HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!   Sat Nov 01 2014, 07:25

Well given the worst case scenario, you need to withstand 2 rounds of shooting if he wins the initiative. You might face a Drop Pod assault or Tau gunline, scouting bikers with plasmas, etc...

But as I said... you first need to know what you want to play. Everyone has a preferred playstyle. How would you describe yours?
Back to top Go down
Andy140491
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!   Sat Nov 01 2014, 08:13

My preferred play style?? :/ well I've never played 7th edition yet. Stopped at 5 I think and that was with orks!

Well I imagined played it as more of a spearhead type assault. Massed amount of shooting on a certain flank of the enemy lines type thing. I know my models I've bought may not represent that but I was limited in what I could buy :/. Plus I would like to build a coven detachment at some point Smile

But yeah that's the way I imagined it. I would only keep my scourges in reserve, and now I've read that fliers come in from turn too also, I don't know if it's going to be too little on the board at the start
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!   Sat Nov 01 2014, 09:34

Hmm... I usually find two-three raiders and two ravagers are enough to start on board. It really depends on what you are up against. With some armies you just need to close-in ASAP. With others, you can play cat and mouse and zip to his backfield once his forward elements roll too far towards you.

It is wise to understand the huge, huge variety of deployment we have at our disposal. For example Ravagers do not really have to start on the board. A DSing DissieRavager into a rear arc of a Rhino will destroy it more reliably than a LanceRavager. People tend to overestimate the importance of T1 anti-tank shooting compared to our ability to present non-valuable targets to the enemy and hitting where we want to and getting that alpha-strike in. There are armies that can put out absolutely insane amount of firepower, like over 100 S6 shots per turn, which is devastating as it can reliably destroy 5 of our jinking vehicles per turn. But I guess you are not playing those so we dont need to bother with them now.

In my research of a possible TAC list with DE, I have found out that flexibility of deployment and tactic in any given battle is probably the best way to go about it. You can use only one list, but play it in great many ways and always counter or evade any tactic that your opponent tries to use against you. You are not bound by many limitations that other armies have.

You are going against Alpha Strike armies? Make sure that their alpha strike is underperforming. Like: "well... there is your 300pts scouting, plasma shooting bikers unit, buuuut it can only shoot at 10 warriors in cover... or an empty Raider. And next round my reserves will start to arrive in your backfield". Denial of a viable target can be a useful tactic.

Spearhead assault... as a DE, we are at our strongest in later turns. Preferrably T3(2), depending on actual build. In assault we need to overwhelm, withstand 1 turn of fire and strike. Deepstrike allows us to arrive with nice buffs, but we will probably never get everything at once, scattering our power over few turns. T1 presence of everything on the board gives us the possibility to strike at full force but without FNP and other PfP buffs. But important thing is... with assault vehicles all over the army and with every vehicle with DS and WWPs we can alter the strategy prior to deployment and not at army list building, depending on what we face. Try to play around with this thought and try to build the assault core that you would like to have first.

EDIT: Since you are considering a coven, you might also like to consider the Scalpel Squadron, which arrives from reserves T1, gives you possibility to get some moar VPs and most importantly, allows you to start with NOTHING on board... Like leaving the initiative to the Drop Pod assault, let him drop on the empty field, denying his alpha strike and then arriving with the Scalpel on your turn, having presence at the end of the game turn. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Andy140491
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!   Sat Nov 01 2014, 10:17

I very much doubt that I'll be playing against an alpha strike list. I think for me it's going to be trial and error for the first few games. I know the guy plays vanilla marines with imperial knights and the other is guard. Literally all I know Smile

So I'm gonna try and go for an all rounded list and tailor it to what I like Smile
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!   Sat Nov 01 2014, 10:42

Oh heck... Imperial Knights are tough nut.

Anyway, that was just an example illustrating what we can do. :-)
Back to top Go down

Help Carve my 1500 point list out of this!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: