Share | 

Splintermind Episode 06

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 06   Sat Dec 06 2014, 04:54

Themeing your Raid - we welcome some guests to talk about their amazing Warhammer 40k armies and how they have developed unique and interesting army themes. Everything from paint schemes, the proper use of bitz, and even lollipops are discussed.

Check out the project logs of our two guest hosts here;

Cavalier's Lions of Asuryan

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5288-eldar-corsairs-lions-of-asuryan-nightwing-archon

Spellcheck's Le Dance Macabre

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6097-harlequin-carnival-la-danse-macabre

Next episode - Tournament Raids and You!

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sat Dec 06 2014, 12:21

Something tells me this is going to be the best episode ever! Laughing Just kidding thanks so much to you and ESE Thor I had a blast recording with you guys!

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sat Dec 06 2014, 14:06

Yes cheers guys for making me feel welcome. You really put me at my ease as I was quite nervous before we started. A pleasure to talk to you both Smile. Very interesting to hear from Cavalier and how he goes about his army. Great stuff Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:49

Another excellent episode guys!
Very interesting to hear from your guests, and can't wait for next month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sat Dec 06 2014, 21:30

At least next month I'll get to sound like I know what we're talking about again Laughing

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sat Dec 06 2014, 21:41

Really nice episode, great to hear from other guys on the forum and it really reminds you of how nice everyone is here.

Awesome sauce.

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sun Dec 07 2014, 02:04

Got a chance to listen to the episode and I just wanted to give Spellcheck a shout-out. It was awesome hearing about your army; how you got started with just a pure Harlie force, the checker pattern tips and even the ups-and-downs of edition changes, and the insight into how much you field the force all made for a great listen. It was seriously awesome to be featured alongside such a fantastic hobbyist with a truly legendary army such as yours. Hope everyone enjoys the episode- cheers guys!

Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sun Dec 07 2014, 03:05

You already convinced Draagontree you were a nice guy, Cav, no need to work overtime Wink

That said, you almost have me hoping I land a gig in N.Carolina sometime close enough to be able to swing over and game DE with you sometime.

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sun Dec 07 2014, 12:11

@Thor665 wrote:
That said, you almost have me hoping I land a gig in N.Carolina sometime close enough to be able to swing over and game DE with you sometime.

That'd be awesome! With your tournament hardened experience you'd reign supreme! Besides you could witness my campaign to prove the worth of the Void Raven first hand (which is going ok at best) Laughing Laughing

Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sun Dec 07 2014, 20:36

I'll try really hard not to blink, I wouldn't want to miss a second of its amazingness Laughing

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Sun Dec 07 2014, 23:58

Just finished listening to this episode, it was really interesting to hear the two guests talking about how they went about creating their armies, especially the differing ways it can be achieved - like how Cavalier mainly uses existing model parts to kit-bash and only sculpts to blend everything together but Spellcheck looks further afield for parts (I guess you'd have to!).

Interested in next month's episode also, as I'm going to be attending my first tournament next year.

Also, ESE I can honestly say that you make the word bonesplosion sound every bit as cool as it did in my head the first time I read it, haha!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Mon Dec 08 2014, 00:13

I was also fond of their similarities though - both advocating analysis of bits to find little unique trends to flavor the army with, and also just general bitz box love.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Mon Dec 08 2014, 00:27

Gotta love a bitz box - I've actually got mine mounted on the wall in the garage now, just need to find time to go through the 'general' box and sift through 20 years worth of stuff (including an old metal marine landspeeder!)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
barit
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Mon Dec 08 2014, 04:50

Cool episode lads, got me looking at conversion ideas for some Sslyth instead of buying them!
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Mon Dec 08 2014, 21:26

Thanks Cavalier. You are a true gent! Smile. I thoroughly enjoyed listening about your army too, so the pat on the back is mutual Very Happy. I will have to go back through your log and try and find the dragon rider jetbikes you were talking about. Very cool idea. I almost went for a exodite force before I chose the harlies so that unit definately strikes a chord with me. It was great to hear you talk about your awesome army. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff soon Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Mon Dec 08 2014, 21:38

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:

Also, ESE I can honestly say that you make the word bonesplosion sound every bit as cool as it did in my head the first time I read it, haha!

Ah snap! I forgot about that Razz I'm finally listening to the episode tonight while painting.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Mon Dec 08 2014, 21:47

Another terrific episode, great to hear other members speak about their take on the hobby, and the forum!
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Tue Dec 09 2014, 22:32

Great episode guys, this is exactly what I like to listen to in Podcasts. Lots of good discussion, not too much GW negativity, great tips for beginners and interesting insights

Also, thanks Spellcheck for the shoutout towards the end Smile You've re-inspired me to finish my Dark Eldar Harlequins I started years ago.

Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Wed Dec 10 2014, 01:37

You totally should, your painting is sick.

Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Wed Dec 10 2014, 02:05

Wonderful episode to our terrific hosts and our talented guests! I really enjoyed the break from tactics and new book discussions to look at the hobby end of things. Next episode sounds great too. Would love to see more on the hobby with painters and modelers (hint hint wink wink EoE). A fluff episode with some of our talented community writers and fluff bunnies would be ammmazziingggg! You know you want to Thor!

Keep up the great work guys!
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Wed Dec 10 2014, 18:18

I just finally got to catch up on the episodes and just want to say how much I enjoy listening to them. Some of the break downs have really helped me with some of my decisions so keep up the great show.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Wed Dec 10 2014, 18:40

@Black Death wrote:
I just finally got to catch up on the episodes and just want to say how much I enjoy listening to them. Some of the break downs have really helped me with some of my decisions so keep up the great show.

Awesome! I'm just glad you didn't stop when I called you the wrong episode way back in Episode 1 Embarassed

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Wed Dec 10 2014, 19:26

Haha nope. Easy mistake and Creeping Death is cool too. I wish I could have used my normal site name of Dread but it wouldn't let me way back when I came aboard here. Anyhow, I'll be listening.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Tue Dec 16 2014, 12:58

Cavalier you should come to the Fayetteville area. We have got a pretty good group of guys. I'm the DE player that they all hate to play against. (Because they lose. Not because I am a bad guy) lol. But there is a good group who play on Saturdays and sundays

Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 06   Wed Dec 17 2014, 12:07

Aw man I'd love to Koshi but Fayetteville is too far a haul for this busted back of mine! Sad I've got major league back problems... its one of the reasons I didn't play much for a couple of years because there was only one store around and it was a little over an hour away. Who knows though if I'm ever gonna be in the area I'll PM you and we can get a doubles game going and really teach em the meaning of power from pain! Twisted Evil

Splintermind Episode 06
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: