HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 10:38

So what is up with the strange fact that only Wych cult is using drugs?

For coven you can say that they have their own drugs in their supplement but what about Warriors, Trueborn, Scourges, Ravager and maybe IC's? Why would they stay away from battle boosting drugs?

I was wondering if we could come up with a Shooting Drugs list (as an equivalent for combat drugs)

In my list of special rules I was thinking of the following:

1. BS +1
  2. Relentless
  3. Tank-Hunters
  4. Snipers
  5. Ld +1
  6. Skyfire
  7. Twin-linked

More efficient so maybe too much
  8. Bonus +1 to FnP roll
  9. Ignore cover

What do you think should be on the list and what units would benefit from it?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 10:46

Its one thing to come up with a list of drugs for shooting, but how can you justify them?
What kind of drug would make someone a Tank Hunter? What sort of drug would make someone better at shooting planes?
Otherwise it's just a wishlist of bonuses we wish we had (which are all too common).
And I hate to say, but looking at the way drugs currently work, if there were such a thing they wouldn;t be giving special rules anymore, it would all be stat boosts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 11:29

Certain things I think you could justify through drug effects, for example a drug that allows the optic system to function beyond its normal capabilities, seeing things in more detail, or feeling like time is slowing down (like the film 'Wanted' for example)

Not sure sniper would be a massive change for us though, since we wound on a 4+ anyway.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 11:37

Yes indeed this is a wish list but I guess that in 40k we can come up with drugs that justify these boni.
Tank Hunter could be a heat sensitive vision for example.
It might be something like technology upgrades as well

And sniper would also add PS and AP2 on 6's.

If not an army wide rule it could be part of a formation.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 11:51

Who knows, maybe sometime in the grim and dark future we'll get cult and kabal supplements to encourage mono-armies. Cult was definitely rumoured pre-codex release though (I think) only the 2 types of marines have had more than one so far? Orks will probably be next to get a second one (I'm guessing Speed Freeks).

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 11:55

Whilst I don't think Combat Drugs are the answer I certainly do feel that the Dark Eldar, one of the most technologically advanced races in the universe, ought to be able to figure out how to twin-link their weapons, ignore cover occasionally, fire on the move or otherwise demonstrate their superiority.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 11:59

My wishful thinking would be more in the line of: Can we please get rid of random Drug tables?

I mean this is nothing "random" like a chaos gods attention. You make a CHOICE which poison you take.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?   Fri Oct 17 2014, 12:45

If we're into wishlisting, I personally think the warlord traits need more attention than drugs. After all, to kit out your Archon with a blaster and then roll +1 WS is ridiculous - I'd personally go with three charts per book - personal buffs for shooting, personal buffs for combat, and general buffs for army specifics (as opposed to the strategic rulebook traits), so for us may a couple of traits for reserves manipulation (say bring in D3 units on turn 1 or re-roll the result), something along the lines of a storm of fire type (re-roll 1's for a turn) trait for lances etc

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down

Wishful Sinful: more Drugs, shooting Drugs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: