Share | 

A few wych questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sandy Death
Slave

PostSubject: A few wych questions   Tue Dec 02 2014, 20:02

Hi Members,
I have a DE army but haven't played it in a while but was very partial to Wychs when I did. I see the new codex came out but I don't have it yet. ($50 geeze!!) But here are a few basic questions.

1. Using my Army Builder software it appears wyches went from 2 attacks (two hand weapons) in the 6 th edition to 1 attack (even though they still have two weapons. Is this true?

2. Bloodbrides are no longer an elite choice. They appear to be an upgrade for wyches in the troop choice. Is that true? Am I limited to one bloodbride unti??

3. GWS eliminated many special characters, and confined the Wracks to an elite unit only. Is there any rational for these and other changes they made in the new codex??

Thanks,
Sandy
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: A few wych questions   Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:32

3 is easiest - wracks are Elites in the dark eldar codex with no way to make them troops, but they are troops in the haemonculi covens supplement. We've got Urien, Lelith and Drazhar, everyone else is gone.

2 - bloodbrides are an upgrade to wyches that makes them elites, you can have as many as you can have elites.

1 - I dunno about army builder and their formatting, but wyches have 1A on the profile, but come with pistol and knife, so it's still basic 2A. Just the same as the previous codex.

I advise you to have a listen to Splintermind by a couple of the kings of TDC, they're doing a really good breakdown of the changes in the new Dex. Start from episode 2 for post-release podcasts.

Be prepared to lose interest in your wyches as a serious battlefield force.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A few wych questions   Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:36

First off, I strongly recommend getting the new book (wyches aren't that good anymore sadly) as I cant straight up tell you the rules (copyright infringement et al), but I'll give some pointers that are (to my knowledge) within the boundaries

1: check their wargear and compare your old army builder files to the old codex (hint hint)

3: the loss of SCs is rumored to be because GW didnt release models, yet other companies did (so its mainly a business decision). As for the wracks; GW doesnt usually comment on their decisions sadly

EDIT: Damnit, ninja'd... Thesaltedwound's initiative was higher Sad

PS:
@thesaltedwound wrote:
but they are troops in the haemonculi covens supplement.
Might wanna doublecheck your book there (they're not troops)

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: A few wych questions   Tue Dec 02 2014, 22:21

Oh yeah! Anterzhul is right. I'd just got so used to assuming they were going to be!

My initiative might have been higher, but my PDF is clearly unwieldy.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: A few wych questions   Tue Dec 02 2014, 23:18

yup, wracks are elites even in the supplement. BUT the supplement detachment doesn't have any slots for troops units, just hq, elites and heavy support

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com

A few wych questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: