HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Groevian Fiends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
beerskunk
Slave

PostSubject: Groevian Fiends   Sun Nov 16 2014, 05:50

In the last Codex, I was taken with a bit of fluff about a group of Dark Eldar assassins known as the Groevian Fiends who were contracted to assassinate Duke Sliscus. However, the Duke escaped and as a parting gift, diverted the Groevian flagship into the sun of the Groevian Fiend home world where it detonated and caused the star to super nova.

I imagined the Groevian Fiends scrambling to evacuate the planet before it was destroyed by the super nova. With only minutes to escape, many of the Groevian Fiends abandon their comrades and fled into the webway where they were mercilessly gunned down by Duke Sliscus' forces.

With Sliscus' unexpected return, news of the Groevian Fiends' destruction spread among the high lords of Commoragh. Power-plays shifted motion as new pawns emerged to replace the Fiends, and the once highly regarded assassins were quickly forgotten.

But the Groevian Fiends have always fulfilled their contracts, and rumors amongst the denizens of lower Comorragh whisper of a new power emerged from the ashes of the Groevian home world. A phalanx of true kin bearing the mark of the Groevian Fiends ravaging real-space systems; each successful raid bringing them closer to the Dark City and nearer their prey...

Void Raven Bomber

Razorwing - WIP

Reaver Jetbike 'Hello Kitty Rider'

Kabalite Warriors

Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Sun Nov 16 2014, 14:49

The voidraven looks awesome, and I'm really liking the ruested effect you've got on the metal stuff. In contrast, the green armour looks perhaps a bit too pristine for my taste. Maybe you should consider whethering that too - a brown stipple might work well.

All just my opinion though; take it or leave it. You've still got a distinctive and good-looking army.

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Sun Nov 16 2014, 15:32

Sadly I somehow can only see your Voidraven. But I love he contrast between the clean airburshed green and the rusty metallics (I really need to try airbrush, too...appearantly it works wonders for Dark Eldar Vehicles).

I hope I somehow can see the rest of your army soon, as I'm really intrigued by your chice of colours

Cheers
Caspaar
Back to top Go down
beerskunk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Sun Nov 16 2014, 20:35

@Caspaar

I had some crazy high-res photos uploaded and they were taking a loooong time to display. I've replaced the images with smaller versions, so they should all show up pretty quick now.

@Plastikente

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm with you on the pristine bomber - just not sure how I want to approach it yet. I may still use the airbrush to ghost a scale pattern that fades out from the front to the back of the bomber, then apply weathering overtop of that.

And honestly, a part of me is afraid to frak up such an expensive model.

The Reaver has quite a bit of dirt and grime, especially along the jet bike frame and body to reflect my concept that the Groevian Fiends don't have the tidiest gear and equipment. After 100+ years scavenging parts, nothing's in very good shape.

I just started working with weathering powders from Secret Weapon which may work well on the bomber.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 07:23

Project logs page is blowing my mind this morning. Seriously slick paint job here beerskunk!
Pretty...

... groevy.

Bloodofthefallen2
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 16:18

Looking great. really like the combination of colours!
Back to top Go down
beerskunk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 21:30

Groevy...lulz. Wink

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm going to have the Ravenwing finished up this weekend between modeling the rest of my Scourges.

Wanted to share a stencil design I've been working on for the Groevian Fiend icon. It's still a WIP, but I'm close enough to share it and see what people think.

Want to make sure it's not too complicated so I can freehand it pretty easily but keep it within the Dark Eldar aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 21:46

I really like that Very Happy
And based on my own experience, that will be plenty complicated enough when you try to paint it freehand on an infantry model...

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 21:53

I really like this! Love the vivid green and orange (I'm a Salamander Slut for starters Razz ). Really lovely job on the green. The orange is also a great contrast colour, works so well with green (again Salamanders).

My only suggestion would be the amount of bone colour on the special weapons. I like the bone colour but I feel it needs more of the metallic colour on the head of the blaster and the dark lance "bulb" before the barrel for example! But still great work! (the reaver is awesome, the scales look amazing)!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
beerskunk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 22:26

I have a few 'gem' painting days coming towards the end of this project where I'll put red gems wherever I feel the model could use a little something extra. Should really help break up the flat bone color, especially on the weapon as you noted.

Plus I notice I forgot to do a light agrax wash around the heavy weapon and forgot to paint power cord along the blaster model's pauldron - damn you high-rez photos, you accentuate my mistakes!

Oh, this finished drying today.

What better way to repair your aether sails AND keep your flesh crafters happy than to craft new sails from the still living flesh of your enemies? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Wed Nov 19 2014, 22:39

Nice!
You're full of good ideas. I will which this project log with interest...

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Thu Nov 20 2014, 16:19

Your units look great, a lovely colour scheme!

One thing though, it may be the green colour or just me but your green stuff sail totally reminds me of Slimer from the Ghostbusters.

beerskunk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Thu Nov 20 2014, 18:01

Hahaha - I'll be sure to slather it with plenty of Nurgle's Rot Wink
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Fri Nov 21 2014, 16:05

this Kabal looks prety good, good use of an aibrush. It's so good to still find original color shemes like these.

I'm keeping an eye on this Kabal, to see it grow.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
beerskunk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Fri Nov 28 2014, 21:45

No more painting today, but I did some extra work on my converted Archon. She's a Lhaemian, Sslyth, and new Archon kit-bash.

Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Fri Nov 28 2014, 21:50

Awesome! I love it. Great idea and very well executed Very Happy
Can't wait to see her painted.

Back to top Go down
Caspaar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   Sat Nov 29 2014, 00:02

Nice!!! Snake bodied Archons cant be bad! Cant wait to see it painted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Groevian Fiends   

Back to top Go down

Groevian Fiends