on other forums regarding the physical appearance of Eldar and how they appear to humans and I thought I would bring it to this completely unbiased forum out of interest's sake. Wink

So, what do you guys think a human sees when he sees an Eldar (say a wyche for starters)? Does he/she see a "sexy human with pointy ears" as some put it or s more alien being?

Would an Eldar be attractive to a non-human or would an Eldar be too alien and inhuman? How about both?

I would love to hear your thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 00:24

I don't think any Dark Eldar would be confused with being a human. It's not just teh pointy ears. It's their entire bearing. The way they move, speak, gesture, etc. would be too non-human for any real mistakes.
As to their attractiveness, I doubt that as well. Firstly, they would have an air of superiority and cruelty about them, putting most people off, and secondly, I just don't picture them as being very pretty. Too sleek, slender and lean, I suppose. Physical characteristics too chisled and defined. Too pale too, almost corpse-like.
Back to top Go down
Motlu
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 00:52

I personally agree with this viewpoint. Eldar as a whole would most likely be unhealthily lean to a human and their movements would seem too fluid and in the dark eldar's case too predatory. I think that the older artwork of the Eldar play up the alien aspect of their apearance with them being freakishly tall and way too thin, their proportions being off compared to a human.

However looking in the new codexes, especially the Dark Eldar codex they appear to be moving the art direction more towards the generic hot scantily clad elf woman. This is especially shown in the drawing of Lilith Hesperax and to a lesser extent the Wyches.

Eldar have always been deacribed as inhumanely beautiful, but I have always considered this to be akin to a human looking at a panther and calling it beautiful. Now though I'm not so sure. Of course this art direction is a move by GW for wider appeal Wink

Interested to hear more thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 02:07

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I suspect there is actually some truth to the comment 'it depends' for this answer. Probably some humans would view them as attractive whilst others would view them as more alien. on top of that you have the teachings of the Church which would doubtless color the opinion of the viewer, the more devout seeing 'alien' and thus, by definition, seeing something to be loathed regardless of relative physical attraction.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 02:12

I think its going to largely depend on the society the person is from. A Carthaen or Fenrisian native would probably find them unhealthy or frail looking. A resident of a big hive planet like Necromunda or Eustis Majoris would probably find wyches or hellions mad hot. Definitely inhuman though. They are too willowy to be mistaken for humans, and move with too much fluidity.

As to current sensibilities? Probably most people would find them pretty bangin' in the looks department.
Back to top Go down
TheNeonArlecchino
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 04:40

I read a reprint of an old collection of 40k short stories (Deathwing) and one of them was about an assassin. She loved changing her form and identity but got selected for a special project that would only allow her to be a tyranid; her body would be too warped to be anything else ever again. That lead to her reflecting on the time she had impersonating an eldar and thinking on how sad it is that she will never have that ethereal beauty again.

Even to an Imperium Assassin, we're gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 07:16

Too thin, elongated skulls, black lidless eyes, joints moving at slightly different angles, movement and gesture speed more akin to a bird speed...i think humans must find them very unnerving, perhaps some perverts might find them attractive.

Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 08:15

@Motlu wrote:
So, what do you guys think a human sees when he sees an Eldar (say a wyche for starters)?
I would say, if a human sees a wych, it is the last thing he sees.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 16:02

Not very attractive, if you ask me. Strange legs and strange forearms. Disproportionate face.

commandersasha
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 17:31

Tall, thin pale women with superior attitudes, violent tendencies, dressed in revealing catsuits and armour, and handy with a bull whip.

These were the qualities that first attracted me to my wife. Yum!
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Sun Dec 07 2014, 23:10

Well preferences are everything. The thing is Eldar are humanoid. Tall, thin, pale, are all characteristics you could use to describe a human. They have a nose in the center of their face, two eyes, ears on the side of their head even if they're pointy, and similar genitalia I take it.

If I can wank to Lelith right now, I'm pretty sure 40,000 years won't change that.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 09:33

I always thought of it as being similar to fey being "inhumanly beautiful" in a lot of folklore; they just have something about them that makes humans jealous, amazed, or what-have-you. I don't think its a sexual attraction (at least not commonly) but more like an appreciation of their grace and power.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 10:15

I think this pic shows their alien nature quite well.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 10:32

Four fingers, just like WK model.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 12:28

@Expletive Deleted wrote:
Well preferences are everything. The thing is Eldar are humanoid. Tall, thin, pale, are all characteristics you could use to describe a human. They have a nose in the center of their face, two eyes, ears on the side of their head even if they're pointy, and similar genitalia I take it.

If I can wank to Lelith right now, I'm pretty sure 40,000 years won't change that.

I always assumed genital compatibility; there used to be an Eldar/human hybrid character.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 12:46

@Jimsolo wrote:

I always assumed genital compatibility; there used to be an Eldar/human hybrid character.

Not just Eldar/Human but an Astartes and the Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines no less! Of course, that was back when the Smurfs were just a 2nd Founding Chapter rather than a Legion.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 13:20

I always saw the dark Eldar as elegant as the intricate danity dagger that kills without being seen. A deadly shadow that sheds blood. A Wych somersaulting over marines, performing all kinds of acrobatics. I see the DE as a race of murderous prowess and life-death competition to strive for the best and become the best. Man such inspiration, for a unique different flavor of death incarnate.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 15:05

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Jimsolo wrote:

Not just Eldar/Human but an Astartes and the Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines no less! Of course, that was back when the Smurfs were just a 2nd Founding Chapter rather than a Legion.

And that's just it, anatomically Eldar are just humans with exaggerated features, like dwarves, elves, orc/ks etc. Until the imperium of man discovers anime tentacle monster aliens, or green blob aliens will the question of attractiveness be really creepy.

So if you like those exaggerated features, tall, skinny men or women with long faces, you'll find the eldar attractive. It's like liking big butts or big boobs. To quote a prophet from the 1990s, "If a girl walks in with an bitty-bitty waste, and a round thing in your face," you will indeed get sprung.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar   Fri Dec 19 2014, 22:41

Whoa!

Two good old words we have to do with Elves

GLAMOUR - to be enchanted

ALLURE (Elf-lure) - to be seduced.

And a good new one...

UNCANNY VALLEY - Its human looking but not quite.  replusive rather than attractive.
Back to top Go down

The Attractiveness Of Dark Eldar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: