Share | 

Mike's Dark Eldar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike
Slave

PostSubject: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:18

Hey everyone!

Just joined this awesome forum, since it looked like a great place to share my love for Dark Eldar. Smile

I recently started to build up my army and fluff and already got some things done.

I wanted an army in the scheme of the Obsidian Rose, but at the same time revolves around Wyches lead by an Archon and his retinue. The fluff I had in my mind is something like this:

A little reminder of the Obsidian Rose fluff:
Aestra Krhomys was thrown out of her cabal, when she refused to bow to it's former leader and was condemned to slave work in the weapon factories of lower Commoragh. Instead of giving up and dying, she focused on building ever better weapons and strived for perfection.
After several years in the factories some cabals began to take notice of the exceptional quality of her work and the Obsidian Rose hired her to exclucively create weapons for them. After spending years working on small, concealable wepaons in secret, she was summoned to an audience with the cabals Archon.
She attended with a retinue of her most loyal followers and assassinated the Archon and his bodyguard with these hidden weapons, while her enemies weapons somehow stopped working in the crucial moment. She took over the cabal and under her it became known for it's quality weaponry and the care they take for it.

While attending the opening of a new Wych arena, Aestra decided to take a walk through the training grounds before the fights and observe the Wyches there. During her stay she noticed that the fighters took exceptionally good care of their blades and that each Wych treasured her weapon immensely. Aestra liked this attitude. The striving for perfection in weaponry, extensive care and attention the warriors paid their blades. It reminded her of her own and the hardship and work it took to get where she is now.

After an impressive show she approached the Succubus of this new, unkown cult and offered to take over it's sponsorship. Considering the huge benefits and opportunities that leaguing with such a powerful und influential cabal like the Obsidian Rose would bring, the cult's leaders happily agreed.
To celebrate this new alliance, the most experienced fighters of the cult were gifted with the best blades the Obsidian Rose had to offer and were invited to take part in a realspace raid. Since Aestra wanted to enjoy a show much better and bigger than anything the cult would be able to organize in an arena, this raiding party would consist of just her with her bodyguard and the best Wyches of the cult.
Aestra would provide all the transports and equipment, while the cult's best fighters would provide the bloodshed and entertainment. The invitation was eagerly accepted, because what better way is there to test out new weapons and impress your new sponsor, than to show off your skills spreading pain and terror amongst humanity?

All I need no is a name for the cult. Smile

The first Squad of Wyches is already painted, I'm currently working on the second.

And the Hekatrix. I wanted to show that the is under the influence of some exotic combat drug, so I inverted the eye colours. Black eyeball and white pupil.

C&C always welcome!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 07:22

Not bad for a first post! affraid

Welcome to The Dark City, these are beautiful models. Thanks for sharing them.

You even drilled your barrels, very proppa.
Back to top Go down
nurglespuss
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 08:09

Awesome! Looking great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 08:27

These are really nice, love the bit of fluff, as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 09:51

Very good painting skills and a nice colour scheme as well.

Also like the snow and the blood.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 15:58

Some of the coolest wyches I've seen, well done. My only complaint is that the camera seems a little off focus in the pictures making it hard to see the detail.

What colours did you use for the last wyche's hair? Very Liz Vicious (safe google if you don't know her!)
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 24 2011, 17:10

I love this.

The different hair colors, the nice highlights and the attention to detail. Oh my America I am digging this one.

More please!
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Vincenzo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Thu Aug 25 2011, 08:02

Stunning mate. The notches on the leather boots are an excellent touch.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Thu Aug 25 2011, 09:57

Thanks a lot for the kind comments everyone, really appreciated!

@darkmark wrote:
Some of the coolest wyches I've seen, well done. My only complaint is that the camera seems a little off focus in the pictures making it hard to see the detail.

What colours did you use for the last wyche's hair? Very Liz Vicious (safe google if you don't know her!)

Thanks! Out of focus? I downscaled the pics quite a lot so I don't spam the first post with a huge wall of pics, maybe that's what blurred out the details ab bit. I'm quite sure everything had the right focus when I took the photos.

Heh I know who Liz Vicious is. Wink The hair was done with a basecoat of red gore, a wash with baal red, highlights with blood red, followed by more highlights with a bit more skull white mixed into the blood red with every step.

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Thu Aug 25 2011, 10:21

Taking good photos is an art form unto itself, so I accept your reasoning no problems Very Happy

Thanks for hair recipe, looking forward to lots more.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Thu Aug 25 2011, 15:53

Wow, just wow! These are arguably the best wyches I have ever seen. I am VERY jealous of your painting skills. Don't know how I missed this log Embarassed.

More please!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 26 2011, 01:15

Thanks guys!

Since I always takes me ages to paint a mini, I thought i'd post updates once I finished something, even if it's not much. This way it's easier to keep this thing going. Smile

Finished two more Wyches today.

The one with the flail must be my favourite so far.

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:16

Fantastic dynamics in that last one.

Love it!
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 26 2011, 17:16

I agree completely with what Speedfreak said.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 26 2011, 18:49

I really like the Wyches and echo all the compliments laid out so far, particularly the blood on the snow.

My only constructive criticism is I don't like how full faced they are, ie I prefer paler skin but perhaps that's just me. Group shot please?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Sun Aug 28 2011, 14:10

Love the posing on the flail guy. Are you planning on doing other units for the army now you've got two wych units done?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Sat Sep 24 2011, 23:22

Thanks for the comments guys!

Long time no update, but I was moving and still have no internet connection in the new flat. That and I have not been painting much recently, but that's about to change again.

Picked up the brush again and I'm currently at my parent house, so I can post some new stuff.

@Sky Serpent Yeah I see what you mean. I mix some grey into the flesh colours, but I prefer the more healthy look. Just personal preference as you said. Smile Group pic is on the first page. I don't have more Wyches than that, but I'm working on it.

@Keravin I just have one unit done! I still need six more Wyches for the second squad, but once these are done I will start working on some Incubi.

Finished my Archon last week.

Lady Aestra Khromys, Archon of the Cabal of the Obsidian Rose.
I love the mini, but the cast was not very good. Unfortunately it was the only blister in the store, so I had to take this one. Some stuff was missing and some bubbles here and there. I managed to repair some of it, but some stuff like the collar kept falling off.

I painted the Obsidian Rose symbol on the bottom of the dress, so it's easier to identify her as the cabals archon.

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 26 2011, 22:44

Sharp looking model. I forsee much of this being used in my own and many others armies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike's Dark Eldar   

Back to top Go down

Mike's Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: