HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emperorbass
Slave

PostSubject: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 00:16

Just wanting to clarify some wording in the formation entry: During the entire first game turn, and during any turn in which the Night Fighting rules are in effect, all Troops units from this Formation have a 5+ cover save, and all other units from this Formation have a 6+ cover save.

I was led to believe from the rules of Night Fighting this edition that you could only get it for the first turn on a 4+ and then it goes away automatically, are there other ways to get night fighting than just rolling for it?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 06:21

Huh, I'd never noticed that! We've always just played from turn one, and check again at turn 5. Was that old rules, or have we just made it up?

Anyway, I think there's a couple of warlord traits and weird techs that can do it. Necron stuff in particular, but I don't have the book handy. Nothing you could count on encountering!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 07:16

The only one I know of is Imotekh's ability to automatically have night fight turn one and then roll to continue it each turn. Other than that, it's a pretty redundant wording but I guess it kind of futureproofs the rule.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 14:13

theres another one in the necron army that can turn any round into night fighting one time. Dont remember who it was though but it was way cheaper then imo.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 14:32

@barenone wrote:
theres another one in the necron army that can turn any round into night fighting one time. Dont remember who it was though but it was way cheaper then imo.

Ah yes, the Solar Pulse. Forgot about that.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 15:01

Thought someone said the Eldar Corsairs from FW have some night-fight inducing Prince?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Wed Nov 12 2014, 15:12

yes the corsairs Void Prince can drop a turn of night fighting with his orbital bombardment equivalent ability
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Thu Nov 13 2014, 17:10

Hmm, weird. Almost makes me think they forgot to put the 'roll on turn 5' thing in 7th and didn't realise.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Thu Nov 13 2014, 17:33

Is the rule from the void prince and the solar pulse the same special rule? i know the solar pulse is a one time use that you cant use again but i d not remember the rules well enough to know if you could get it another way via shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   Sat Nov 15 2014, 01:11

There's also a trait in the IA13 Heretics & Renegades list that allows you to take Night Fighting first turn and then roll to keep it in each consecutive turn...

Ironically this is a rule to depict an army that strikes always at night. Wonder who else could have benefited from such a rule? Hmm...

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting   

Back to top Go down

Kabalite Raiding Part Formation and Night Fighting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: