jinking and bombing runs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Vlaerik
Slave

PostSubject: Re: jinking and bombing runs   Wed Nov 19 2014, 23:15

Here's my take on it:

Jink: they can only fire snap shots until the end of their turn.
- okay so the next logical step is to go to snap shots.

Snap Shots: under specific circumstance, models must fire Snap Shots... If a model is forced to make Snap Shots rather than shoot normally, then its Ballistic Skill is counted as being 1 for the purpose of those shots.... some weapon types, such as template and ordnance, or those that have certain special rules, such as blast, cannot be fired as snap shots.
- at this point I noticed one word regularly used: fire or fired. At this point I figured it was just a figure of speech but I decided to check different areas.

Shooting phase declares: during the shooting phase, units armed with ranged weapons can "fire" at the enemy.
- Okay, well what about overwatch which is done in the assault phase?

Resolve Overwatch: As soon as a charge has been declared against one of your units, that unit can immediately "fire" overwatch at the would-be attacker.
- again you have to "fire" your weapon. Still not definitive so I figured I should look at weapons themselves and how shooting weapons work.

Type: A shooting weapon always has one of the following types: Assault, Bomb, Heavy, Ordnance, Pistol, Primary Weapon, Rapid Fire or Salvo. These rules (found on the next two pages) measure a weapon's portability and affect the way they can be fired, depending on whether or not the model carrying them moved that turn. A shooting weapon can only be used to make shooting attacks.
- aha! so they are fired! or are they?

Every instance of weapon type other than bomb is carefully worded to specifically state that it can be fired. Nowhere does it say that a bomb is fired, unlike the other shooting weapons, and the only thing close it states: If a model drops a bomb, it counts as having already fired one weapon in its ensuing shooting phase.
- it counts as having fired a weapon, not it did fire a weapon, it counts as. Therefore it never fires the bomb, so it's not firing, which when it does it would be a snap shot. Since it doesn't "fire" it, it goes off as normal.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: jinking and bombing runs   Thu Nov 20 2014, 09:12

@Vlaerik wrote:
Nowhere does it say that a bomb is fired

Other than in the description of weapon types of course...

Quote :
Type: A shooting weapon always has one of the following types: Assault, Bomb, Heavy, Ordnance, Pistol, Primary Weapon, Rapid Fire or Salvo. These rules (found on the next two pages) measure a weapon's portability and affect the way they can be fired

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: jinking and bombing runs   Thu Nov 20 2014, 15:28

There's actually even a better argument that you don't 'fire' grenades.
It also remains wrong, however.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: jinking and bombing runs   Sat Nov 22 2014, 07:37

So a bomb is the mostest magical weapon EVAR! it doesn't fire, it doesn't melee..... It just appears, dang I knew our weapons were good but I didn't know they were that good... (End sarcasm).

I honestly do not know how Count Adhemar can explain this any more clearly. On a lighter side though, the bomber is dropping a mine.... How funny is that lol.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: jinking and bombing runs   Mon May 11 2015, 02:36

How would the Eldar swooping hawks "intercept" rule work? Could the opposing flyer choose to jink even though the flyer is not the target of a shooting attack? Could it not?

Intercept: "At the end of the movement phase, a model with this special rule can make one Attack against an enemy flyer or FmC that it moved over that turn. The attack hits on a 4+ and is resolved at st4 ap4 with the haywire special rule. Flyers are hit on their side armour.

PostSubject: Re: jinking and bombing runs   

Back to top Go down

jinking and bombing runs
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: