Lord of War after the new year?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Nov 13 2014, 17:11

And maybe some absolutely new models...

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Nov 13 2014, 20:00

As long as we're wishlisting, there are references in the codex to the True Kin employing pleasure craft for Eldar who wish to observe the battle for the sake of entertainment without actually taking part in it. I'd love to have a model or two for those. They don't even need to exist in game terms, i just think it would be fun to place them on my table edge and declare that they're here because they think the battle may be pleasantly diverting for them.

Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Nov 13 2014, 20:03

You could take the guns of a reader and use that. Maybe make some couches on it for them to recline
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Nov 13 2014, 20:30

I've thought about it, but the idea somehow doesn't say "pleasure barge" enough to me, and it would be a ton of sculpting work. But mostly I'm just unsure how to make it sufficiently luxurious (Raiders typically have their passengers hanging off the sides, which isn't quite what I'd consider luxurious). It would need to have room for both couches and for personal servants to attend to their masters.

It's pretty unlikely that GW would ever produce such a kit. But Vect remains a possibility.

Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Tue Nov 25 2014, 21:56

@Erebus wrote:
Nightfury, the rumour source, gave a rather vague description in the comments section: "It reminded me of a bigger version of Logan Grimnars santa sled albeit loaded with Dark Eldar Flavor.. "

That doesn't sound too promising for anyone who is not a fan of the sled.

I could totally see GW turning the Dais into a chariot, but I very much hope they won't. An expensive warlord that goes down with his ship after three glancing hits is nothing to look forward to. No

If Vect returns though, he probably won't return alone. Things I would be looking forward to to be released alongside him are plastic Grotesques (the usual monster triple pack), plastic Incubi (five-man-squad box, including proper Demi-Klaive bits) and plastic Sslyth (eight-man-squad box). According to his fluff, Vect employs an entire clan of Sslyth as his bodyguards. And they sure make for a powerful and cool looking unit about every Dark Eldar player would want to have.

Last edited by Rokuro on Mon Jan 19 2015, 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hex
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Dec 31 2014, 19:37

The Dark Eldar dex was completed a while ago.
This should be evident to anyone.
Well before LoWs were in place.
Most likely completed around the time of AM and Orks.
This is why there was no LoW.
IT was not an intentional slight, or some kind of conspiracy.
People need to get over it.
We will get Vect soon enough.
The lack of LoW is the least of the things to be salty about in our 7th Dex.

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Dec 31 2014, 23:34

@Hex wrote:
The Dark Eldar dex was completed a while ago.
This should be evident to anyone.
Well before LoWs were in place.
Most likely completed around the time of AM and Orks.

Why do you feel it should be evident that the DE Codex was completed before other codexes that were released before it, such as Space Wolves and Orks, both of which have LoW? The fact is that every codex that has been released since 7e has contained a LoW except ours. This should be evident to anyone.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
deevil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Sat Jan 31 2015, 01:14

Still holding out hope we will see a LOW, pretty lame that we can't make full use of our CAD, while everyone else can...
Back to top Go down
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Sat Jan 31 2015, 05:59

the revenant titan (not sure if that's the right name) can be taken as a Lord of war for dark Eldar the issue most people have is we don't have our own
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Mar 18 2015, 14:37

Slight necro here but Nightfury, the guy on Faeit who was the source of these rumours, has been making some further comments on Vect.

Quote :
Like maybe Vect on his Dais.. no idea when he'll get dropped, i anticipated an early 2015 release but he could literally pop up anytime they have a slot they wanna fill but id think they would have some sort of fanfare involved possibly leading into or capping an event like adepticon or another "Con". DE and CWE certainly need some character LoW slots soon

Quote :
As far as Vect goes its not a rumour. i saw an actual studio photo back when she was going over the page layouts for the DE release. Whether it was the master prototype or what have you idk, it was however a unique model and not a conversion so it will be released however the timeframe for a actual public release is up in the air, since photo's were taken i imagined a eminent release early this year but that guess hasn't panned out so when he really drops is anybody's call see above post for my speculations on that count Smile

Maybe there's hope for the Supreme Overlord of the Dark City!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Mar 18 2015, 19:17

So he is out there...plotting...scheming )

Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Mar 18 2015, 19:44

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Maybe there's hope for the Supreme Overlord of the Dark City!

All fingers crossed that the Dais will still be a unique transport and not just a chariot.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Mar 19 2015, 14:44

I hope if they release Vect, we will also get some new models.

I prefer Malys, Kheradruakh the Decapicator and maybe Wych Cults suppl.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Mar 19 2015, 16:08

The harlequin sprues are all copyright 2013 so who knows how long they have kits ready to go...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Fri Mar 20 2015, 06:21

@Devilogical wrote:

My bet is on a Khaine's Gate campaign book, and that would definitely have to feature Malys. It'd be Vect vs. Malys vs. Daemons, after all.
It would make sense not to leave Kheradruakh out of it, but I'm not counting on it.

A Wych Cult supplement sounds nice, but I think they would need more than a few formation, artifacts and alternative PfP buffs to be really good on their own.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Fri Mar 20 2015, 16:33

@Calyptra wrote:
I just want plastic Grotesques...
YES PLEASE
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Fri Mar 20 2015, 22:43

@Ciirian wrote:
@Calyptra wrote:
I just want plastic Grotesques...
YES PLEASE

+ about a billion! Don't get me wrong, I love my crypt horror conversions (which should be finished tonight by the way) but I'd love even more to have some genuine DE grotesques with options.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Tue Mar 24 2015, 20:32

@Rokuro wrote:

My bet is on a Khaine's Gate campaign book, and that would definitely have to feature Malys. It'd be Vect vs. Malys vs. Daemons, after all.
It would make sense not to leave Kheradruakh out of it, but I'm not counting on it.

A Wych Cult supplement sounds nice, but I think they would need more than a few formation, artifacts and alternative PfP buffs to be really good on their own.

Sounds nice. Khaine`s Gate campaign...

And abot wyches... Well, not sure about PfP and CD ( it`s seems pretty nice on them) but some cool formations (like apocalypse formations) and artifacts will be pretty nice. And maybe aditional rules.
But it`s only in my dreams...
Thanks to harlequins release, i can distract myself for some time. Untill new intel comes.

Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Mar 25 2015, 07:13

@Rokuro wrote:
@Devilogical wrote:

They also did Valedor which featured Iyanna Arienal without givin her a model or proper rules to use outside of the campain. She is not even in the Iyanden supplement.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Mar 25 2015, 14:51

@Klaivex Charondyr wrote:

They also did Valedor which featured Iyanna Arienal without givin her a model or proper rules to use outside of the campain. She is not even in the Iyanden supplement.

True story, bro.
It was main reason for me not to play Iyanden (no matter i love ghost warriors). So Altansar forever!

Back to top Go down
merzbau
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Wed Mar 25 2015, 15:35

Apologies if this is the wrong thread- there doesn't seem to be a rolling "rumored releases" thread or a specific one for this model- but I've just had a little online chat with a GW store manager (XXXXXX in Philadelphia) that has me curious about the possibility of plastic Incubi at some point. I'd asked her to check if the Cottman store had any of the Court models or Incubi in stock (nope; apparently "web exclusive" on finecast models includes even their own stores, which is insane), and while they didn't have any, she did state that "the finecast models were only meant to be temporary" and was initially claimed that the Incubi should be available online in a plastic version.

I haven't met anyone from this store face to face, and haven't dealt much with GW staff at all, so I can't really be sure if this wasn't just a case of poor information recall or something, but this, the rumors of a smaller/cheaper Incubi repack from last year that didn't come to pass, and- crucially- the removal of the DE Battle Force box from the web store have me curious. GW studio armies have always pushed the Incubi as an essential/core unit (grenades or no); is it inconceivable to think they might be repacking the Battleforce box now that there's a plastic Archon model?

Modded out the name of the store to protect the innocent. It's a small thing, and it may not actually do much, but people can get into trouble for accidentally spilling the beans about future releases. So it helps if we don't specifically identify them. Thanks, Gob.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Thu Mar 26 2015, 12:05

@merzbau wrote:
Apologies if this is the wrong thread- there doesn't seem to be a rolling "rumored releases" thread or a specific one for this model- but I've just had a little online chat with a GW store manager (XXXXXX in Philadelphia) that has me curious about the possibility of plastic Incubi at some point. I'd asked her to check if the Cottman store had any of the Court models or Incubi in stock (nope; apparently "web exclusive" on finecast models includes even their own stores, which is insane), and while they didn't have any, she did state that "the finecast models were only meant to be temporary" and was initially claimed that the Incubi should be available online in a plastic version.

That seems a bit fishy to me. Why would a store manager, of a store in America even, get such information?
I mean, the people who work at GW stores are just salesmen. Their job is to sell the products once they are out, that's all. They don't need to be informed about future releases.
The closest thing to inside information I've ever heard a store clerk getting are stocks of White Dwarf issues one week prior to release.

Also, my "local" GW store in Munich still carries Finecast models. There might be an issue with shipments to America though. I remember someone here complaining about Grotesques being out of stock for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Mon Mar 30 2015, 15:52

So there is a New release llist on natfka, saying that vect is coming with plastic court with a apo-release this year...

edit:
http://natfka.blogspot.de/2015/03/40k-release-schedule-by-week.html
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Mon Mar 30 2015, 19:48

@@miral wrote:
So there is a New release llist on natfka, saying that vect is coming with plastic court with a apo-release this year...

edit:
http://natfka.blogspot.de/2015/03/40k-release-schedule-by-week.html

That looks more like a wishlist than anything else to me.

Also, the Skitarii aren't on it.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Lord of War after the new year?    Mon Mar 30 2015, 21:03

Sigh.

The first hint of a Dark Eldar release.

So, it'll be here in about eight years then........?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com

Lord of War after the new year?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: